Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP SUGGESTION] Display item prices

[SSRP SUGGESTION] Display item prices 3 years 2 months ago #1304599

Server Name:
SSRP

Suggestion Title:
display item prices in inventory

How would it benefit the server:
would stop new players from not knowing the prices of items and getting scammed by richer players

Potential Issues/Exploits:
would require someone to frequently update it as the market changes, i was thinking this could be a new community council job or just something for the lead team to do

Additional notes:
would be another tab when clicking on an item in your inventory, would also appear in trades so you know if the trade is good or not. should also be a range not a set price, e.g gems = 50-60 per.
no idea if this has already been accepted in the past, i did a quick search and couldn't find any.
  • maddox
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Ian foot
  • Thanks received: 1298
sky.lea | youtube | steam

Discord: edward_adonis
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by maddox.
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP SUGGESTION] Display item prices 3 years 2 months ago #1304602

I like the idea but who is in control of something so fucking powerful?! As bad as it sounds owners and higher ups spend the time working on the server over playing it so it would have to be someone trusted and not busy. I don't think this could be implemented safely HOWEVER I think someone made an average cost post on the forums and kept updating it for a while so I think that approach would be good but some stuff is so fucking unstable no one really knows the price

[SSRP SUGGESTION] Display item prices 3 years 2 months ago #1304603

EviIstewie wrote:
I like the idea but who is in control of something so fucking powerful?! As bad as it sounds owners and higher ups spend the time working on the server over playing it so it would have to be someone trusted and not busy. I don't think this could be implemented safely HOWEVER I think someone made an average cost post on the forums and kept updating it for a while so I think that approach would be good but some stuff is so fucking unstable no one really knows the price
yeah true, maybe it could be multiple people working on this. as i said it should be a range so not particularly accurate, just a thought to stop new players not knowing how much things go for and under pricing their items like crazy.
  • maddox
  • Gold Boarder
  • Ian foot

Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by maddox.

[SSRP SUGGESTION] Display item prices 3 years 2 months ago #1304606

Maddox wrote:
EviIstewie wrote:
yeah true, maybe it could be multiple people working on this. as i said it should be a range so not particularly accurate, just a thought to stop new players not knowing how much things go for and under pricing their items like crazy.

Tell you what I'll hit up nafe who I believe is working on a full wiki and see if this is something he could work on
The following user(s) said Thank You: maddox

[SSRP SUGGESTION] Display item prices 3 years 2 months ago #1304607

EviIstewie wrote:

There should just be a last sold in someones shop price database or something
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 3 5 0
  • Thanks received: 104

[SSRP SUGGESTION] Display item prices 3 years 2 months ago #1304611

EviIstewie wrote:

Well maybe add a marketplace system to the server and with the marketplace the average price at which items were bought for would be calculated by a system and then that would display the average price of an item.
Example:
SOLD
Gluon Gun
Price: 250,000,000

SOLD
Gluon Gun
Price: 275,000,000

SOLD
Gluon Gun
Price: 320,000,000

*This is what should be displayed as the item's price or the average price it's sold for*
This Item's Average Price is approximately:

$281,666,666
Keep in mind that the prices calculated would only be within a specific period of time (Maybe 3 days) as calculating the entire marketplaces' history would mess up the price completely
  • HoodDroid
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • silly fella
  • Thanks received: 374
⍟ Former Retard of The Century Award Holder (The award is currently held by Sinz)⍟

Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by HoodDroid.

[SSRP SUGGESTION] Display item prices 3 years 2 months ago #1304614

Given that ZARP has a dynamic economy which is controlled by the players, it isn't really possible to effectively implement something like this - the prices of items can change constantly without any input from us at all - it's more reliable for people to ask in OOC or adverts as they tend to do currently for price checks and other players to reply
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4302
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
The following user(s) said Thank You: OnionRings, narexa

[SSRP SUGGESTION] Display item prices 3 years 2 months ago #1304616

TheXnator wrote:
Given that ZARP has a dynamic economy which is controlled by the players, it isn't really possible to effectively implement something like this - the prices of items can change constantly without any input from us at all - it's more reliable for people to ask in OOC or adverts as they tend to do currently for price checks and other players to reply

My suggestion could possibly eliminate the need to ask other players the price of an item and would eliminate the need to use shops to sell item(s)
  • HoodDroid
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • silly fella
  • Thanks received: 374
⍟ Former Retard of The Century Award Holder (The award is currently held by Sinz)⍟

[SSRP SUGGESTION] Display item prices 3 years 2 months ago #1304950

BUMP
  • maddox
  • Gold Boarder
  • Ian foot

[SSRP SUGGESTION] Display item prices 3 years 2 months ago #1304951

sounds like a good suggestion :support:
  • jam
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • o/
  • Thanks received: 1409
ex CM

[SSRP SUGGESTION] Display item prices 3 years 2 months ago #1304952

With all due respect this suggestion doesn't make much sense, the prices are constantly fluctuating and would remove any aspect of flipping items for profit.

:minussp:
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female

[SSRP SUGGESTION] Display item prices 3 years 2 months ago #1304956

Hooddroidbis correct the best way to resolve this would be a market. There was another suggestion already for something similar I'll bump it later if I can find it and remember
  • 0ctocat
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Flavour Text
  • Thanks received: 96

[SSRP SUGGESTION] Display item prices 3 years 2 months ago #1304957

ik im unbanned wrote:
players would just constantly sell their items with friends back and forth for extremely low/high prices
this is partly why I suggested this to be done manually and a range instead of being an exact average, maybe if I was suggesting it a market that has a buy/sell order system would be the best way forward, that way if someone sells it for particularly cheap it will be instantly sold for the buy order price and won’t hugely affect the average
  • maddox
  • Gold Boarder
  • Ian foot

[SSRP SUGGESTION] Display item prices 3 years 2 months ago #1305066

HoodDroid wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

My suggestion could possibly eliminate the need to ask other players the price of an item and would eliminate the need to use shops to sell item(s)

One of the things that makes ZARP different to a lot of other communities is our dynamic, player-driven economy, which does rely on people using shops and selling to one another, so this isn’t a change that we’re looking to make at the current time.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4302
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
Moderators: Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds

153 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1