Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Suggestion (Flood V2)

Suggestion (Flood V2) 3 years 3 months ago #1303375

Server Name: Flood

Suggestion Title: Flood

How would it benefit the server: More players and more chance of branching out to new players.

Potential Issues/Exploits: Errors with flood & Potentially no players.

However I'm up for giving it a chance as I know if it's done correctly then everyone will enjoy it.

This is a updated thread due to giving it to the CM Team.

Additional notes:

Map
So I have an amazing map idea that I'd love to see and maybe MixerZ or I could find out how to build it and bring it to action.

So I'd like to have a big Lobby area as well as maybe 10 20x50 rooms so that players could build in secret while having like the door locked as soon as a team/player enters the room.

Then of course we need to have water all around the outside of the map so players could test there boats to see if it floats or not maybe like 2x10 in every room and like around the outside of the rocky area. However di not worry I'll upload a drawing once this gets accepted.

If I need to pay for a map developer then so be it I really don't mind.

Weapons.
So I dont want this to be completely Over kill with weapons, I want it fun and I want it to be really feel like an accomplished when you buy a weapons. So maybe like press F4 for the weapon shop and maybe we could have such things as follows:

RPG: 6 Rounds, Damage (20 + Burning so like 1HP every 2 seconds)

Crossbow: 12 Bolts, Damage 100.

Milkour: 6 Bullets, Damage 10.

SMG: Maybe like a MP5 or what not, Damage 1 bullets 100

Pistol: Damage 1 and 200 bullets. (,Slow fire rate)

(If you have more weapon suggestions then please do post below)

Props
So like I said above, I don't want this overkill and I want enough props so players fan have fun and be like wow they're so many good choices.

Vending Machine, Wooden Logs, Benches, Dumpsters.

Money.
So all players will start off with £5,000 and for every damage that they do to another boat for talk sake. Shooting a RPG at a boat then they'll be given £100. As well as maybe £2,500 for winning each round along with 20 points.

So we will have the same Pointshop System that all the other point shop servers have and if you win the round you'll be given 20 points (Double for VIP)

VIP
So welcome to the juicy part, Right now I feel like VIP is mainly beneficial for SSRP Only. However on this Flood server I want it to be fair and fun for everyone and not P2W. So VIP will be able to NO-CLIP during Build Phase. However before you pesky comment that then people will just spy on boats you're forgetting that they're a invisible wall stopping you from spying.

Advance Duplicator
So as a normal player, You'll he given 5 advanced duplication slots that stay in the server permanent and VIP get a massive 15!!

Teams
So teams will be a maximum of 3 people per team, Who can stand and share the same boat. However the prop limit will still he the same as a normal player.

Prop Limit
So for normal players, the prop limit will be 15 and for VIP the prop limit will be 20.
VIP will also be given the tool Smart Weld while normal players will only have weld.

VIP players will also be given the option to material and colour there boats while normal players can't.

All the tools in the server will be as follow:

Weld,
Smart Weld (VIP)
Keep Upright (VIP)
Colour (,VIP)
Material (VIP)
Advanced Duplication,

Rules:
I'll work on the rules with the help of the CM team if this gets the go ahead to the next stage.

Please, once again read this whole suggestion and give me suggestions in stuff that you can think off as well as anything else you might like to see.

Let's bring flood to ZARP in 2020
  • Jordz
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • More Scottish than Aidan himself
  • Thanks received: 2237
Login or register to post a reply.

Suggestion (Flood V2) 3 years 3 months ago #1303390

My perspective is that its a great and fun gamemode but unfortunately if you check in the server browser in gmod you will see that there is now barely any servers and only a few players online these days. We could however put it onto a popup server to give people a chance to play and see what they think
  • Chuteuk
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner
  • Thanks received: 5057
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe, Nate, TheXnator

Suggestion (Flood V2) 3 years 3 months ago #1303391

Chuteuk wrote:
My perspective is that its a great and fun gamemode but unfortunately if you check in the server browser in gmod you will see that there is now barely any servers and only a few players online these days. We could however put it onto a popup server to give people a chance to play and see what they think

We don't need mini-games we need mega-games :lol:
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 11869
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chuteuk

Suggestion (Flood V2) 3 years 3 months ago #1303402

I can add alot more ideas to this but here's a critique based on personal experience:

No adv duplicator at all or remove it from base players.
Building round is a core part of flood even though it can be repetitive I think the frantic time limit to whip up something is a core part of game play

Keep upright is for all players or not added at all:
Keep upright is extremely powerful as it can make 1 prop boats and also changes the entire building meta as by hitting a floating prop on an uneven boat will remove the players vs on a keep uprighted boat it will just sink it a bit

Smart weld
color/material
Edit: 2x cash on win would be fair too
Noclip are great vip bonuses as Is

If this server is ever accepted into development please hmu I have alot of input on how we can bring a fresh variant and would love to help
  • 0ctocat
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Flavour Text
  • Thanks received: 96
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by 0ctocat.

Suggestion (Flood V2) 3 years 3 months ago #1303420

0ctocat wrote:
I can add alot more ideas to this but here's a critique based on personal experience:

No adv duplicator at all or remove it from base players.
Building round is a core part of flood even though it can be repetitive I think the frantic time limit to whip up something is a core part of game play

Keep upright is for all players or not added at all:
Keep upright is extremely powerful as it can make 1 prop boats and also changes the entire building meta as by hitting a floating prop on an uneven boat will remove the players vs on a keep uprighted boat it will just sink it a bit

Smart weld
color/material
Edit: 2x cash on win would be fair too
Noclip are great vip bonuses as Is

If this server is ever accepted into development please hmu I have alot of input on how we can bring a fresh variant and would love to help

These suggestions are amazing buddy so first of all thanks for taking your time on replying back to my thread and coming up with ideas. Im afraid my vision for Advanced Duplicator is staying as I could only imagine the pain and suffering if spending 120 seconds building a boat and then BOOM it's all gone. That's why I suggested this so players could keep adding to there boats every round until they have what they desire.

Other than that suggestion your other ones are amazing, Ilk have a chat with Chute about actually making this happen as we do still have FP Surf so technically all we need to do is update to flood 2.0 & add new add-ons as well as a map.
  • Jordz
  • Marvelous Boarder

Suggestion (Flood V2) 3 years 3 months ago #1303633

longer list of Ideas:
  • Weapon pool drawing from already made SSRP and TTT weapons
  • A rotating weekly and rotating montly prop group
  • A free shitty prop group
  • Map with walls in the boating stage providing cover from angles and encouraging you to drive your boat
  • Purchaseable (single use) Entity boats, would not allow you to create a boat if your team uses this
  • Entities you can attach to your boat: examples: Mines, a motor, a sail, a cannon, a grappling hook, a boat mele, a player cannon, a steering wheel
  • Minigames that trigger when the lobby is < 4 players instead of normal flood. Players would build boats as normal but instead play a break the target game time sensitive game for cash. Another could be a PVE game where its all players vs NPC boats
  • NPC boats to fill the gap if under 10 players, round would auto end if all players die
  • A player hurting weapon (damascus sword pref for sword battles)
  • Map with islands that hurt to step on (hurt less then the water) but encourage you to grab an item from them on foot
  • Round modifiers: (all props free, all weapons deal 2x or .5x damage, pistol only, PVE round)
  • Ramming your boat into another players should provide you with a breif period (10 second) period where you can step on their boat and do pirate shit before getting injured by it
  • Dead players spawn as seagulls to spectate and can poop (maybe dealing 1 damage to a prop, max 10 poops)
  • Players can only equip X amount of weapons at a time reducing the advantage players with 20x weps unlocked vs players with 3x. Maybe only 1 of each slot.
  • Booster packs give FLOOD Cash
  • A weak ranged player pushing weapon (air cannon) would do no damage but push players 2x range of an SSRP stunstuck push
  • Dead players spawn as seagulls to spectate and can poop
  • Skill (tree?) for boat speed, and other minor things, shouldnt give players a direct advantage
  • Prestiege system after you spend X amount on weapons, would provide cosmetic bonuses and make you collect cash X faster or slower and clear your progression.

W I L D C A R D - - I D E A
a spacebuild variant instead that launches you into space with your hastily made spaceship and you shoot down other shoddy ships with your own
  • 0ctocat
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Flavour Text
  • Thanks received: 96
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by 0ctocat. Reason: grammer

Suggestion (Flood V2) 3 years 3 months ago #1303646

Octo,

I love your suggestions man they are honestly amazing. I picture something fun and unique that will draw players in as like chute said current the game mode is dead however hope it not lost.
  • Jordz
  • Marvelous Boarder
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds

206 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun