Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: TTT Suggestion

TTT Suggestion 4 years 2 months ago #1191597

Server Name: TTT

Suggestion Title: Rule change

Old
2.4a Constant T-baiting as Innocent/Detective
T-baiting, which is the act of committing traitorous acts as an Innocent / Detective which make it seem as though you are a traitor (see "Valid KOS Reasons" for some examples) is a KOSable offence
The act of continuous T-baiting over multiple rounds is punishable, at the discretion of the staff member.

New
2.4a T-baiting as Innocent/Detective
T-baiting, which is the act of committing traitorous acts as an Innocent / Detective which make it seem as though you are a traitor (see "Valid KOS Reasons" for some examples) is a punishable offence.

Old
2.6 Valid KOS Reasons
Shooting nearby players to “scare” them

New
2.6 Valid KOS Reasons
Shooting towards players to "scare" them

How would it benefit the server:
Prevent people from T-baiting and ruining the round for other players. For example a player spots someone throwing diamond blocks into the lava in the nether so they kill them and they are innocent, that player now has the karma loss from killing an innocent and is likely to be killed if a detective finds the body. It would also remove the subjectivity of constant from the rule making it more clear what is and what is not allowed.

Potential Issues/Exploits:
People who like T-baiting can no longer do it. It could also create situations where staff could punish for very minor things but i would like to think they have the common sense to know when a verbal is all thats needed.

Additional notes:

Im going to start by saying im unsure as to why this was changed, i find it very hard to justify how many of the things that would be classed as T-baiting should be allowed. T-baiting goes against the main objective of the game as innocents are now allowed to work against their own team by helping the traitors with things like hiding diamond/gold blocks. As a result of this as mentioned above it also leads to situations it ruins the round for other players as well, its in no way a victimless crime. If you get killed for T-baiting and an innocent kills you they not only lose karma but also are very likely to get killed because of it, you can totally ruin someones round in the same way as just straight up shooting them but you dont get punished for it and in my opinion that makes no sense.

The other big problem is the subjectivity of the rule, constant T-baiting is not clearly defined and currently you could just remove the rule completely and it would have no effect. No one knows how much T-baiting is required for it to be constant and as a result the rule is not enforced. Even if it was more clear T-baiting is a hard thing to monitor, do you expect staff to sit in spec and watch the T room counting how many times someone throws a diamond block in as an innocent in x amount of rounds? The constant part should be removed or just remove the rule completely, i dont see why we dont just give someone a verbal the first time they t bait then punish the second time.

I was told there were some issues before regarding where players were shooting being classed as T-baiting so i altered the KOS reasons to specify that for it to be T-baiting you must be actually shooting towards people not just randomly shooting into the sky next to someone. While it will be hard to prove where people are shooting its always been hard to prove some things and im sure if staff open a chat there will be no issues as they have the common sense to know if they cant find proof they should assume innocence.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810
The topic has been locked.

TTT Suggestion 4 years 2 months ago #1191598

I dont like the 2.4A change but the 2.6 one is nice.
  • JJonGames
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Make a difference.
  • Thanks received: 44
I believe in the person that can make a difference. -JJonGames
★ Zarp Vip ★
★ TTT Administrator ★
★ Former Jailbreak Moderator ★

TTT Suggestion 4 years 2 months ago #1191632

The problem with 2.4A Rulechange is, that some staff member will then go ahead and punish everyone who T-baits even though they accidently shot near someone (I am sure that either a staff member will punish someone for this or a user will try to convience on of us to punish someone for this). I can understand what you are going for with this, but to give a counter argument. What about the people that are bored of from winning through the diamond block and just dont want to and play the game normally. Do they just get left out and have to accept that some people force the way they want to win upon them. Something else that isnt technically allowed on the server, what about when some people, that just want to have fun with each other and shoot each other and then someone else joins in and kills them and they end up getting reported for T-Baiting, even though they just wanted to have fun and didnt even try to shoot someone else or ruin someone else gameplay. That wouldnt even be the fault of the guy that got reported, because he didnt even try to ruin someone elses experience except maybe the one from the friend (and if he is fine why should we punish), that would be just one guy joining in (probably knowing that they are friends) to get them in trouble. I think we should either clarify how often someone can T-bait or we should get this rule in and then reorganize some of the T-Baiting reasons, because I think everyone should be able to choose the way how they want to play or win the game and not be forced to win or play in a way they might dislike
  • TheRealNepgear
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • I guess I am a weeb
  • Thanks received: 393
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davidov007

TTT Suggestion 4 years 2 months ago #1191633

TheRealNepgear wrote:
The problem with 2.4A Rulechange is, that some staff member will then go ahead and punish everyone who T-baits even though they accidently shot near someone (I am sure that either a staff member will punish someone for this or a user will try to convience on of us to punish someone for this). I can understand what you are going for with this, but to give a counter argument. What about the people that are bored of from winning through the diamond block and just dont want to and play the game normally. Do they just get left out and have to accept that some people force the way they want to win upon them. Something else that isnt technically allowed on the server, what about when some people, that just want to have fun with each other and shoot each other and then someone else joins in and kills them and they end up getting reported for T-Baiting, even though they just wanted to have fun and didnt even try to shoot someone else or ruin someone else gameplay. That wouldnt even be the fault of the guy that got reported, because he didnt even try to ruin someone elses experience except maybe the one from the friend (and if he is fine why should we punish), that would be just one guy joining in (probably knowing that they are friends) to get them in trouble. I think we should either clarify how often someone can T-bait or we should get this rule in and then reorganize some of the T-Baiting reasons, because I think everyone should be able to choose the way how they want to play or win the game and not be forced to win or play in a way they might dislike

If a staff member cannot decide when and when not to punish someone or when a verbal is the best situation then thats a staff member issue not a rule issues. You cannot have a rule where its against the rules but you are allowed to do it a little bit, it either is or is not against the rules. I dont think one innocent should be able to decide no one else is allowed to win this way, if a traitor wants to be smart and hide a diamond thats fine, you should not be working against your team because you dont like it, other innocents do and if they actually enjoy finding the diamonds then you have pissed them off as well. If someone else joins in with two people shooting each other is that not joining a fight? In any case its hardly important because honestly how many times have you seen someone get reported for T-baiting, i could count the number on one hand. "and if he is fine why should we punish" ive already said staff should have the required level of common sense to decide when a punishment is needed. I am clarifying how often people are allowed to break a rule, and that is 0.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin

TTT Suggestion 4 years 2 months ago #1191634

Well, you see, the "constant T-baiting" part is mostly for common sense, the rule was implemented to stop potential "trollers" that for example, throw diamond blocks away every round. I disagree with this part being useless, as it is pretty easy to spot someone constantly T-baiting and take action, whether it is a verbal or not.
I also don't understand why you wish to change the word "nearby" to "towards". Shooting at the ground when close to someone isn't really shooting towards them, but it definitely can be considered T-baiting and get you killed for it.
I get the intentions you have, but not everything can be written and explained in the rules. I do think that this rule needs a little more polish, but in my opinion, your version of it isn't too good.
  • Davidov007
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expect me to write, a lot.
  • Thanks received: 757
♠ Ex-TTT Head Administrator ♠

TTT Suggestion 4 years 2 months ago #1191636

Davidov007 wrote:
Well, you see, the "constant T-baiting" part is mostly for common sense, the rule was implemented to stop potential "trollers" that for example, throw diamond blocks away every round. I disagree with this part being useless, as it is pretty easy to spot someone constantly T-baiting and take action, whether it is a verbal or not.
I also don't understand why you wish to change the word "nearby" to "towards". Shooting at the ground when close to someone isn't really shooting towards them, but it definitely can be considered T-baiting and get you killed for it.
I get the intentions you have, but not everything can be written and explained in the rules. I do think that this rule needs a little more polish, but in my opinion, your version of it isn't too good.

You can stop the trollers by just having the rule as T-baiting is not allowed. It is hard to spot people throwing blocks away every single round so its constant, what do you want me to do follow them everywhere and make sure they dont do it too often? as for nearby to towards it was an attempt to at least make it so you could fire a gun and not get instantly gundowned by some troll saying he was shooting and i got scared.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin

TTT Suggestion 4 years 2 months ago #1191637

I guess the 2.6 clarification would be an alright change (haven't run into any issues with this rule, but I don't see why it shouldn't be clarified a bit).

Regarding 2.4a through the whole time I've been with Zarp I've never seen a moderator nor an administrator punish for t-baiting. T-baiting is still kosable and I honestly prefer the way it's done right now because if it's actually a problem (let's say someone is breaking a health station multiple times, you can punish them). If you're going to be giving people a verbal anyways and then punish them if they continue you end up doing it the same way as it is right now (minus the verbal). The only problem I can see is people throwing diamond blocks away as that's very hard to keep track off, but maybe a separate rule should be made for this?
  • Nina
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • 「(°ヘ°)
  • Thanks received: 889

Former
Zarp Slave
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Nina.

TTT Suggestion 4 years 2 months ago #1191638

Miia wrote:
Davidov007 wrote:

You can stop the trollers by just having the rule as T-baiting is not allowed. It is hard to spot people throwing blocks away every single round so its constant, what do you want me to do follow them everywhere and make sure they dont do it too often? as for nearby to towards it was an attempt to at least make it so you could fire a gun and not get instantly gundowned by some troll saying he was shooting and i got scared.
I see, but the rule is very situational, for example the scenario you presented of "killing an innocent because of T-baiting not only lowers your karma, but also could result in your death" is the most extreme it can get. What I'm saying is, we shouldn't be warning people for shooting once in the sky for a friendly and joking purpose.
  • Davidov007
  • Expert Boarder

TTT Suggestion 4 years 2 months ago #1191639

Nina wrote:

I guess the 2.6 clarification would be an alright change (haven't run into any issues with this rule, but I don't see why it shouldn't be clarified a bit).

Regarding 2.4a through the whole time I've been with Zarp I've never seen a moderator nor an administrator punish for t-baiting. T-baiting is still kosable and I honestly prefer the way it's done right now because if it's actually a problem (let's say someone is breaking a health station multiple times, you can punish them). If you're going to be giving people a verbal anyways and then punish them if they continue you end up doing it the same way as it is right now (minus the verbal). The only problem I can see is people throwing diamond blocks away as that's very hard to keep track off, but maybe a separate rule should be made for this?

My main issue is the subjectivity of the rule and the fact that while t baiting might not seem like that much of a victimless crime it can be. Lets say someone starts shooting at someone towards them but missing, the guy then shoots back thinking hes under attack and kills the guy, that guy then has lower karma and the likelyhood of being killed for it, the exact same outcome as if the guy had shot and hit him except this time because he missed so it was only t baiting the guy doesnt get punished and its ok. With t baiting you get to fuck up people rounds and get away with it.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nina

TTT Suggestion 4 years 2 months ago #1191641

Davidov007 wrote:
Miia wrote:
Davidov007 wrote:

I see, but the rule is very situational, for example the scenario you presented of "killing an innocent because of T-baiting not only lowers your karma, but also could result in your death" is the most extreme it can get. What I'm saying is, we shouldn't be warning people for shooting once in the sky for a friendly and joking purpose.
I literally just put in the suggestion change it to specify shooting towards a player so that cant happen.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin

TTT Suggestion 4 years 2 months ago #1191642

Miia wrote:
Davidov007 wrote:
Miia wrote:
Davidov007 wrote:

I literally just put in the suggestion change it to specify shooting towards a player so that cant happen.
And how are you gonna find out whether a shot was fired towards someone or not? It's way too general of a word.
  • Davidov007
  • Expert Boarder

TTT Suggestion 4 years 2 months ago #1191643

Davidov007 wrote:
Miia wrote:
Davidov007 wrote:
Miia wrote:
Davidov007 wrote:

And how are you gonna find out whether a shot was fired towards someone or not? It's way too general of a word.
How are you gonna find out if someone walked past a body or not? How you gonna find out if someone was KOSed in voice chat? We already have to deal with situations where we dont know where a player was shooting anyway.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin

TTT Suggestion 4 years 2 months ago #1191644

Miia wrote:
Davidov007 wrote:
Miia wrote:
Davidov007 wrote:
Miia wrote:
Davidov007 wrote:

How are you gonna find out if someone walked past a body or not? How you gonna find out if someone was KOSed in voice chat? We already have to deal with situations where we dont know where a player was shooting anyway.
AAAAAAAA I knew you'd respond with that.
  • Davidov007
  • Expert Boarder

TTT Suggestion 4 years 2 months ago #1191718

We voted on this in the meeting and the majority of the LT disagree with these changes. The rules will stay as they are.

#Denied
  • Jim_Jam
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3491
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds

159 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127