Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SSRP] Fix Bhopping

[SSRP] Fix Bhopping 3 years 4 days ago #1329939

Server Name: SSRP

Suggestion Title: Try to add a set bhopping speed to regulate the speed of players when they arent risking items

How would it benefit the server: more items being used, less chaotic (in a good way) and with the nerf of the forcefield both sides of the Zarp Political Eisle can come to an agreement that can benefit the server immensely.

Potential Issues/Exploits: This could end up being a bad idea if the speed is set way too low, possibly make it the same speed as amphetamine, would need to gradually slow down or things like nitros could be rendered useless if the speed change is too difficult to handle.

Additional notes: It can be a pain watching a gedf fly at mock 10 to arrest you, things like suits and masterswords allow for similar speeds to be met as well, focusing the gameplay on the items rather than how many times you press your space bar in my opinion sounds to be better.
This could go good, or bad
  • Lerpson
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • black people should totally be allowed to vote
  • Thanks received: 1817
Jay House number 1 as always
Login or register to post a reply.

[SSRP] Fix Bhopping 3 years 4 days ago #1329941

:neutralsp: I don't think this needs to be added yet, due to the fact that the only time this is necessary to do is when people nuke warehouse and even then it's a rare occasion, same goes for anywhere other than ele add other ways of raiding that easily and then add something similar to this but at the moment the only reason a GEDF would be slam bhopping or bhopping towards anyone would be me currently and it's not extremely hard to counter when you're nuking ele with a dupe down.

[SSRP] Fix Bhopping 3 years 4 days ago #1329942

Sam Winchester wrote:
:neutralsp: I don't think this needs to be added yet, due to the fact that the only time this is necessary to do is when people nuke warehouse and even then it's a rare occasion, same goes for anywhere other than ele add other ways of raiding that easily and then add something similar to this but at the moment the only reason a GEDF would be slam bhopping or bhopping towards anyone would be me currently and it's not extremely hard to counter when you're nuking ele with a dupe down.
due to the extreme wealth gap between PL and the majority of other players I can see why those who do bhop would be very unhappy considering if they lose that aspect of the game they will be put in a even harder situation to get the edge on others with more strength, personally when players bhopped into JH nukes before the bans it was not as bad of a problem for us. At the end of the day the forcefield still needs a major nerf and after that the bhopping topic should be discussed
  • Lerpson
  • Nitro Booster

[SSRP] Fix Bhopping 3 years 4 days ago #1329943

Carson wrote:
Sam Winchester wrote:
due to the extreme wealth gap between PL and the majority of other players I can see why those who do bhop would be very unhappy considering if they lose that aspect of the game they will be put in a even harder situation to get the edge on others with more strength, personally when players bhopped into JH nukes before the bans it was not as bad of a problem for us. At the end of the day the forcefield still needs a major nerf and after that the bhopping topic should be discussed

If this change was made though it would ruin a major playstyle just in general.

[SSRP] Fix Bhopping 3 years 4 days ago #1329944

Sam Winchester wrote:
Carson wrote:
Sam Winchester wrote:

Yes but when u look at what the forcefield is useful for you then have to understand why bhopping gets abused by people who hack as well, which zarp has had problems with you can see why people arent a huge fan of it anymore.
  • Lerpson
  • Nitro Booster
Last Edit: 3 years 4 days ago by Lerpson.

[SSRP] Fix Bhopping 3 years 4 days ago #1329945

Sam Winchester wrote:
Carson wrote:
Sam Winchester wrote:

Hopping into your own death 20 times just to get 1 arrest while risking 0 items is not a playstyle in my opinion.

Also Carson I’ll message you on discord about my opinion on nerfing bhop, I don’t want to leave it here.
  • Lefty.
  • Legendary Member
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 1811

Signed by:
ronaldmarc2009
CEO of Business
jutsu ballah
JoshuaIsGreat (not racist)
names will now end here due to banishment
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lerpson

[SSRP] Fix Bhopping 3 years 4 days ago #1329951

Noo wtf, i will get caught using my bhop scripts!!!

:minussp:
  • rroobbiinn10xx
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Zwarte piet is not racist
  • Thanks received: 1738
Last Edit: 3 years 4 days ago by rroobbiinn10xx.

[SSRP] Fix Bhopping 3 years 4 days ago #1329952

:plussp:
  • menameisemil
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • idk what to put here
  • Thanks received: 601
Former:
SSRP Super Admin
SSRP Section Mod

[SSRP] Fix Bhopping 3 years 4 days ago #1329954

:plussp: it might be the only strat left since gluon pushing 10+ defenders is an indefinite suicide mission, but being able to fly at light speed towards people and arrest them is broken.
  • maddox
  • Gold Boarder
  • Ian foot
  • Thanks received: 1297
sky.lea | youtube | steam

Discord: edward_adonis

[SSRP] Fix Bhopping 3 years 4 days ago #1329971

Maddox wrote:
:plussp: it might be the only strat left since gluon pushing 10+ defenders is an indefinite suicide mission, but being able to fly at light speed towards people and arrest them is broken.
no men, hoverboard exploiting is also possible
good old strat

[SSRP] Fix Bhopping 3 years 4 days ago #1329972

There's literally only one person who """""""""abuses"""""""" bhopping so I don't think changing a gmod mechanic is necessary especially when new players may leave cause of it :minussp:
  • PZGrens
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • You the shit to me
  • Thanks received: 548
Steam Profile
Ex TTT admin x2
Ex Minecraft Admin
Ex Surf Moderator
Ex Deathrun Admin
Ex SSRP Moderator x2
Ex Community Council member

[SSRP] Fix Bhopping 3 years 4 days ago #1329973

PZGrens wrote:
There's literally only one person who """""""""abuses"""""""" bhopping so I don't think changing a gmod mechanic is necessary especially when new players may leave cause of it :minussp:
New players don't get on and start grinding for a gedf and slams. Also, its more than one person.
  • CEO of Business
  • Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP
  • auzwald
  • Thanks received: 2304

[SSRP] Fix Bhopping 3 years 4 days ago #1329974

CEO of Business wrote:
PZGrens wrote:
New players don't get on and start grinding for a gedf and slams. Also, its more than one person.

Yeah but if I joined a server and couldn't even bhop properly I wouldn't stick around. Maybe I've misunderstood the suggestion but a nerf to bhopping wouldn't just affect the person with gedfs and slams but also the new person bhopping around spawn.
  • PZGrens
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • You the shit to me
  • Thanks received: 548
Steam Profile
Ex TTT admin x2
Ex Minecraft Admin
Ex Surf Moderator
Ex Deathrun Admin
Ex SSRP Moderator x2
Ex Community Council member

[SSRP] Fix Bhopping 3 years 4 days ago #1329978

CEO of Business wrote:
PZGrens wrote:

I don't see you guys slandering anyone else openly for "scripting" and "esping" ?

[SSRP] Fix Bhopping 3 years 4 days ago #1329979

PZGrens wrote:
CEO of Business wrote:
PZGrens wrote:

Yeah but if I joined a server and couldn't even bhop properly I wouldn't stick around. Maybe I've misunderstood the suggestion but a nerf to bhopping wouldn't just affect the person with gedfs and slams but also the new person bhopping around spawn.
If i project myself in the future, and this was now present on the server nobody would care, people would be mad for like a week then slowly forget about it
You haven't tasted the real shit yet, im pretty sure you werent there when the holster exploit fix was introduced and changed later on because it wasn't really fixed
But if a bhop nerf was to happen, it wouldnt be this terrible, i'm not against nor for it, i just don't care because it's not a crazy mechanic
if people are pissed off by the people bhopping just wear a jugg suit when cops bhop during a nuke or something
who doesn't have a jugg suit on zarp in 2021?
Last Edit: 3 years 4 days ago by slodoban milošević.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dusheke dabliqius

[SSRP] Fix Bhopping 3 years 4 days ago #1329982

ToBeHonest wrote:
PZGrens wrote:
CEO of Business wrote:
PZGrens wrote:

If i project myself in the future, and this was now present on the server nobody would care, people would be mad for like a week then slowly forget about it
You haven't tasted the real shit yet, im pretty sure you werent there when the holster exploit fix was introduced and changed later on because it wasn't really fixed
But if a bhop nerf was to happen, it wouldnt be this terrible, i'm not against nor for it, i just don't care because it's not a crazy mechanic
if people are pissed off by the people bhopping just wear a jugg suit when cops bhop during a nuke or something

Me
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4043
The following user(s) said Thank You: CEO of Business

[SSRP] Fix Bhopping 3 years 3 days ago #1329997

ToBeHonest wrote:
PZGrens wrote:
CEO of Business wrote:
PZGrens wrote:

yeah and the holster exploit was pog but I fully understand why it was removed.
  • Lerpson
  • Nitro Booster

[SSRP] Fix Bhopping 3 years 3 days ago #1330025

no
  • JAEGERMEISTER
  • Gold Boarder