Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [Prop Hunt] Map Suggestion

[Prop Hunt] Map Suggestion 3 years 3 months ago #1304089

Server Name: Prop Hunt

Suggestion Title: New Map - ph_resortmadness - steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1389282477

How would it benefit the server: A large new map for the server, the map is a very good and bright map with hundreds if not thousands of props.

Developer's description:

The summer is coming. Why just not visit the Loft Tower Resort?

This map was made specially for the prophunt gamemode but is intended for larger servers with more than 20 players on at one time. That is why this map bigger than any other standard prophunt map.

Also, to achieve game balance on this map the props can hide in foliage, but the hunters can use health kits which are hidden around the map.

More, the map has two scripted secrets, which may make the gameplay a little bit... unpredictable.

Installation:

To run this map you don't need to connect any other source games such as (CSS, HL2EP, etc). You only need garry's mod.
BUT you will need to subscribe to the next few addons to avoid the problems with missing content.

All Content Packs in a one collection: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1389559723

I know that this map is huge and may cause some lag for users with a small amount of memory, to avoid that problem, I recommend you type in console this command: gmod_mcore_test 1
Please know that this does not always help in all cases. If you really don't have more than 4gb of RAM free that isn't used by any other side programs when you are playing, this map is probably not for you. Sorry

What to do if you still have lags?

● You can disable all addons (except addon with a map and content) in your sub-list and then restart the game and check the map (this is NOT uninstalling your addons, only temporarily disabling them).
Sometimes a large number of addons can be the cause of lag on any huge detailed map. Especially if some of the addons can change global graphic parameters in game such as weather mods, etc.

● You can try changing the graphic parameters in your g-mod. Especially the options for water reflection. The map has a huge swimming pool, and reflection on the water surface is the main reason for lag in the swimming pool area.

● You can type in the console next command: mat_specular 0 - which will disable all cubemap reflections in a map.

● You can type in the console next command: r_waterdrawrefraction 0 and
r_waterdrawreflection 0 - which will disable all water reflections.

● Make sure that you didn't have any other side processes on your PC which can use a lot of RAM or GPU memory, when you’re playing g-mod.

● You can uninstall the standard content, and install alternative collection with a downgrade patch. This includes the water-texture without any reflections, and some other textures of foliage without animations, normal-maps, speculars and other graphic effects. steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1392379811

This map was tested on PC with GTX 1060 6gb gdr5, 8gb RAM, core i7-4770K
and it gets:
50-60-120 fps - inside the building
40-50-60 fps - outside in the pool area

Few words from the author:

Well, it took a lot of very long work. I didn't expect that the development process of this map would take so much time..... A LOT of my time.

I started to work on the map somewhere in the winter of 2017, and in the first conception of my plan, I was hoping to release the map before New Years at the beginning of the holidays. Heh. Now it's already summer and you can well understand what happened to my "plan".

Due my IRL work I didn't have much free time which I can spend on development of the map, so that's why this process was soooooooooooooo long. But anyway, now it's done, and it seems I reached the finish line, and am ready to publish the map, here, in the workshop.

Please do NOT edit and/or re-upload this map here or somewhere else, this map is still not complete and I have some plans for the near future to make updates for the map. I will probably do a smaller version that meant for a server/servers with 5-10 players, where more than half of the original locations will be cut.

Also I want to say that the visual style of this map brings me nostalgia to the days when G-mod Tower was still available in the Workshop. I miss those days.

Source list:

● Models & textures from GMod Tower (by PixelTail Games) – www.pixeltailgames.com/
● Cinema_Theatron (by Mr. Sunabouzu) – steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=119060917
● some textures from Gm_resort (by datDingo) – steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=135481707
● Freeman's "Model a Day" Pack (by The One Free-Man) – steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=105517405
● ME3 Anderson's Apartment [V1] (by MARK2580) – steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=420094311
● GTA V models for Source Engine (by MARK2580)
● SCP Containment Breach Prop Pack (byVinrax) – steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=268641868
● Return (mod for hl2 by ultradr3mer) – www.moddb.com/mods/return
● Reflecting tile glass textures (by mmatses) – gamebanana.com/textures/3205
● Realworld Textures Version 2 (by TopHATTwaffle) - www.tophattwaffle.com/
● Foliage models from COD infinite (by Faithfullfaun) - steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1110334734
● Summer beach models from COD (by Faithfullfaun) - steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=964050630
● The base prefab of Black Smoke before modification was used from map de_lost2 ( gamebanana.com/maps/20724 )
● Some of the sounds from Jazzpunk game

I know that the source list is not full, and during the work with a map I fu... lost this list once or twice. So if you are the author and I used any content from your addon and forgot to write your name on this list, please contact me. I will try fix this small problem.

Models from l4d2, hl2ep2 and cs:go were also used on this map, but you don’t need these games for it to work stably. The necessary models have been added to the archive with the extra addon’s.

Potential Issues/Exploits: The size of the map is monumental, and it may be difficult and laggy for people.

Additional notes: seriously, this map is a gem imo
  • Poltergeist
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • loud ghost
  • Thanks received: 497
Prop Hunt Super Administrator

Ex-Prop Hunt Administrator
Ex-TTT Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Moderator
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Poltergeist.
The topic has been locked.

[Prop Hunt] Map Suggestion 3 years 3 months ago #1304090

I've looked into this map before with OnionRings. It's way too big for the server, the file size is massive and the performance is considerably worse compared to other maps which would deter players. It's an awesome map but I highly doubt that it would fit into our existing map pool, especially considering the fact that we've already got people complaining about some existing maps (like ph_youturd) being to big.
  • Martin
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Square Pizza is the BEST!
  • Thanks received: 1877

[Prop Hunt] Map Suggestion 3 years 3 months ago #1304095

Martin wrote:
I've looked into this map before with OnionRings. It's way too big for the server, the file size is massive and the performance is considerably worse compared to other maps which would deter players. It's an awesome map but I highly doubt that it would fit into our existing map pool, especially considering the fact that we've already got people complaining about some existing maps (like ph_youturd) being to big.
alright i see. yeah i 100% that its an awesome map but yeah its also too big
  • Poltergeist
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • loud ghost
  • Thanks received: 497
Prop Hunt Super Administrator

Ex-Prop Hunt Administrator
Ex-TTT Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Moderator

[Prop Hunt] Map Suggestion 3 years 3 months ago #1304102