Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Pointshop Suggestion - Timed XP Bonuses

Pointshop Suggestion - Timed XP Bonuses 3 years 1 month ago #1318508

Server Name: Any and all pointshop servers

Suggestion Title: XP bonuses

How would it benefit the server: So there's two options to this, or both could be used:
  • Set XP bonuses for completing a map. Example, if you finish a bhop map and that bhop map gives you 50xp normally, this bonus would give you 30, 50 or 100xp (or whatever is balanced) on top of that every time you finished; either for a set amount of finishes or period of time. The 3 increments would be associated with their rarity, so obviously 100 would be legendary or rare etc.
  • XP % bonuses for completing a map. Following the above example, 50xp for a map. This bonus would give 1.5x, 2x and 4x (or whatever is balanced) of the maps xp reward. Again, bonuses would be associated with their rarity and would either have a period of time that the bonus lasts for or a amount of map finishes.
In both cases these would be available in card packs and would be consumed upon use. Could cost diamonds to craft or could not. The other option is to make it part of the VIP bonus for bhop/surf etc. I would prefer to see timed bonuses over a numbered finish bonus length as this would keep players playing on the server for longer periods to maximise their xp boost.

Potential Issues/Exploits: None, if coded properly, but at the end of the day there isn't much benefit to leveling up so I doubt this could be exploited. Just make sure each card has a one time use.

Additional notes: Would just like to see xp bonuses in the packs in some form. Not sure if this has been suggested before but I couldn't find any mention of it. (maybe I'm blind)
  • euan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • the truth is i miss you
  • Thanks received: 586
Ex Bhop Head Admin
Ex Surf Head Admin
Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by euan.
Login or register to post a reply.

Pointshop Suggestion - Timed XP Bonuses 3 years 1 month ago #1318519

I don't play bhop but sounds like a cool idea :plussp:
  • Gin
  • Senior Boarder
  • d:-D
  • Thanks received: 556

Pointshop Suggestion - Timed XP Bonuses 3 years 1 month ago #1318523

As it stands, the XP system is different on every server and not part of the Pointshop. Your rank is server-specific and the server owners are individually able to decide how much XP you get for any given task. Some servers have 50 levels, some have less and some servers use a prestige system while others don't. Without a "central" XP system your suggestion is probably not viable for all Pointshop Servers and would probably have to be implemented outside of the Pointshop on specific servers (eg. Surf and BHOP)
  • Martin
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Square Pizza is the BEST!
  • Thanks received: 1877
Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Martin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: euan

Pointshop Suggestion - Timed XP Bonuses 3 years 1 month ago #1318526

Martin wrote:
As it stands, the XP system is different on every server and not part of the Pointshop. Your rank is server-specific and the server owners are individually able to decide how much XP you get for any given task. Some servers have 50 levels, some have less and some servers use a prestige system while others don't. Without a "central" XP system your suggestion is probably not viable for all Pointshop Servers and would probably have to be implemented outside of the Pointshop on specific servers (eg. Surf and BHOP)
What's the possibility like of having cards that only appear on certain servers, say if you have a bhop specific pack filled with diamonds/xp bonuses that don't appear on other servers?
  • euan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Ex Bhop Head Admin
Ex Surf Head Admin

Pointshop Suggestion - Timed XP Bonuses 3 years 1 month ago #1318529

euan wrote:
Martin wrote:
What's the possibility like of having cards that only appear on certain servers, say if you have a bhop specific pack filled with diamonds/xp bonuses that don't appear on other servers?

I don't really think that would work well. I always try to make all new features of the Pointshop accessible on all Pointshop servers. Adding something to the pointshop that can only be used on a specific server would put the other servers at a disadvantage - there'd have to be a new system for server-specific items, a new way to obtain the server-specific items that is only possible on these servers and a lot of balancing and testing to make sure it doesn't break the XP economy on these servers. It'd be quite a lot of work that results in a feature that only works on specific servers. I'd rather put development time into features that are available on all servers for now, especially considering my *giant* list of things I want to change about the Pointshop that are still to be implemented.
  • Martin
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Square Pizza is the BEST!
  • Thanks received: 1877
Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Martin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alit, euan

Pointshop Suggestion - Timed XP Bonuses 3 years 1 month ago #1318535

Martin wrote:
euan wrote:
Martin wrote:

I don't really think that would work well. I always try to make all new features of the Pointshop accessible on all Pointshop servers. Adding something to the pointshop that can only be used on a specific server would put the other servers at a disadvantage - there'd have to be a new system for server-specific items, a new way to obtain the server-specific items that is only possible on these servers and a lot of balancing and testing to make sure it doesn't break the XP economy on these servers. It'd be quite a lot of work that results in a feature that only works on specific servers. I'd rather put development time into features that are available on all servers for now, especially considering my *giant* list of things I want to change about the Pointshop that are still to be implemented.
Chance to do something with flat xp drops that are significant enough across all servers but not game breaking across any too? There must be some form of middle ground that fits all servers?
  • euan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Ex Bhop Head Admin
Ex Surf Head Admin
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds

154 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1