Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Flood

Want 6 30%
Don't want 14 70%
Total number of voters: 20 ( Gody, Exothermic362, Jim_Jam, Chespin, Lenny Boy ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • Page:

TOPIC: Flood suggestion

Flood suggestion 4 years 4 months ago #1233652

poogle wrote:
I really want to create it.

One thing for sure is that flood is a very enjoyable game mode even if it isnt the most played everyone can agree that is super fun
If you want to bring this idea further put effort into your suggestion post and convince the community why it should be added because so far I don't see potential
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9579
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shark

Flood suggestion 4 years 4 months ago #1233653

Can you give a brief explanation on what flood is?
  • Hanz
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 238

Flood suggestion 4 years 4 months ago #1233656

poogle wrote:
Jeppe wrote:
Sadly flood is a bit of a dead gamemode right now, If this was to be implemented it would probably die a week or two after release.

Nah this will be as big as prop hunt
This just sounds like "it'll work because I want it to" without showing any intention of what will make it different or what will bring players to a dead gamemode. Prophunt worked quite well as it got in at the right time and the owner had a strong vision on what he was going to do to make it different. Im not saying it couldn't work but without hundreds of hours of work and everything custom I cannot see it happening. If you fleshed out an actual manifesto maybe you could get people on board.
  • Jeppe
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Martyr!
  • Thanks received: 1154
Studio Banter wrote:
Mage you will always be remembered as the first person to write a fuck you list on Zarp and a bonus for not getting it deleted.

Flood suggestion 4 years 4 months ago #1233661

Jeppe wrote:
poogle wrote:
Jeppe wrote:
Sadly flood is a bit of a dead gamemode right now, If this was to be implemented it would probably die a week or two after release.

This just sounds like "it'll work because I want it to" without showing any intention of what will make it different or what will bring players to a dead gamemode. Prophunt worked quite well as it got in at the right time and the owner had a strong vision on what he was going to do to make it different. Im not saying it couldn't work but without hundreds of hours of work and everything custom I cannot see it happening. If you fleshed out an actual manifesto maybe you could get people on board.

Like i said before this is just the first stage but i will be doing another post going into detail
  • Rittsu
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 334

EX - Surf Super Admin
EX - TTT Admin X2
EX - Deathrun Admin
EX - Minecraft Mod

Flood suggestion 4 years 4 months ago #1233664

poogle wrote:
Jeppe wrote:
poogle wrote:
Jeppe wrote:

Like i said before this is just the first stage but i will be doing another post going into detail
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4708

Flood suggestion 4 years 4 months ago #1233665

Hanz wrote:
Can you give a brief explanation on what flood is?

Flood is a game where you can play as a group or solo.
What you do is that you build a raft and shoot other peoples raft.
Last person standing wins
  • Rittsu
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

EX - Surf Super Admin
EX - TTT Admin X2
EX - Deathrun Admin
EX - Minecraft Mod

Flood suggestion 4 years 4 months ago #1233710

poogle wrote:
Jeppe wrote:
poogle wrote:
Jeppe wrote:

i mean from the amount of effort you put into this post and the replies i can see it's just gonna be some copy and paste of what flood is and then like 5 lines of bs and it will never happen
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • CBR500R
  • Thanks received: 1060

Flood suggestion 4 years 4 months ago #1233733

The current servers need to be worked on more rather than the addition of new ones, if the server was to become a thing it wouldn't take long for it to die again like other added ones. Current servers need to be focused on more rather than making some other one that most likely won't go anywhere due to the popularity of the initial game-mode anyway
  • Gody
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1058

Flood suggestion 4 years 4 months ago #1233737

Gody wrote:
The current servers need to be worked on more rather than the addition of new ones, if the server was to become a thing it wouldn't take long for it to die again like other added ones. Current servers need to be focused on more rather than making some other one that most likely won't go anywhere due to the popularity of the initial game-mode anyway
Poogle said he himself would like to make it so no time would be took a way from current developers, read the post
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4708

Flood suggestion 4 years 4 months ago #1233744

Lewis_is_java wrote:
Gody wrote:
Poogle said he himself would like to make it so no time would be took a way from current developers, read the post

but either way I highly doubt it would be lively for a while and the player count would just be low consistently after a while.
  • Gody
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1058

Flood suggestion 4 years 4 months ago #1233747

Gody wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
Gody wrote:

but either way I highly doubt it would be lively for a while and the player count would just be low consistently after a while.

Well no ones time will be taken away except mine. I'm willing to put the effort into making this a great server and i do see the potential of this server
  • Rittsu
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

EX - Surf Super Admin
EX - TTT Admin X2
EX - Deathrun Admin
EX - Minecraft Mod

Flood suggestion 4 years 4 months ago #1234039

Still is kind of a risk because it'll fuck with the reputation if it's a shitter
  • Hanz
  • Senior Boarder

Flood suggestion 4 years 4 months ago #1234041

DANlEL wrote:
Hanz wrote:
Still is kind of a risk because it'll fuck with the reputation if it's a shitter
tf2?
That was a major success, dont talk about that.
  • Hanz
  • Senior Boarder
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

134 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40