Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [Prop Hunt] Suggestion

[Prop Hunt] Suggestion 3 years 9 months ago #1263676

Server Name: ZARPGAMING.COM - Prop Hunt 10000+ Taunts

Suggestion Title: forcetaunt command

How would it benefit the server: when people are delaying the round and by not taunting (essentially making it difficult for hunters; thus wasting time) it is very annoying to have to search the whole map in places, or just to wait around till the end of the round. a command to be made called “forcetaunt” which forces a taunt to be played at a props’ location.

what i am thinking of the taunt to do, is it plays a selected taunt (preferably a taunt shorter than 5 seconds) to give the hunter a little clue where the (remaining) prop is. e.g.: !forcetaunt biosenic.
after typing in the command, the taunt menu will appear, and the players name in the top-right corner. then you can search a web taunt, or use a default taunt and play it.

Potential Issues/Exploits: staff might troll each other or people, and do extremely long taunts such as bananaphone, psychodad, zarpevent etc.

Additional notes: this isn’t 100% necessary as some people might not want to taunt, but this is just a suggestion.
  • Poltergeist
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • loud ghost
  • Thanks received: 497
Prop Hunt Super Administrator

Ex-Prop Hunt Administrator
Ex-TTT Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Moderator
Login or register to post a reply.

[Prop Hunt] Suggestion 3 years 9 months ago #1263685

shouldn't be a command but maybe a feature that forces everyone to taunt every minute or smth like that
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3308

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

[Prop Hunt] Suggestion 3 years 9 months ago #1263687

not gonna happen
  • Chespin
  • Legendary Member
  • stay outta tha fiyah
  • Thanks received: 1336
Ex-TTT Super Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Super Administrator x2
Ex-Team Fortress 2 Super Administrator
Ex-TTT Administrator x3
Ex-Community Council Member
Ex-Server Applications Forum Mod

[Prop Hunt] Suggestion 3 years 9 months ago #1263688

Like Nick said, if this is going to be added it should be just an automatic thing that happens, but even then I don't think this should happen as quite a few maps favour the hunters massively. So it would make it rather unfair, taunting should stay optional imo. Good luck nonetheless!
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4844
Yes I'm female

[Prop Hunt] Suggestion 3 years 9 months ago #1263689

Nick0GR wrote:
shouldn't be a command but maybe a feature that forces everyone to taunt every minute or smth like that

no, an auto taunt wouldn’t be that great because considering there are 10000+ taunts, there definitely would be multiple occasions wher it plays long taunts, or just plays taunts at the wrong moment, but yeah a lot of people say that :D
  • Poltergeist
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • loud ghost

Ex-TTT Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Moderator

[Prop Hunt] Suggestion 3 years 9 months ago #1263690

I don't think this is a good idea, taunting isn't required. The gamemode is to find the prop and when playing you have more than enough time to find them. Taunting basically makes it obvious where you are so if you force them to taunt it would ruin their experience imo. :minussp:
  • Exothermic362
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ya boi
  • Thanks received: 278
Exothermic362#0104
Steam!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Poltergeist

[Prop Hunt] Suggestion 3 years 9 months ago #1263691

Chespin wrote:
not gonna happen

tbh, probably won’t but it’s worth a suggestion at least
  • Poltergeist
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • loud ghost

Ex-TTT Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Moderator

[Prop Hunt] Suggestion 3 years 9 months ago #1263692

biosenic wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:

no, an auto taunt wouldn’t be that great because considering there are 10000+ taunts, there definitely would be multiple occasions wher it plays long taunts, or just plays taunts at the wrong moment, but yeah a lot of people say that :D

That is very easily fixed to having a smaller list for the auto taunt and maybe even depending on how many props/time left it has differing lengths of taunts
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff

[Prop Hunt] Suggestion 3 years 9 months ago #1263693

You know that the gamemode is either the hunters kill the props or the props survive. So the props aren't delaying, they're just winning and it's just the game. The game isn't supposed to be won only by hunters. Can't blame people for trying to win and taking time because you're dead and it's not fun for you. Adding this would just make it easier for hunters and make it unfair for props. Taunting should stay prop's choice. I understand the idea but it shouldn't be added imo.
  • ImTooFastForYou
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Be #Kyber4PHSO
  • Thanks received: 627

Ex Deathrun Head Administrator
Ex Prop Hunt Super Administrator
Ex Forum Report Abuse Section Moderator
Ex TeamSpeak Staff
Ex Discord Admin
Ex TTT Administrator
My Steam !

[Prop Hunt] Suggestion 3 years 9 months ago #1263695

Exothermic362 wrote:
I don't think this is a good idea, taunting isn't required. The gamemode is to find the prop and when playing you have more than enough time to find them. Taunting basically makes it obvious where you are so if you force them to taunt it would ruin their experience imo. :minussp:

There are a lot of spots where you are literally clipping into other things or even spaces where the hunters can't kill you unless they use grenades as they have no line of sight (especially if that laundry map is still on) and simply because of the number of hunters(most of the times) if you try to play the game in the actually intended way (hiding among props) it's already impossible the majority of the time your best bet is having a small prop and hiding in spots were other props/players wouldn't be able to reach which can often be unfair to the hunters. 95% of the times where I am a prop I'm in such a great spot I can spam emotes and still not be found unless people know where to look (and by a great spot I mean some dark corner behind a ladder or behind some immovable props that the hunters don't have a line of sight).

Having an auto taunt would honestly barely even affect the gameplay much less make it worse.
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff

[Prop Hunt] Suggestion 3 years 9 months ago #1263696

ImTooFastForYou wrote:
You know that the gamemode is either the hunters kill the props or the props survive. So the props aren't delaying, they're just winning and it's just the game. The game isn't supposed to be won only by hunters. Can't blame people for trying to win and taking time because you're dead and it's not fun for you. Adding this would just make it easier for hunters and make it unfair for props. Taunting should stay prop's choice. I understand the idea but it shouldn't be added imo.

Well technically speaking the props are also able to win by the hunters dying as they lose a sliver of hp every time they attack a prop that isn't a player but sadly that amount is so low it is barely noticeable in-game which might be the main problem now that I'm thinking about it
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff

[Prop Hunt] Suggestion 3 years 9 months ago #1263744

imagine actually taunting thats kinda cringe
  • redacted
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Valar Morghulis
  • Thanks received: 441
Ex Murder Admin
Ex Deathrun Admin x3
Ex Prophunt Admin
Ex TTT Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: God dammit Ross

[Prop Hunt] Suggestion 3 years 9 months ago #1263746

You lost the round so deal with it and wait for the next one, other props shouldn’t have to suffer for being the smarter player
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9548
The following user(s) said Thank You: Studio Banter, ImTooFastForYou

[Prop Hunt] Suggestion 3 years 9 months ago #1263753

Adding this type of feature will only bring its negatives. The whole point of prop hunt is for hunters to find and kill props to win the round, and for props to hide to win the round. If people choose not to taunt, then they want to win the round. Currently, on the server, a lot of maps are sided with the hunters and it is hard to win as a prop. This feature will only make it less of a good experience on the server, as lots of people don't know any good spots. Some maps have their good spots and some maps don't have any, so people are already forced to hide in plain sight this is fine, but it is hunter sided. Nonetheless, in my opinion, this feature will only have its negatives and create a more difficult experience for players.
  • BossComic23
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • ••••?••••
  • Thanks received: 802
Steam
---
♛Ex-TTT Super Admin♛ x2
♛Ex-TTT Head Admin♛
♛Ex-Jailbreak Admin♛
♛Ex-SSRP Admin♛
♛Ex-SSRP Moderator♛

[Prop Hunt] Suggestion 3 years 9 months ago #1263755

BossComic23 wrote:
Adding this type of feature will only bring its negatives. The whole point of prop hunt is for hunters to find and kill props to win the round, and for props to hide to win the round. If people choose not to taunt, then they want to win the round. Currently, on the server, a lot of maps are sided with the hunters and it is hard to win as a prop. This feature will only make it less of a good experience on the server, as lots of people don't know any good spots. Some maps have their good spots and some maps don't have any, so people are already forced to hide in plain sight this is fine, but it is hunter sided. Nonetheless, in my opinion, this feature will only have its negatives and create a more difficult experience for players.

what you have just said is true. not only maps such as kakariko and office(2016), the difficulties for the props will be quite high. like i said, this is a command, and could only be used by a staff member. but what this suggestion is about and i haven’t said it yet, is that people complain in chat saying that they should taunt, it’s boring with no taunts, and even OnionRings has complained about people not taunting.
  • Poltergeist
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • loud ghost

Ex-TTT Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Moderator
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds