Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SSRP] Printers Staying After Disconnecting

[SSRP] Printers Staying After Disconnecting 4 years 5 months ago #1213769

Server Name: ZARPGAMING SSRP

Suggestion Title: Extending the time that printers stay after disconnection.

How would it benefit the server:

Player's Hardware
As most of you may know, many people print with alts. Currently, the program used the most to run alts would be Sandboxie, which can be found here. Although Sandboxie is a very useful program and is the only program people can use, it is extremely flawed. Most of the time when printing, alts will randomly crash or simply close, when this happens players usually don't know that it has happened until it is too late. Garry's Mod can be rough on some people's computers, especially when used in Sandboxie. According to the Steam Hardware & Software Survey taken in March of 2020, the average processor has 4 cores (52%) or 2 cores (21%). This can be absolutely devastating when loading into the server on an alt account, if an alt crashes, most people do not have enough time to load in which causes their printers to disappear. Many people I know do not have extremely powerful hardware, or have hardware that matches the average in the survey linked above.

Sandboxie's Recent Issues
As of recently, Sandboxie has shown many problems when it comes to running Garry's Mod on an alt. Loading in on a sandboxed Garry's Mod is constantly slower and never as fast as the original Garry's Mod. Sandboxie has been crashing for everyone, the program crashing is uncontrollable and there is nothing that anyone can do to prevent it, whether or not you have a powerful computer. From what we can see, the program crashing also has nothing to do with somebody's internet. Something that may be contributing to the programs crashing could be the optimization of the map. If the time for a person to return is increased, crashing will not be a problem for players who are not asleep as they will have enough time to log back onto the server.

Uncontrollable Circumstances
There are many things that are uncontrollable that can cause somebody to disconnect from the server. One of these things are power outages, when a power outage happens, somebody might struggle to get back onto the server. Another problem could be somebody's internet dropping. If either of these things happen, players will usually time out. Something I propose is to make the timer higher if a player times out, this could be extremely helpful for people who have their internet drop or power go out sometimes. I have had both of these things happen to myself, and it is extremely annoying.

Revive Basing
Due to the current risk of crashing, many people do not use their printers or printer boosters. If this is changed, people will feel safer when basing which could help the economy in ways that I will mention. With printed money, people can buy booster packs off of other players which will certainly help bring items back into the economy. With money drains, this money will be leaving the economy while it is entering, helping balance the items back with the money. Things like the Suit Frenzy were very useful in draining money from the economy, the only issue was that it didn't bring in many useful items.

Community Opinion
After seeing another suggestion like this that didn't have much effort put into this, I have decided to make one with more effort. In this suggestion, there were no negative responses and the suggestion was only supported, however it was ignored. I have also seen many members before this complain about the current timer on the printers after somebody disconnects. From everything that I have seen, the community has shown that they would like the printers to stay longer after disconnection.

Potential Issues/Exploits: None, all exploits have been fixed from what I know.

Additional notes: Make it happen, please.
  • 0yc37xrk6m
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 1994
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by 0yc37xrk6m. Reason: typo
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iFreshFruit, Henny, Kato_

[SSRP] Printers Staying After Disconnecting 4 years 5 months ago #1213770

:plussp:
  • Kato_
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • User is permanently banned from the Zarp service.
  • Thanks received: 278
I sometimes question your staffing ability for example:
When in game your were shouting "jugger". I asked you what it meant and you said it is a Canadian word for the n-word

If you want staff again you really need to get your act together.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 0yc37xrk6m

[SSRP] Printers Staying After Disconnecting 4 years 5 months ago #1213771

Big :plussp:
  • Darling
  • Legendary Member
  • The Witch House
  • Thanks received: 756

[SSRP] Printers Staying After Disconnecting 4 years 5 months ago #1213772

I too have experienced the issues of sandboxie, thus I shall support this suggestion. Outstanding suggestion Nikoo good shit man.
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4844

[SSRP] Printers Staying After Disconnecting 4 years 5 months ago #1213775

:plussp: need
  • iFreshFruit
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 9:54 PM - ChummyXRay: and you suck dick at OW
  • Thanks received: 533

[SSRP] Printers Staying After Disconnecting 4 years 5 months ago #1213777

Ye, sure, why not.
  • User1502
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 820

[SSRP] Printers Staying After Disconnecting 4 years 5 months ago #1213781

• Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
  • Thanks received: 2235
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator

[SSRP] Printers Staying After Disconnecting 4 years 5 months ago #1213782

Pretty harmless suggestion that all people can benefit from.

• Lefty.
  • Legendary Member
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 1811

Signed by:
ronaldmarc2009
CEO of Business
jutsu ballah
JoshuaIsGreat (not racist)
names will now end here due to banishment

[SSRP] Printers Staying After Disconnecting 4 years 5 months ago #1213829

:plussp: yes
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R
  • Thanks received: 1060

[SSRP] Printers Staying After Disconnecting 4 years 5 months ago #1213837

From what I know, using alts is done at your own risk and if you lose printers that are down on alts because of sandboxie or whatever then its a risk you are taking, I would say its fair to have that risk otherwise its kinda no risk all reward. (my opinion would be wrong here obviously but otherwise alts would just become a far too overwhelming of an advantage (I would say they are already)). Is what it is though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Spectrum
  • Diamond Boarder
  • quack
  • Thanks received: 845

Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex SSRP Head Admin
Ex TS / Discord Head Admin
Ex Forum Section Moderator
Ex Community Council Member

My Anime List
Steam | Discord: Spectrum#0001

[SSRP] Printers Staying After Disconnecting 4 years 5 months ago #1213838

Spectrum wrote:
From what I know, using alts is done at your own risk and if you lose printers that are down on alts because of sandboxie or whatever then its a risk you are taking, I would say its fair to have that risk otherwise its kinda no risk all reward. (my opinion would be wrong here obviously but otherwise alts would just become a far too overwhelming of an advantage (I would say they are already)). Is what it is though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

idk about you buddy but printing is dogshit
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R

[SSRP] Printers Staying After Disconnecting 4 years 5 months ago #1213839

MICHAELL wrote:
Spectrum wrote:

if you look at it overall its nowhere near as bad as you think seeing as over 200 bil has been printed since the addition of leaderboards and at least 195 bil just out of the top 20 people on the leaderboard.

Adding this wont make printing better, it will just make alt accounts more advantageous which then makes it unfair for people which can't have access to them facilities.
  • Spectrum
  • Diamond Boarder
  • quack

Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex SSRP Head Admin

My Anime List

The following user(s) said Thank You: Happy

[SSRP] Printers Staying After Disconnecting 4 years 5 months ago #1213840

Spectrum wrote:
MICHAELL wrote:
Spectrum wrote:

if you look at it overall its nowhere near as bad as you think seeing as over 200 bil has been printed since the addition of leaderboards and at least 195 bil just out of the top 20 people on the leaderboard.

Adding this wont make printing better, it will just make alt accounts more advantageous which then makes it unfair for people which can't have access to them facilities.

if only it showed you how many hours it took for them to get that
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R

[SSRP] Printers Staying After Disconnecting 4 years 5 months ago #1213843

MICHAELL wrote:
Spectrum wrote:
MICHAELL wrote:
Spectrum wrote:

Still doesn't mean that adding this is the solution, you are complaining about printers not alts.
  • Spectrum
  • Diamond Boarder
  • quack

Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex SSRP Head Admin

My Anime List

[SSRP] Printers Staying After Disconnecting 4 years 5 months ago #1213847

MICHAELL wrote:
Spectrum wrote:
MICHAELL wrote:
Spectrum wrote:

That's so true you do not know how hard it is to properly base due to your alts crashing and losing every printer you got. which makes u lose alot of money just because there's an X amount printed which btw took weeks even more think about the money we spent on those printers. printer hackers. x3,x4 boosters and how many times we had to replace them due to our alt crashing or main crashing because lets be honest garry's mod is not that stable so having extra time wouldve saved me personally billions of dollars
  • Sp00ns
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thanks received: 427

[SSRP] Printers Staying After Disconnecting 4 years 5 months ago #1213854

Hi Nikoo.
Don't print with alts you money hungry, sheckle hunting, hook nosed, gaberdine wearing jew

Regards, Lewis
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4708
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hungry Santa, MichaeI

[SSRP] Printers Staying After Disconnecting 4 years 5 months ago #1213855

MICHAELL wrote:
Spectrum wrote:
MICHAELL wrote:
Spectrum wrote:

it took me like 3 days of basing to get 8b the other 2b is just from random printing
  • Blueperson
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Jump in a bridge
  • Thanks received: 637

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

[SSRP] Printers Staying After Disconnecting 4 years 5 months ago #1213856

Spectrum wrote:

idk about you buddy but printing is dogshit[/quote]

I have never used alts and still have lost billions due to crashing or my internet dropping and joining 6-8 minutes after dcing, it's not like anyone is gaining anything from this, rather people just are not being punished as severely for having an error occur.

I just think that adding a bit more time would help a lot of people like my self who have lost a ton due to a few of the reasons I mentioned :D
  • Kato_
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • User is permanently banned from the Zarp service.
  • Thanks received: 278
I sometimes question your staffing ability for example:
When in game your were shouting "jugger". I asked you what it meant and you said it is a Canadian word for the n-word

If you want staff again you really need to get your act together.

[SSRP] Printers Staying After Disconnecting 4 years 5 months ago #1213862

• JAEGERMEISTER
  • Gold Boarder
  • Wrecking Ball

[SSRP] Printers Staying After Disconnecting 4 years 5 months ago #1213868

Lewis_is_java wrote:
Hi Nikoo.
Don't print with alts you money hungry, sheckle hunting, hook nosed, gaberdine wearing jew

Regards, Lewis

jew
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

172 PLAYERS ONLINE