Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ZARP Classic Suggestion

ZARP Classic Suggestion 4 years 3 months ago #1193567

Server Name: ZARP Classic

Suggestion Title: ZARP Classic

How would it benefit the server: Will bridge the gap between players old and new, rich or poor, good or bad. Will bring revive working together and actually playing the server instead of mindless afking as the core gameplay

Potential Issues/Exploits: Would be a more refined rule list to stop people exploiting

Additional notes: So this is gonna be fairly long and messy but please do read it. I envision a classic server like how it was back in 2014 on bloc_42. Everything needed to make the server the lead team/owners already have because it was the core foundation that ssrp was built on. A server with the only the original printers (ones you can buy in f4) the original weapons in the crafting menu (rpg/milkor/orbs) being the best stuff. Honestly its not about what to add its what not to have such as no suits, no gems, no special printers, no stupidly large/strong bases, no alts, no cases, just core gameplay of basing and raiding.

Now im sure you are reading it and questioning why so strict on everything, well everything I listed is just a start, I dont want to see everyone desperate to be the richest by having 5 alts all afk mining or 20 people's worth of props to build a stupidly large and long base. It would need a lot of work to refine to perfection but its not not doable. You really gotta have seen how it was to wanted it back as much, and I fully get its not gonna be everyones cup of tea but where some players may close the door on it others will open it. I know this is messy and incomplete but I will be working towards getting a video showcasing everything I mean. I hope a lot of people can get behind this and put trust in me in getting a classic server correct. Thank you for taking the time in reading my suggestion although its in early stages (yeah crazy right the suggestion itself is in an alpha stage)
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4054
Login or register to post a reply.

ZARP Classic Suggestion 4 years 3 months ago #1193569

• Ezeh
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • A wild fox
  • Thanks received: 1395
Former ranks;
SSRP Super Administrator
TF2 Super Admin
Teamspeak Staff
Discord Administrator
Appeals/RA Section Forum Moderator
Deathrun Administrator

Need to contact me? Click here!
Ezeh#4745

ZARP Classic Suggestion 4 years 3 months ago #1193573

Ezeh wrote:
Just a quick flick through the item list, thats not zarp "classic"
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah

ZARP Classic Suggestion 4 years 3 months ago #1193576

Huperchild wrote:
already a planned thing, but same database will be used so nobody will play anyway

Yeah seems like its just gonna be shut down. But talking about a true classic server would be a fresh start
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah

ZARP Classic Suggestion 4 years 3 months ago #1193577

Part of the reason the whole "ZARP Classic" thread exists in the first place is because people kept making this suggestion. I appreciate what you're saying because there really isn't too much for anyone to do. Even the rich have little to do.except destroy newer players, or get richer.

The biggest problem is the database. They've already said that they'll be keeping the same one in the event of ZARP Classic, which means every rich player in normal ZARP will remain rich in ZARP Classic without even having to try. They'll still have all their items, with a number of them blocked from usage entirely.

Like, it's all well and good that they're offering us ZARP Classic in the first place, but if you start as one of the richest players, you've already got a problem because suddenly you're on top without even trying. The database needs to be separate, and preferably on a different map. I love Patrick's work on Downtown, but like he himself said in his post, it gets tiring looking at the same map all the time. As much as ele basing is the biggest thing in Evo, a few people genuinely went on because it was different to downtown. Even if you add something that's smaller than downtown, it'd be better than having three servers *all* set in Downtown.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster
  • Thanks received: 1041
https://gyazo.com/fbafb32cd9b0fe8b55a862c42ff71d9a

ZARP Classic Suggestion 4 years 3 months ago #1193585

66.85.14.108:27015
  • Sally
  • Forum Administrator
  • ZARP VIP
  • Can You Understand How Strange It Is To Be Alive?
  • Thanks received: 3527

Brother Gustro: sally is a minge
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim_Jam, TheXnator

ZARP Classic Suggestion 4 years 3 months ago #1193587

Huperchild wrote:
already a planned thing, but same database will be used so nobody will play anyway

No it is not.

ZARP Classic was something that we considered, but if we were to ever do it, it would not be on a "fresh" database, it would just be another ZARP SSRP server with certain items blacklisted for use (any of the newer items and anything else people wanted to be blacklisted). We took this idea to the community and it seemed that people wanted it to be on a fresh database with everything wiped, but that would just lead to people getting bored once the "nostalgia" of it wears off, and it would be a waste of time.

Since people did not like the idea that was put forward for how we would go about this if it were to ever happen, we decided that we would not work on the project.

It's not up for debate whether or not we use a fresh database, and there are a lot of reasons for why this is the case (some of which are quite complex reasons), but it essentially comes down to the fact that, when it has been done before, any kind of "reset" has just killed the server, and any kind of analysis on the idea of having a "ZARP Classic" server with a new database leads to a conclusion that the server would likely die out very quickly (although do note this is a very stripped down explanation).
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. Richard
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds

279 PLAYERS ONLINE