Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [Forum] Suggestion - Multi Rank Icons & Format

[Forum] Suggestion - Multi Rank Icons & Format 3 years 3 months ago #1306928

Server Name: ZARP Gaming Forums

Suggestion Title: Multi rank icons and rank formatting

How would it benefit the server: Would give the forums a slightly nicer look to them, they feel like they are coming on a bit in age but minor changes can really do a lot for it!

Potential Issues/Exploits: None really? Compatibility with Kunena

Additional notes: Stolen from a forum I did the CSS and HTML for, improved Nafe's idea of improvement. Obviously these ranks are not all applicable to ZARP however these are just examples.

How the multi rank would look.

How the rank formatting looks.
  • euan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • the truth is i miss you
  • Thanks received: 586
Ex Bhop Head Admin
Ex Surf Head Admin
Login or register to post a reply.

[Forum] Suggestion - Multi Rank Icons & Format 3 years 3 months ago #1306930

Multi ranks aren't a bad idea, maybe it can show if you're a global mod, section mod, CM etc. etc. But please for the love of Christ don't add that glittery text or any of those text effects they look so cheap, I can't stand that.
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by narexa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SwiiFTz, CEO of Business, euan

[Forum] Suggestion - Multi Rank Icons & Format 3 years 3 months ago #1306931

that looks fucking awful literally would rather look at fortnite skins than that pile of shit
  • Sup bitch
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • bum bum face
  • Thanks received: 207
I like a lot of attention! Please give me attention, daddy! uwu

[Forum] Suggestion - Multi Rank Icons & Format 3 years 3 months ago #1306932

we just dont need all of those ranks, and theres not enough ranks to warrant something like this.
  • User1502
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 821

[Forum] Suggestion - Multi Rank Icons & Format 3 years 3 months ago #1306933

Black Man wrote:
we just dont need all of those ranks, and theres not enough ranks to warrant something like this.
ArdiEmma wrote:
that looks fucking awful literally would rather look at fortnite skins than that pile of shit
Would be nice if you read the post, I didn't suggest adding any ranks. Nor did I suggest adding specific formatting of sparkles or whatever. Merely showing what can be achieved.
narexa wrote:
Multi ranks aren't a bad idea, maybe it can show if you're a global mod, section mod, CM etc. etc. But please for the love of Christ don't add that glittery text or any of those text effects they look so cheap, I can't stand that.
Yea fair, glittery stuff isn't for everyone, was more designed to be a demonstration of what CSS can achieve rather than add glittery text now. Many different things could be done.
  • euan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Ex Bhop Head Admin
Ex Surf Head Admin
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by euan.

[Forum] Suggestion - Multi Rank Icons & Format 3 years 3 months ago #1306935

euan wrote:
Black Man wrote:
ArdiEmma wrote:
Would be nice if you read the post, I didn't suggest adding any ranks. Nor did I suggest adding specific formatting of sparkles or whatever. Merely showing what can be achieved.
narexa wrote:
Yea fair, glittery stuff isn't for everyone, was more designed to be a demonstration of what CSS can achieve rather than add glittery text now. Many different things could be done.
then why is this a suggestion thread?????????
  • Sup bitch
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • bum bum face

[Forum] Suggestion - Multi Rank Icons & Format 3 years 3 months ago #1306937

euan wrote:
Black Man wrote:
ArdiEmma wrote:

This makes no sense
  • User1502
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 821

[Forum] Suggestion - Multi Rank Icons & Format 3 years 3 months ago #1306938

ArdiEmma wrote:
euan wrote:
Black Man wrote:
ArdiEmma wrote:
narexa wrote:
Cause I'm suggesting using CSS for ranks not that specific effect?
  • euan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Ex Bhop Head Admin
Ex Surf Head Admin

[Forum] Suggestion - Multi Rank Icons & Format 3 years 3 months ago #1306940

euan wrote:
ArdiEmma wrote:
euan wrote:
Black Man wrote:
ArdiEmma wrote:
narexa wrote:
ur supposed to suggest what should be used not just oh u could do this i get ur new to the forums but just look at a few other suggestions
  • Sup bitch
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • bum bum face

[Forum] Suggestion - Multi Rank Icons & Format 3 years 3 months ago #1306947

In my opinion they should remove the section moderator ranks and once someone gets accepted as an Administrator on and server, they will have access to specific sections to also moderate the forums (such as appeals and report abuse) so they can deal with them more easily without having to wait for section mod or higher.

Though this should give them limited powers to prevent mass abuse from happening.
  • Ezeh
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • A wild fox
  • Thanks received: 1395
Former ranks;
SSRP Super Administrator
TF2 Super Admin
Teamspeak Staff
Discord Administrator
Appeals/RA Section Forum Moderator
Deathrun Administrator

Need to contact me? Click here!
Ezeh#4745

[Forum] Suggestion - Multi Rank Icons & Format 3 years 3 months ago #1306948

Ezeh wrote:
In my opinion they should remove the section moderator ranks and once someone gets accepted as an Administrator on and server, they will have access to specific sections to also moderate the forums (such as appeals and report abuse) so they can deal with them more easily without having to wait for section mod or higher.

Though this should give them limited powers to prevent mass abuse from happening.

I think lead team members should be given this privilege, it would give the forums a greater staff presence but definitely not lower than that.
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 8582

[Forum] Suggestion - Multi Rank Icons & Format 3 years 3 months ago #1306949

euan wrote:
ArdiEmma wrote:
euan wrote:
Black Man wrote:
ArdiEmma wrote:
narexa wrote:
Why use just CSS over javascript/typescript? what is currently in place is better than what you're suggesting
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4693
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Lewis_is_java.

[Forum] Suggestion - Multi Rank Icons & Format 3 years 3 months ago #1306953

Ezeh wrote:

Sounds like a pretty sensible idea.
Lewis_is_java wrote:
Why use just CSS over javascript/typescript? what is currently in place is better than what you're suggesting
CSS is purely for cosmetics, like this kinda thing. Doesn't adversely interact with any other functionality on web pages either.
ArdiEmma wrote:
ur supposed to suggest what should be used not just oh u could do this i get ur new to the forums but just look at a few other suggestions

suggestion
noun
an idea or plan put forward for consideration.

I think the definition and purpose of a suggestion is pretty clear. If a suggestion is made that the developers like that don't have to follow the exact definition; and instead can modify it to best suit Zarp.
  • euan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Ex Bhop Head Admin
Ex Surf Head Admin

[Forum] Suggestion - Multi Rank Icons & Format 3 years 3 months ago #1306955

euan wrote:
Ezeh wrote:

Lewis_is_java wrote:
CSS is purely for cosmetics, like this kinda thing. Doesn't adversely interact with any other functionality on web pages either.
ArdiEmma wrote:

suggestion
noun

I think the definition and purpose of a suggestion is pretty clear. If a suggestion is made that the developers like that don't have to follow the exact definition; and instead can modify it to best suit Zarp.
yeah but you're saying that like this website isn't using CSS? what is the suggestion
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς

[Forum] Suggestion - Multi Rank Icons & Format 3 years 3 months ago #1306974

Lewis_is_java wrote:
euan wrote:
Ezeh wrote:

Lewis_is_java wrote:

ArdiEmma wrote:

suggestion
noun

yeah but you're saying that like this website isn't using CSS? what is the suggestion
Then you know as I'm presuming you do it's not hard to incorporate, it can be done other ways anyway? Your point is that do it through JS? That's fine, my suggestion isn't add CSS. You're arguing tomato/tomato, I just used my examples from work I did using CSS.
  • euan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Ex Bhop Head Admin
Ex Surf Head Admin

[Forum] Suggestion - Multi Rank Icons & Format 3 years 3 months ago #1306975

euan wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
euan wrote:
Ezeh wrote:

Lewis_is_java wrote:

ArdiEmma wrote:

suggestion
noun

Then you know as I'm presuming you do it's not hard to incorporate, it can be done other ways anyway? Your point is that do it through JS? That's fine, my suggestion isn't add CSS. You're arguing tomato/tomato, I just used my examples from work I did using CSS.
i just want to know what the suggestion is that's all
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
The following user(s) said Thank You: euan

[Forum] Suggestion - Multi Rank Icons & Format 3 years 3 months ago #1306977

Lewis_is_java wrote:
euan wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
euan wrote:
Ezeh wrote:

Lewis_is_java wrote:

ArdiEmma wrote:

suggestion
noun

i just want to know what the suggestion is that's all
Prettier rank formatting, i.e for VIPs, Admins etc. and multi rank icons so you can display server mods etc. Probably should have included this in my OP; thought it was clearer so that's my bad.
  • euan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Ex Bhop Head Admin
Ex Surf Head Admin
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 1.029 seconds

131 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1