Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: TTT Suggestion - Daily objectives

TTT Suggestion - Daily objectives 4 years 3 months ago #1188570

Server Name: TTT

Suggestion Title: Specific objectives for TTT

How would it benefit the server:

Keep players logging into TTT daily to complete the missions for rewards, not logging in seeing two prophunt missions then being slightly annoyed. Im not saying remove the prophunt missions from TTT i can guess as to why they are there and i dont think its a bad idea to try and get people to play on other zarp servers(why only prophunt tho unless i just missed other objectives for other servers). Even just another set of dailys that are specific for TTT would be great as its actually nice having working missions now.

Potential Issues/Exploits:

I guess if you have TTT specific missions with the same rewards then TTT players will just ignore the prophunt missions and do the TTT set so they wont try other servers. In my opinion tho i dont believe a large amount of people who play TTT will go to other servers just for daily missions anyway.

Additional notes:

As for what TTT specific missions could be theres the simple win x amount of rounds as any class detective, traitor or innocent however if you are going to add these id like to see a smaller number than 5 for traitor round wins because you can go hours without getting a traitor round then finally get one and lose it.

You could also have kill x amount of players correctly with a specific regular pick up weapon, which could maybe encourage older players to switch off their high level unlocks that destroy newer players trying to use mp5s and uzis. As well as providing some veriety for new players as they might really like the shotgun(no idea why) and it could be refreshing to use the ak for a bit to complete the challenge.

There could be a participation award like mission for the people who suck at games or are having a really bad day. Something simple like a log in reward or play 3 rounds of TTT. So even if you dont have that much time you can join for a few mins and get something.

Very specific things might not be the best as they may not be possible every round but you could have missions like using binoculars to id bodies, taking dna that leads to a traitor, as a traitor get 3 or more kills with a c4 that kind of thing.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810
The topic has been locked.

TTT Suggestion - Daily objectives 4 years 3 months ago #1188574

What I was thinking about daily objectives was have two general ones and one specific to the server you are on(TTT and Prop Hunt are the only servers running the new diamond shop system) the objective would change from a TTT to a Prop Hunt one if you switched servers and vice versa, once that objective is complete it doesn't change again till a reset this is to prevent diamond farming.
  • Sally
  • Forum Administrator
  • ZARP VIP
  • Can You Understand How Strange It Is To Be Alive?
  • Thanks received: 3528

Brother Gustro: sally is a minge
The following user(s) said Thank You: Miia

TTT Suggestion - Daily objectives 4 years 3 months ago #1188575

Sally wrote:
What I was thinking about daily objectives was have two general ones and one specific to the server you are on(TTT and Prop Hunt are the only servers running the new diamond shop system) the objective would change from a TTT to a Prop Hunt one if you switched servers and vice versa, once that objective is complete it doesn't change again till a reset this is to prevent diamond farming.

Like i said i dont mind the idea of encouraging people to play another server but it is very annoying to get on TTT and be presented with earn 150 diamonds, kill 10 props and win 10 rounds of prophunt. As someone who even if they dont enjoy a game much anymore is still the kind of person who would log in just for dailys i think it would be more beneficial to try to get more people playing TTT daily then try to get them off TTT and on to a server they dont enjoy.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nina, Darling

TTT Suggestion - Daily objectives 4 years 3 months ago #1188968

I don't really fully understand why objectives are not exclusive to their game mode in the first place. I don't really see anyone besides staff members go on prophunt to actually do the objective and anyone else who does is likely just doing it for the reward. So I just kind of gotta ask what the point is, if anything trying to move players around to unlock cosmetics is the last thing you wanna do especially since everyone just got their stuff cleaned out. I believe the objectives should be exclusive to their server or just exclusive to whatever server you're on at the time.
  • Darling
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • The Witch House
  • Thanks received: 751
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Darling.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Miia

TTT Suggestion - Daily objectives 4 years 3 months ago #1188979

Daily Objectives are not a specific thing to the server - they are a Pointshop-wide thing which bring Pointshop-wide benefits, and so they are used to encourage people to play on different servers. Every server with the new Pointshop on it currently has objectives specific to this gamemode - there are TTT specific ones as well of course (same number of TTT ones as there are Prophunt ones I believe).

The problem with Sally's suggestion is that the objectives reset automatically at midnight, not when you join the server, so it's not possible to get the server you're on when you're not actually on a server.

The Pointshop servers are meant to all be joined and the Daily Objectives system was intended to add a reason for people to play on multiple Pointshop servers. You're getting given an extra reward for playing across servers, rather than just sitting on one server and doing what you always do.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim_Jam, Nina
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds

137 PLAYERS ONLINE