Evilstewie. wrote:
Kranked wrote:
Evilstewie. wrote:
Smol wrote:
Evilstewie. wrote:
Smol wrote:
Evilstewie. wrote:
-rep

Need some sort of hard counter. I think making it easier to destroy the mines would be better
Personally I don't think a little slam like laser should be able to 1 tap the most expensive suits in the server. A mummy and ggluon is always a good way to combat it. Even an Evo could counter most of the g suits.

I know a fantastic counter to the trip mines. Eyes, use them to spot the tripmines and avoid them, if unsure im pretty sure they added drones
I mean if you are in the middle of a raid or something you have to make split-second decisions on what to do. The drones are pretty rare for some reason and they get 1 tapped so 0 point in using them. You could be raiding and get tgunned into a trip mine or just taking knockback into a trip mine.

Isnt making split second decisions part of the game though? Its no different than getting a very quick flick shot on cs or siege or whatever. And if someone is running up to you to place it then shoot them instead. Eyes and skill should counter them
you are incredibly dumb if you are serious, a 80b item should not be able to get one tapped from a little laser that is cheap as dirt, though it is fun to use them it is not balanced and could definitely use tweaking to make it more fair.

What else is there to counter them? Thats cheap and effective and can be countered back. Also no one answered me. Do emp rounds or emps effect them?
  • Killa Kappa
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 6748
The topic has been locked.

SSRP Tripmine Nerf 4 years 3 weeks ago #1203901

Huperchild wrote:
Evilstewie. wrote:
Kranked wrote:
Evilstewie. wrote:
Smol wrote:
Evilstewie. wrote:
Smol wrote:
Evilstewie. wrote:
-rep

Need some sort of hard counter. I think making it easier to destroy the mines would be better
Personally I don't think a little slam like laser should be able to 1 tap the most expensive suits in the server. A mummy and ggluon is always a good way to combat it. Even an Evo could counter most of the g suits.

I know a fantastic counter to the trip mines. Eyes, use them to spot the tripmines and avoid them, if unsure im pretty sure they added drones
I mean if you are in the middle of a raid or something you have to make split-second decisions on what to do. The drones are pretty rare for some reason and they get 1 tapped so 0 point in using them. You could be raiding and get tgunned into a trip mine or just taking knockback into a trip mine.

Isnt making split second decisions part of the game though? Its no different than getting a very quick flick shot on cs or siege or whatever. And if someone is running up to you to place it then shoot them instead. Eyes and skill should counter them
you are incredibly dumb if you are serious, a 80b item should not be able to get one tapped from a little laser that is cheap as dirt, though it is fun to use them it is not balanced and could definitely use tweaking to make it more fair.

What else is there to counter them? Thats cheap and effective and can be countered back. Also no one answered me. Do emp rounds or emps effect them?

If they do then this should just be denied and locked. Theres the counter, use your eyes, drones, emps/emp rounds or skill.

Its two sided, I can bet anyone who is begging and crying to them to be nerfed loses suits to them and are being salty bitches :lol: :lol:
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4043

SSRP Tripmine Nerf 4 years 3 weeks ago #1203907

Evilstewie. wrote:
Huperchild wrote:
Evilstewie. wrote:
Kranked wrote:
Evilstewie. wrote:
Smol wrote:
Evilstewie. wrote:
Smol wrote:
Evilstewie. wrote:
-rep

If they do then this should just be denied and locked. Theres the counter, use your eyes, drones, emps/emp rounds or skill.

Its two-sided, I can bet anyone who is begging and crying to them to be nerfed loses suits to them and are being salty bitches :lol: :lol:
Yet I've only lost 1 suit to a trip mine and it wasn't even a gold one. A 40b+ suit gets 1 tapped by the most mindless thing on the server that only costs like 10m per. The Electric rounds don't destroy the most of the time so those aren't a counter. Drones are never used on the server and for a good reason. They were rare for the one time they came out and have 0 use with them being 1 tapped. You can't simply throw down a drone during a nuke raid. When there are 10+ cops and 10+ defending spamming tguns and explosives in the one place where the drones can come from. Using your eyes when being gluoned and tgunned is a bit hard since you are in fact being gluoned and tgunned. I've only lost a hyper to a trip mine and that was because the suit is fast-moving and the trip mine laser blends in with the suit overlay.
  • Smol
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1095
Last Edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by Smol.

SSRP Tripmine Nerf 4 years 3 weeks ago #1203910

Smol wrote:
Evilstewie. wrote:
Huperchild wrote:
Evilstewie. wrote:
Kranked wrote:
Evilstewie. wrote:
Smol wrote:
Evilstewie. wrote:
Smol wrote:
Evilstewie. wrote:
-rep

Its two-sided, I can bet anyone who is begging and crying to them to be nerfed loses suits to them and are being salty bitches :lol: :lol:
Yet I've only lost 1 suit to a trip mine and it wasn't even a gold one. A 40b+ suit gets 1 tapped by the most mindless thing on the server that only costs like 10m per. The Electric rounds don't destroy the most of the time so those aren't a counter. Drones are never used on the server and for a good reason. They were rare for the one time they came out and have 0 use with them being 1 tapped. You can't simply throw down a drone during a nuke raid. When there are 10+ cops and 10+ defending spamming tguns and explosives in the one place where the drones can come from. Using your eyes when being gluoned and tgunned is a bit hard since you are in fact being gluoned and tgunned. I've only lost a hyper to a trip mine and that was because the suit is fast-moving and the trip mine laser blends in with the suit overlay.

Then dont use the 40bil suits. I dont even play but I dont feel like the mines need a nerf when other stuff could be in place such as limited person or ways around them. And they are one of the only counters to the suits so by removing them you are removing one of the only defenses for not so rich players (like myself if I played) so it makes basing pointless for them when the suits are so stupidly overpowered and yes I get they are expensive but without a counter it makes playing for people who don't own the suit pointless because of them and it puts gameplay at a stand still when people can't buy the op stuff due to always being against it and the people who have the op stuff who can't lose it. Look at it from a poor players perspective
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah

SSRP Tripmine Nerf 4 years 3 weeks ago #1203914

Evilstewie. wrote:
Smol wrote:
Evilstewie. wrote:
Huperchild wrote:
Evilstewie. wrote:
Kranked wrote:
Evilstewie. wrote:
Smol wrote:
Evilstewie. wrote:
Smol wrote:
Evilstewie. wrote:
-rep

Then dont use the 40bil suits. I dont even play but I dont feel like the mines need a nerf when other stuff could be in place such as limited person or ways around them. And they are one of the only counters to the suits so by removing them you are removing one of the only defenses for not so rich players (like myself if I played) so it makes basing pointless for them when the suits are so stupidly overpowered and yes I get they are expensive but without a counter it makes playing for people who don't own the suit pointless because of them and it puts gameplay at a stand still when people can't buy the op stuff due to always being against it and the people who have the op stuff who can't lose it. Look at it from a poor players perspective
I understand that it needs a counter but this shouldn't be the way it is countered. It should be maybe a more of player thing and not a fucking small pixel laser that one taps the suit instantly if you walk into it. New players do need a defense. But not against most players since almost no one raids new players and if they do they are normally refunded. It's more of higher tier players going against higher tier players in nuke raids. With the most recent Xmas update bringing a few hundreds of them into the economy it's a bit stupid. The solution shouldn't be to just tell people not to use the suits at all.
  • Smol
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP

SSRP Tripmine Nerf 4 years 3 weeks ago #1203916

Smol wrote:
Evilstewie. wrote:
Smol wrote:
Evilstewie. wrote:
Huperchild wrote:
Evilstewie. wrote:
Kranked wrote:
Evilstewie. wrote:
Smol wrote:
Evilstewie. wrote:
Smol wrote:
Evilstewie. wrote:
-rep

I understand that it needs a counter but this shouldn't be the way it is countered. It should be maybe a more of player thing and not a fucking small pixel laser that one taps the suit instantly if you walk into it. New players do need a defense. But not against most players since almost no one raids new players and if they do they are normally refunded. It's more of higher tier players going against higher tier players in nuke raids. With the most recent Xmas update bringing a few hundreds of them into the economy it's a bit stupid. The solution shouldn't be to just tell people not to use the suits at all.

The laser isnt that small and its bright blue so again would like to go back to my comment on look for them, plan an attack lol
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah

SSRP Tripmine Nerf 4 years 3 weeks ago #1203917

Evilstewie. wrote:
Smol wrote:
Evilstewie. wrote:
Smol wrote:
Evilstewie. wrote:
Huperchild wrote:
Evilstewie. wrote:
Kranked wrote:
Evilstewie. wrote:
Smol wrote:
Evilstewie. wrote:
Smol wrote:
Evilstewie. wrote:
-rep

The laser isnt that small and its bright blue so again would like to go back to my comment on look for them, plan an attack lol

There are 3 trip mines in this one picture. Yet you can't see a single one of them. Smoke covers them entirely even though they are almost right in front of me.

Also one in this image which would be really easy to spot except they are really buggy and the "bright blue" beam is completely invisible.
  • Smol
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP

SSRP Tripmine Nerf 4 years 3 weeks ago #1203918

waaah my mummy gluon strat has counterplay XD
  • Gems
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 504
The following user(s) said Thank You: Indiana Jones

SSRP Tripmine Nerf 4 years 3 weeks ago #1203943

Gems wrote:

I should have just said something like this and left it at that...
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah

SSRP Tripmine Nerf 4 years 3 weeks ago #1203954

Evilstewie. wrote:
Gems wrote:

Although my post has nothing to do with fixing the trip mines against mummy? Therefore his post makes 0 sense at all. Seeing as I'm also banned this is involves nothing about me but to help out the players who do play the server. I was actually completely with nerfing the mummy. The one time I mentioned the mummy it was to support the fact that it counters some of the gold suits. Seeing as the code for the acs and gold acs is completely fucked and a mummy completely overrides its damage resistance.

The suggestion was "Trip mines either not doing damage to gold suits or doing a lot less damage."
  • Smol
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP

SSRP Tripmine Nerf 4 years 3 weeks ago #1204004

Evilstewie. wrote:
Gems wrote:

This has nothing to do with a mummy gluon, I haven't lost a suit to tripmines except for when smol refunded me. Anyways, the tripmines do get destroyed to RADIATION ROUNDS(edit), however due to the fact that they are dirt cheap and that you can place them down incredibly fast makes electric rounds absolutely useless especially when you have already made it inside of the elevator base. The main problem with tripmines is that people cant even really feel safe using anything do to the fact that something worth 20m max can absolutely demolish any suit at all. If you had just been in a little more combat you would most likely agree with me.
  • 0yc37xrk6m
  • Adept Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1995
Last Edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by 0yc37xrk6m.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Smol

SSRP Tripmine Nerf 4 years 3 weeks ago #1204046

I believe they should make differnt damage apllications for different suits- a jugg shouldnt be killed instantly,neither should a holo. but for example an acs should be
  • Keanu Siek
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 37

SSRP Tripmine Nerf 3 years 11 months ago #1215413

bumping
  • Smol
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP

SSRP Tripmine Nerf 3 years 11 months ago #1215448

Dumb idea but the next suit should have some kind of resistance or immunity to tripmines
  • Lerpson
  • Nitro Booster
  • black people should totally be allowed to vote
  • Thanks received: 1817
Jay House number 1 as always
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Lerpson.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 0yc37xrk6m

SSRP Tripmine Nerf 3 years 11 months ago #1215504

I agree with Evilstewie here. Make more counters to it and if that is not enough they could probably add a little sound to it. I don't see the reason for it to not one tap golden suits. It's still a risk. Same with the QED, it vaporizes any suit and I think it should be like that.
  • Jeans
  • Expert Boarder
  • Free Ezehzz
  • Thanks received: 264

SSRP Tripmine Nerf 3 years 11 months ago #1215505

I feel like trip mines need to be reworked, the fact that it can one tap any suit is very broken.
  • finlay
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 197

SSRP Tripmine Nerf 3 years 11 months ago #1218020

Jeans wrote:
I agree with Evilstewie here. Make more counters to it and if that is not enough they could probably add a little sound to it. I don't see the reason for it to not one tap golden suits. It's still a risk. Same with the QED, it vaporizes any suit and I think it should be like that.
I agree that there should be a risk with the suit. But isn't the fact that with all the gold suits you are using an item over 40b. It seems pretty risky just at that. And then a small little beam can just 1 tap you if you take knockback into it. It doesn't seem fair for the person in the golden suit.
  • Smol
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP

SSRP Tripmine Nerf 3 years 11 months ago #1219300

We don't believe another nerf is needed,

:denied:
  • OnionRings
  • Community Manager