Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP Suggestion] Transferring boosters

[SSRP Suggestion] Transferring boosters 3 years 11 months ago #1225871

Server Name: SSRP

Suggestion Title: Being able to transfer boosters

How would it benefit the server: It has been an occurring thing for a while and having the ability to go F4 > Donate > Transfer Unclaimed Booster Packs would make things a lot easier than sometimes having the long wait times across the forums. It could work as to click on the button, choosing the number of unclaimed boosters you want to transfer out of the total unclaimed boosters you have, and then picking a steam ID, which would be given in the middleman trade and checked. Overall this improves the efficiency of transferring booster packs that you have bought but are wanting to sell. Some people will be like "just gift it to the next time" but there are lots of people that have unclaimed booster packs anyway so it wouldn't hurt.

Potential Issues / Exploits: Maybe exploits found with transferring but I'd hope with the dev team that wouldn't occur.
  • Gody
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1058
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Suggestion] Transferring boosters 3 years 11 months ago #1225875

:plussp:
  • Reversed
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 162

[SSRP Suggestion] Transferring boosters 3 years 11 months ago #1225876

if they could get this to work would be very useful :plussp:
  • Macca Lad
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 265

[SSRP Suggestion] Transferring boosters 3 years 11 months ago #1225884

:support: Would be lowkey fire.

[SSRP Suggestion] Transferring boosters 3 years 11 months ago #1226226

bump
  • Gody
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP Suggestion] Transferring boosters 3 years 11 months ago #1226228

When I was CM, I suggested this to Chute but he would rather have the transfers done himself and maybe it's better like that to prevent scamming and such so payments are more secure since this is irl money we're talking about
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9543

[SSRP Suggestion] Transferring boosters 3 years 11 months ago #1226229

Clarky wrote:
When I was CM, I suggested this to Chute but he would rather have the transfers done himself and maybe it's better like that to prevent scamming and such so payments are more secure since this is irl money we're talking about

I get that but there have also been occurrences where there has been a special deal maybe and people have requested transfers, but as you know Chute can be very busy at times and the transfer got finished outside of the deal. It would help if there were ways to speed up the process it would help as people like to sell boosters at special times to get more cash in-game but then again the offers end before the boosters get transferred. It's more depending on the time they're being transferred and if Chute gets around to it.
  • Gody
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP Suggestion] Transferring boosters 3 years 11 months ago #1226232

Gody wrote:
Clarky wrote:

I get that but there have also been occurrences where there has been a special deal maybe and people have requested transfers, but as you know Chute can be very busy at times and the transfer got finished outside of the deal. It would help if there were ways to speed up the process it would help as people like to sell boosters at special times to get more cash in-game but then again the offers end before the boosters get transferred. It's more depending on the time they're being transferred and if Chute gets around to it.
What's worse?
Being scammed or missing the deal? (which there almost always is a deal every month or so)
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny

[SSRP Suggestion] Transferring boosters 3 years 11 months ago #1226234

Clarky wrote:
Gody wrote:
Clarky wrote:

What's worse?
Being scammed or missing the deal? (which there almost always is a deal every month or so)

I get where you're coming from which is understandable considering players wouldn't want to be scammed but I'd assume there could be some way to boost the speed of it. Understandable if not
  • Gody
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP Suggestion] Transferring boosters 3 years 11 months ago #1226235

Also if anyone is getting confused this will ALWAYS be done with a middleman, the middleman will ensure they get the correct steam ID etc, yes a scam can occur, but a scam can occur in normal middlemen trades anyway as well so it's the same risk factor in both
  • Gody
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP Suggestion] Transferring boosters 3 years 11 months ago #1226239

Gody wrote:
Also if anyone is getting confused this will ALWAYS be done with a middleman, the middleman will ensure they get the correct steam ID etc, yes a scam can occur, but a scam can occur in normal middlemen trades anyway as well so it's the same risk factor in both
If a scam happens in a middleman trade, then the admin shouldn't be staff because it should always be an admin+ for middleman services and should always ensure a secure trade
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny

[SSRP Suggestion] Transferring boosters 3 years 11 months ago #1226240

CEO OF KPOP wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Gody wrote:
Clarky wrote:

What's worse?
But you can still get scammed if ur directly buying the boosters, better just dont go first or get a middleman
It is impossible to get scammed when using the middleman service unless the admin is corrupt. Always do these trades in chat so a CM can know everything that goes on.
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny

[SSRP Suggestion] Transferring boosters 3 years 11 months ago #1226251

Clarky wrote:
Gody wrote:
If a scam happens in a middleman trade, then the admin shouldn't be staff because it should always be an admin+ for middleman services and should always ensure a secure trade

The idea surrounding the trade would be, an admin brings the participants to a place where no RP is taking place, the information is given. Player X is selling 5 boosters to player Y for 1 billion. Player Y would give the middleman admin the money. The Admin then tells Player X the money is received then the admin will get Player Y's steam ID, double-checking, and ensuring it is the correct person. Player X then goes to the tab and inserts the steam ID, it shows the users in-game name the boosters are being directed to and then a confirmation is made. Then all parties will check if the trade has been done. If done successfully the money is handed to Player X.

A middleman is always to be used and both parties and admin are clear that the trade is for transferring UNCLAIMED boosters.

As you say the admins are trusted so they will be trusted enough to ensure the correct Steam ID is provided and all information is checked over thoroughly.
  • Gody
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Gody.

[SSRP Suggestion] Transferring boosters 3 years 11 months ago #1226379

:plussp:
  • yisyas
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 456

[SSRP Suggestion] Transferring boosters 3 years 11 months ago #1226391

Clarky wrote:
Thats not correct at all. This is currently not possible with the inventory system. This is something we have wanted to do for as long as booster packs have been around. Your unclaimed boosters would show up as items in your inventory that could be traded to other players and redeemed. VIP would have the same effect and you would be able to trade unclaimed VIP as well. Unfortunately though to prevent the risks of duping as well as to keep better track of trades the inventory system would have to be reworked from the ground up so that it would support saving information on an individual items. Right now this is impossible because items stack in the database and are not unique. I’m gonna close this thread since its pretty pointless. This will be done once the inventory system is overhauled and has been planned for many years.
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by EMP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gody, Killa Kappa, Jeppe, Markus
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds

188 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop