Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP Suggestion] Add rules for Suit RDM's

[SSRP Suggestion] Add rules for Suit RDM's 3 years 4 months ago #1297572

Server Name: SSRP

Suggestion Title: Add rules for Suit RDM's

How would it benefit the server: It would help staff know a time to ban for suit rdms, especially since there isnt a specific ban time for suit rdms

Potential Issues/Exploits: n/a

Additional notes: asap has a specific ban time for suit rdms, this would be a good system here aswell
  • CEO of Business
  • Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP
  • auzwald
  • Thanks received: 2310
Login or register to post a reply.

[SSRP Suggestion] Add rules for Suit RDM's 3 years 4 months ago #1297574

ASAP?
  • bassboosted oven
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP
  • i cant fix it
  • Thanks received: 295

[SSRP Suggestion] Add rules for Suit RDM's 3 years 4 months ago #1297575

prick wrote:
ASAP?
ew go away asap player jk

It should work so if they refund it will be a verbal/warn.
If they dont refund it will be a ban/warning depending on rarity of suit.
  • Skript
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 263

[SSRP Suggestion] Add rules for Suit RDM's 3 years 4 months ago #1297577

We discussed this recently in the Lead Team meeting, and do not feel any new rules should be added. As stated in the staff ethos, it is NOT there to protect blatantly abusive users. Users who decide to blatantly RDM suits and other expensive items (ie. equipping a grim reaper next to someone to instantly rip a suit they have equipped) are not protected by the ethos.

The way I personally handle such situations is that if the user is willing to refund (in cases where it is obviously just malicious intent, like the one mentioned above, not cases where it could be accidental RDM) what they RDMed or equivalent value, then I let them off or just give a warning, otherwise I place a ban of a few days on the user.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022

[SSRP Suggestion] Add rules for Suit RDM's 3 years 4 months ago #1297587

TheXnator wrote:
We discussed this recently in the Lead Team meeting, and do not feel any new rules should be added. As stated in the staff ethos, it is NOT there to protect blatantly abusive users. Users who decide to blatantly RDM suits and other expensive items (ie. equipping a grim reaper next to someone to instantly rip a suit they have equipped) are not protected by the ethos.

The way I personally handle such situations is that if the user is willing to refund (in cases where it is obviously just malicious intent, like the one mentioned above, not cases where it could be accidental RDM) what they RDMed or equivalent value, then I let them off or just give a warning, otherwise I place a ban of a few days on the user.
So its just up to the staff member that either handles the f1 or forum report?
  • CEO of Business
  • Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP
  • auzwald

[SSRP Suggestion] Add rules for Suit RDM's 3 years 4 months ago #1297589

TheXnator wrote:

How can you pick and choose what is or isn't protected by the ethos? what is the point of them then
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R
  • Thanks received: 1063

[SSRP Suggestion] Add rules for Suit RDM's 3 years 4 months ago #1297590

ngl intentionally rdming suits shows a clear disregard for the rules which probably means the punishment should be higher :? :? :?
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489

[SSRP Suggestion] Add rules for Suit RDM's 3 years 4 months ago #1297595

idk im banned wrote:
CEO of Business wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

Yes which i cannot claim but can only ASSUME that MAYBE in some CASES the staff member would punish a user they don't like very harshly with the excuse "they rdmed a suit"
@Xnator, this is the issue I foresee
  • CEO of Business
  • Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP
  • auzwald

[SSRP Suggestion] Add rules for Suit RDM's 3 years 4 months ago #1297599

idk im banned wrote:
CEO of Business wrote:
idk im banned wrote:
CEO of Business wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

Yes which i cannot claim but can only ASSUME that MAYBE in some CASES the staff member would punish a user they don't like very harshly with the excuse "they rdmed a suit"
@Xnator, this is the issue I foresee
I'd like to repeat and make it clear I was talking about a potential hypothetical situation :D
Same here
  • CEO of Business
  • Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP
  • auzwald
The following user(s) said Thank You: Killa Kappa

[SSRP Suggestion] Add rules for Suit RDM's 3 years 4 months ago #1297649

CEO of Business wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

This is the case with every single situation, yes...
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joshua, Nafe

[SSRP Suggestion] Add rules for Suit RDM's 3 years 4 months ago #1297650

Refunds should be a thing with full evidence for these types of situations, imagine all that work you put in for it to get ruined by a one hit suit for example?
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536

[SSRP Suggestion] Add rules for Suit RDM's 3 years 4 months ago #1297652

To be honest, RDM is still rdm no matter the situation so they’re no need for this buddy however amazing suggestion.
  • Jordz
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • More Scottish than Aidan himself
  • Thanks received: 2237
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds

277 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun