Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT Suggestion] Better report menu

[TTT Suggestion] Better report menu 3 years 6 months ago #1280295

Server Name: TTT

Suggestion Title: Integrate the better report menu into the server

How would it benefit the server: Less false reports and the ability to class your report as a certain catergory.

Potential Issues/Exploits: May be a tiny bit more confusing for the new players but I highly doubt that anyone who could understand the old menu wouldn't understand the new one.

Additional notes: You can see the menu in the attached file. Would benefit both the players and the staff as there would be less false reports.

Attachments:
  • PZGrens
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • You the shit to me
  • Thanks received: 548
Steam Profile
Ex TTT admin x2
Ex Minecraft Admin
Ex Surf Moderator
Ex Deathrun Admin
Ex SSRP Moderator x2
Ex Community Council member
The topic has been locked.

[TTT Suggestion] Better report menu 3 years 6 months ago #1280296

:support:
I kinda agree the report system needs to be changed
  • Anonymized359739
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 390
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Anonymized359739.

[TTT Suggestion] Better report menu 3 years 6 months ago #1280303

I haven't seen that 'X player had/hadn't DNA on you this round' I would like to have that; as it would allow me to understand why the player didn't ask me why i might have kill someone, if i knew i have not been IDing my kills.

:plussp:

I would also like that the report text supported LF (character : \n, Unicode : U+000A, ASCII : 10, hex : 0x0a)
it's the 'newline' when you press enter or shift + enter
makes a more visually pleasing, bullet-point type report:

report with 'newline' support:
why you kill me?
I was just standing still
dumb-dumb rdmer

reports now:
why you kill me?I was just standing stilldumb-dumb rdmer
  • Kanna.
  • Community Developer
  • Thanks received: 300

Community Developer
Deathrun Server Owner
Prop Hunt Server Owner

EX-TTT Admin(?)
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Kanna..

[TTT Suggestion] Better report menu 3 years 6 months ago #1280311

• Pengu_
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 101
✮ Best Ex TTT Admin ✮
✮ Best Teamspeak/Discord Admin ✮
✮ Pengu_#6969 ✮

[TTT Suggestion] Better report menu 3 years 6 months ago #1280312

Definitely a nice addition:plussp:
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3308

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

[TTT Suggestion] Better report menu 3 years 6 months ago #1280428

Sounds good to me
  • Ubarberet
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 209
TTT Administrator

[TTT Suggestion] Better report menu 3 years 6 months ago #1280442

• Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
  • Thanks received: 2237
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator

[TTT Suggestion] Better report menu 3 years 6 months ago #1280495

:pog:
  • SwiiFTz
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 955
Ex Minecraft Server Owner
Ex TTT Super Administrator
Ex SSRP Administrator x2
Ex Deathrun Moderator
Ex Murder Moderator

[TTT Suggestion] Better report menu 3 years 6 months ago #1280498

so if you are saying add the DNA thing where it says if the person killed you or not it automatically locks on to who ever kills you unless they leave and if you mean add if the person who killed you had got DNA from lets say an unided body you can just check the logs for that we should work on bigger things than this
  • jam
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • o/
  • Thanks received: 1409
ex CM

[TTT Suggestion] Better report menu 3 years 6 months ago #1280506

jam wrote:
so if you are saying add the DNA thing where it says if the person killed you or not it automatically locks on to who ever kills you unless they leave and if you mean add if the person who killed you had got DNA from lets say an unided body you can just check the logs for that we should work on bigger things than this

The average rookie will experience rdm but won't know how to check the logs. Bigger things can and should be done but 1) they never are on TTT and 2) QOL improvements like this shouldn't be ignored
  • PZGrens
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • You the shit to me
Steam Profile
Ex TTT admin x2
Ex Minecraft Admin
Ex Surf Moderator
Ex Deathrun Admin
Ex SSRP Moderator x2

[TTT Suggestion] Better report menu 3 years 6 months ago #1280509

Lets see if it gets introduced even it gets accepted... Thats if they get to vote on it at all
  • Harry RDM Squatta
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex TTT Superadmin | Ex Deathrun Admin
  • Thanks received: 294
Ex TTT Super Admin
Ex Deathrun Admin

[TTT Suggestion] Better report menu 3 years 6 months ago #1280516

PZGrens wrote:
jam wrote:

The average rookie will experience rdm but won't know how to check the logs. Bigger things can and should be done but 1) they never are on TTT and 2) QOL improvements like this shouldn't be ignored
so you are saying you want the second one added? and unless they are completely new to GMOD as a whole they will know how to check logs and if they dont its still not a massive deal a staff member will help them
  • jam
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • o/
ex CM

[TTT Suggestion] Better report menu 3 years 6 months ago #1280530

jam wrote:
PZGrens wrote:
jam wrote:

so you are saying you want the second one added? and unless they are completely new to GMOD as a whole they will know how to check logs and if they dont its still not a massive deal a staff member will help them
Your argument is that a little quality of life update to the report system is too little for people to bother with? It would probably take 5 mins to add as it is already on other servers and is just an update to an existing system. Addressing your point that efforts should be saved for bigger things, I don't think the server has been updated since I have started playing so what bigger updates are we waiting for exactly?

After all it's irrelevant as you disagree with every single thing I post on the forums so I will take your opinion with a pinch of salt (:
  • PZGrens
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • You the shit to me
Steam Profile
Ex TTT admin x2
Ex Minecraft Admin
Ex Surf Moderator
Ex Deathrun Admin
Ex SSRP Moderator x2

[TTT Suggestion] Better report menu 3 years 6 months ago #1280540

PZGrens wrote:
jam wrote:
PZGrens wrote:
jam wrote:

Your argument is that a little quality of life update to the report system is too little for people to bother with? It would probably take 5 mins to add as it is already on other servers and is just an update to an existing system. Addressing your point that efforts should be saved for bigger things, I don't think the server has been updated since I have started playing so what bigger updates are we waiting for exactly?

After all it's irrelevant as you disagree with every single thing I post on the forums so I will take your opinion with a pinch of salt (:
so just cuz i disagree with you my opinion in irrelevant? :?
  • jam
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • o/
ex CM

[TTT Suggestion] Better report menu 3 years 6 months ago #1280542

jam wrote:
PZGrens wrote:
jam wrote:
PZGrens wrote:
jam wrote:

so just cuz i disagree with you my opinion in irrelevant? :?

jam and he calls me immature? loooool
  • Harry RDM Squatta
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Ex TTT Super Admin
Ex Deathrun Admin

Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Harry RDM Squatta.

[TTT Suggestion] Better report menu 3 years 6 months ago #1280543

PZGrens wrote:
jam wrote:
PZGrens wrote:
jam wrote:

Your not taking his opinion with a pinch of salt if your arguing with him are you????? wat your saying makes no sense
  • Harry RDM Squatta
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Ex TTT Super Admin
Ex Deathrun Admin

[TTT Suggestion] Better report menu 3 years 6 months ago #1280676

Harry RDM Squatta wrote:
PZGrens wrote:
jam wrote:
PZGrens wrote:
jam wrote:

Your not taking his opinion with a pinch of salt if your arguing with him are you????? wat your saying makes no sense
I guess I will be doing the same with yours then
  • PZGrens
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • You the shit to me
Steam Profile
Ex TTT admin x2
Ex Minecraft Admin
Ex Surf Moderator
Ex Deathrun Admin
Ex SSRP Moderator x2