Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP Suggestion] cl_righthand command

[SSRP Suggestion] cl_righthand command 2 years 7 months ago #1354836

Server Name: SSRP/DarkRP

Suggestion Title: cl_righthand command

How would it benefit the server: Allow users to have the preference of right handed or left handed view models

Potential Issues/Exploits: Buggy Animations/Textures on certain weapons

Additional notes: There is already a steam workshop addon that allows you to have left handed m9k models and in the m9k packs shared.lua there is a setting to flip the viewmodel

Source for viewmodel flip function from steam workshop addon:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
  • Zorri
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 71
Login or register to post a reply.

[SSRP Suggestion] cl_righthand command 2 years 7 months ago #1354838

Not sure about some of the weapons and stuff from cases but the gluon and mini2 work perfectly fine with it as well. The only weapon I've tested that breaks with the command is the handcannon. My suggestion would be to only allow it for m9k models to prevent models/textures that weren't meant to be on the left from breaking entirely
  • Zorri
  • Junior Boarder

[SSRP Suggestion] cl_righthand command 2 years 7 months ago #1354842

orbadoc wrote:
Zorri wrote:
Not sure about some of the weapons and stuff from cases but the gluon and mini2 work perfectly fine with it as well. The only weapon I've tested that breaks with the command is the handcannon. My suggestion would be to only allow it for m9k models to prevent models/textures that weren't meant to be on the left from breaking entirely
Is it really worth the effort though, additionally, I dont think making a timer that iterates through your weapons every second is the most efficient thing to do either

iterate through every weapon on a timer :point_right: -100 fps
  • Lyra
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 145

:nails: :nails: :nails: :nails: :nails: :nails: :nails: :nails: :nails: :nails: :nails: :nails: :nails: :nails: :nails: :nails: :nails: :nails: :nails: :nails: :nails: :nails: :nails: :nails: :nails:

[SSRP Suggestion] cl_righthand command 2 years 7 months ago #1354844

Lyra wrote:
orbadoc wrote:
Zorri wrote:
Is it really worth the effort though, additionally, I dont think making a timer that iterates through your weapons every second is the most efficient thing to do either

iterate through every weapon on a timer :point_right: -100 fps
literally no framerate drop compared with and without the addon and I'm not saying to implement it the exact way the addon from the workshop does, I'm simply giving the suggestion with the source of how the addon works. All there needs to be is a function to change true to false since every single weapon for m9k has a shared.lua file where you can edit the line SWEP.ViewModelFlip = true, false

The command could either be a console command or an option under the settings tab
  • Zorri
  • Junior Boarder
Moderators: Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds

153 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT