[SSRP] +Accessibility +Power to shield and regen 3 years 3 months ago #1304588

SSRP Balance change paradigm shift thread 1/4

Server Name:
SSRP
Suggestion Title:
Increase accessibility and power level of shield and regen suits
How would it benefit the server:
R1
I believe one of the main things that keeps veteran players playing Zarp is the fact that the time investment rewards you with items that you become emotionally attached to due to the time or money you put into it, it's usefulness and because it is fun to use.
One way to hook players early could be giving them an obtainable goal of getting and using one of these suits(more on how newer players get a multi million dollar item soon)
R2
The server meta has evolved to the point that if you aren't using mini2/gluon/suits you have very little chance. I think by giving newer and veteran players an easy foot into the door of being a bit more competitive you will see more players participate in most things.
R3
From my perspective it usually isn't worth using such high value items that represent a fraction of my total wealth most of the time when I gain little to nothing by risking them. (Outside of the fun of course).
R4
Balance changes like this would still allow the stronger suits to have an advantage ideally maintaining their value but allow a (low in comparison) cost way for players to obtain a way to still fight.

Change on my way to obtain:
(Couple of ideas here)
  • Add to golden bp pool (at common rarity) or bp pool (at rarity of nuke)
  • Heavily lower the crafting cost to make it profitable for the afk farmers (neilson) to make multiple per night
  • NPC vendor that appears for 1 day ever other week and sells shield or regen maybe only x amount of them ever hour
  • Add to rares case
  • Add as easier reward on ZC
Buff suggested:
Change shield suit to first consume the armor entirely before taking damage and auto regen armor when out of combat for 3 sec nerf total shield down to 500 (maybe less)
Change regen suit to have a higher health amount (500 ish) and have the regen ability regen for self at rate that nullifies assault rifles unless you are being headshot

Potential Issues/Exploits:
Overbalance on suit power would void the use of more expensive suits
Upon earning or getting one of these items players may see no need to use them as mentioned before it would represent a large fraction of their wealth

Additional notes:
This buff is more of a general idea I am not to experienced on balancing numbers for zarp nor do I have the ability to test these changes

I'd really like to promote discussion on things that would retain players and a balance change in the same vain of this.
But I understand where I am posting to so have a nice day.
  • 0ctocat
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Flavour Text
  • Thanks received: 97
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by 0ctocat. Reason: Nerfed suggested stats should be weaker compared to other suits still
Login or register to post a reply.

[SSRP] +Accessibility +Power to shield and regen 3 years 3 months ago #1304601

Your suggestions just get worse and worse, maybe some of these suggestions are worth looking at but the rest are just bad
:neutralsp:
  • HoodDroid
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • silly fella
  • Thanks received: 374
⍟ Former Retard of The Century Award Holder (The award is currently held by Sinz)⍟

[SSRP] +Accessibility +Power to shield and regen 1 year 9 months ago #1387824

bump
  • 0ctocat
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Flavour Text
  • Thanks received: 97
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds

219 PLAYERS ONLINE