Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: TTT Suggestion-Rule change

TTT Suggestion-Rule change 4 years 3 months ago #1189560

Server Name: TTT

Suggestion Title:

Change to rule 2.5

Old- "If two individuals are fighting, or two individuals KOS each other, and you have no proof which could be the traitor, you must wait before joining in the fight until one player dies and they either; identify the body/the round ends/you question them."

New- "if two individuals are fighting, and you have no proof which could be the traitor, you must wait before joining in the fight until one player dies and they either; identify the body/the round ends/you question them. Any KOSes called between 2 individuals in an active gunfight should be treated as part of the gunfight and thus only be carried out when the fight is finished. "

How would it benefit the server:

Make the rule less exploitable and improve overall gameplay by not allowing people to no u any KOS called on them.

Potential Issues/Exploits:

People being annoyed when someone calls a false KOS on them and they get killed.

Additional notes:

As of right now whether it was intentional or not the change to rule 2.5 has made calling a KOS unless you are a detective useless. If the idea was to stop people following KOSes when they do not have proof as to if the person being called KOS is a traitor then it has failed, all this rule does is decide which KOSed person gets to live depending on if they have they have the common sense to just call a KOS person back on the person who called a KOS on them. You get KOSed because you got spotted killing someone in the tower? No problem just KOS them back and no one else apart from that person can do anything. Theres no point to calling KOSes anymore.

TTT is a game about innocents working together to identify traitors, KOSes being pointless as you just get KOSed back activly discourages innocents from sharing information with each other as theres no point, which in my opinion is very bad for a game mode like TTT. On the flip side TTT is also a game about traitors trying to decieve the innocents in order to kill them, if a traitor calls a KOS on someone who KOSed them then another innocent gets fooled by it and kills the innocent i would say thats fair game. Just like if a traitor uses the trap in the tester and an innocent gets dropped, they have tricked an innocent into killing their own as they were not paying enough attention and i dont think we should be punishing people because they fell for traitor deception.

Player decisions is a big part of TTT this is why i also dont like rules such as the if i say i found this t weapon you cant kill because in my opinion no rule shoul exist to force me to believe someone, i want the choice based on what i know from that round wether i should believe him or not. Choices like killing people for doing traitorous things when there is a chance they could be innocent for example ignoring bodies, throwing away diamonds etc, players should have the choice to kill them and the punishment they get for it if they are wrong? Karma loss. If someone gets tricked by a traitor into following a false KOS then that should be their punishment, i dont think we need a rule to protect people from making the wrong choices when following a KOS.

With that being said i understand there were issues with the old rule. Some people would see 2 people in a gunfight both spamming KOS signs and take that to mean they could just kill both players as they were both KOSed. I think my suggested rule stops this while still allowing KOSes to remain relevent. With KOSes you are always going to get the idiots who just like killing anyone they have a reason to but that exists anyway with unidentified bodies and throwing away diamonds, i think its far more important we keep these things then get rid of them because of a few idiots.

There have also been a few cases where one KOS is called over voice and another is called in text and some people who didnt manage to catch the one over voice have fallen victim to this rule, which with all the screaming kids and people who play listening to music is a problem. You shouldnt be punished because you couldnt hear a KOS.

I hope my middle ground between stopping issues caused by the old old rule but not having the new issues created now is enough but i would love to hear some opinions from both the people who think the current version of the rule is good and those who think its bad.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Miia.
Login or register to post a reply.

TTT Suggestion-Rule change 4 years 3 months ago #1189618

:plussp:
  • Davidov007
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expect me to write, a lot.
  • Thanks received: 757
♠ Ex-TTT Head Administrator ♠

TTT Suggestion-Rule change 4 years 3 months ago #1189619

Depending on what the intention of the rule change was I can definitely see the issue with the current rule, if the intention of it was to avoid people from killing both parties then I'd have to agree that while it has "fixed that part of the issue" it has caused another. I feel like your change also is a bit flawed in the way it's written right now as it could make people think you'd need to fill out both criteria for the rule to count, meaning you could join gunfights. I’m unsure what is the best way to fix that right now, although I’d suggest something along the lines of this (just to make a quick suggestion to try and show my point):
"If two individuals are fighting each other, and you have no proof which could be the traitor, you must wait before joining in the fight until one of the players dies (even if they call KOS on each other) and they either; identify the body/the round ends/you question them."
  • Nina
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • 「(°ヘ°)
  • Thanks received: 889

Former
Zarp Slave
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Nina.

TTT Suggestion-Rule change 4 years 3 months ago #1189625

Nina wrote:

Depending on what the intention of the rule change was I can definitely see the issue with the current rule, if the intention of it was to avoid people from killing both parties then I'd have to agree that while it has "fixed that part of the issue" it has caused another. I feel like your change also is a bit flawed in the way it's written right now as it could make people think you'd need to fill out both criteria for the rule to count, meaning you could join gunfights. I’m unsure what is the best way to fix that right now, although I’d suggest something along the lines of this (just to make a quick suggestion to try and show my point):
"If two individuals are fighting each other, and you have no proof which could be the traitor, you must wait before joining in the fight until one of the players dies (even if they call KOS on each other) and they either; identify the body/the round ends/you question them."

I wil admit that by the time i got round to what the new rule should actually say i was tired and didnt think about it much. Right now i think yours is better but i made a slight change, i decided to word it as "if two people are actively fighting and calling KOSes on each other then you cannot just kill both for being KOSed". With the way your version was worded i dont think it changes anything because it still needs the fight to be over which is what it is like now, the issues would likely be instead of just "no KOS him for false KOSing me" it would change to "KOS this guy he false KOSed and shot me". This would in theory still stop you from joining an active gunfight but still allow for KOS calls to be useful without having them be no ued. I think saying that they need to be actively fighting is better what do you guys think?
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Miia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nina

TTT Suggestion-Rule change 4 years 3 months ago #1189671

I feel like this is a good change and would help clarify things
:plussp:
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
  • Thanks received: 2237
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator

TTT Suggestion-Rule change 4 years 3 months ago #1189770

At the time in which I voted yes on this rule I did not properly foresee the issues that it now has. The point of it on my interpretation was to stop people from killing without any proof just because there was a KOS (Hence why it was part of the joining gunfights rule). I did not see at the time that people would use it as a way to practically become untouchable a bit of a oversight on my part. I do believe based off a situations the rule should be rewritten very similarly to the old one like you have done here clarifying that you must wait until a gunfight is finished before being able to join but instead of the KOSes being part of the gunfight it's just a players choice of who to kill. Beyond the better and more obvious reasons, I feel this could be a great way for players to have a good amount of replay value by starting to pay closer attention to other player actions. It also makes it so that KOSes actually have a effect and so it's not abused to become nearly invincible it also allows players to have their own interpretation of a rule so it does not feel like the game HAS to be played a certain way every time. However, there is no possible way to satisfy everyone with a rule like this and I do see possible issues with it but ones that could be overlooked for the big positives it provides.
  • Darling
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • The Witch House
  • Thanks received: 751
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Darling.
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds

153 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32