Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP Suggestion] New Role - Traffic Warden

[SSRP Suggestion] New Role - Traffic Warden 6 months 3 weeks ago #1181401

Server Name:

-SSRP

Suggestion Title:

New Role - Traffic Warden and [more] parking areas + speed signs, speed cameras

How would it benefit the server:

-In my opinion, not many people are involved with cars on Zarp and this, therefore, would increase the number of cars on the streets of Zarp as it would be more "realistic"

-The traffic warden would be issued the same kit as the police officer but with 2 extra items: the "Ticket Issuer" and the "Speed gun"

-The Ticket issuer, which only a traffic warden receives in their Hotbar, can be used to issue parking fines if people were not to park in a designated parking area. A yellow sticker will appear on the windscreen (to represent a ticket) of the vehicle and the owner will be forced to pay the fine.

-Another new item that only a traffic warden receives in their Hotbar is the speed gun. The speed gun can be used to measure speeds of cars that are driving. If the speed is above the limit, the traffic warden can issue a ticket which the player must also be forced to pay the fine for. The speed limit will appear in the top right of the speed gun interface so they traffic warden know it at all times.

-However, if the player is caught by a speed camera, they will be also faced with a fine which they must pay for speeding.

-Players must be at least PD Level 5 to pick the traffic warden. This will prevent most of the RTI (random ticket issue) by troll players.

-The server would get a new and different role which adds to the RP.

-There would be less reckless driving and parking on the streets of Zarp.

-Adds some fun and expansion in the roleplay part of the server.

Potential Issues/Exploits:

-Players may dislike the fact that there are speed cameras and they won't be able to "race". However, this could be solved by having a road/street which is unregulated.

-Players may RTI (random ticket issue) which means players pay a fine for no reason. This could be solved by allowing the player to only fine the offender if they are not in a parking spot.
  • BlueCider
  • BlueCider's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • Posts: 185
  • Thanks received: 35
  • Karma: 2
About me

★ Ex-TTT Administrator ★
★ Ex-SSRP Administrator ★
Login or register to post a reply.

[SSRP Suggestion] New Role - Traffic Warden 6 months 3 weeks ago #1181402

who drives cars but interesting concept

:support:
  • Neilsen
  • Neilsen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Loyal Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • Posts: 6059
  • Thanks received: 676
  • Karma: -25
Former SSRP Moderator x2
Former Jailbreak Admin



My Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/zKyEHD/
Login or register to post a reply.

[SSRP Suggestion] New Role - Traffic Warden 6 months 3 weeks ago #1181410

Dumbass cops check points ate for this reason
  • A Good Pianist
  • A Good Pianist's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • A Wob A Bob Bob
  • Posts: 15000
  • Thanks received: 3866
  • Karma: 23
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sinzz

[SSRP Suggestion] New Role - Traffic Warden 6 months 3 weeks ago #1181416

This is quite an interesting idea, I think this will undoubtedly enhance the RP experience for most people. I just have a few questions and adjustments, and you can tell me what you think.

BlueCider wrote:
Suggestion Title:

New Role - Traffic Warden and [more] parking areas + speed signs, speed cameras

Implementing traffic signs as well as parking areas will be of no issue to Patrick, and it's quite simple to find them too. But my question is regarding the speed cameras, and it is: Do you have an addon for this? - Same goes for the speed gun mentioned in the quote below.

BlueCider wrote:
Another new item that only a traffic warden receives in their Hotbar is the speed gun.

BlueCider wrote:
However, if the player is caught by a speed camera, they will be also faced with a fine which they must pay for speeding.

How about we make it so it isn't mandatory for them to pay, but if they fail to do so within a specific time period, they get wanted and later pursued by the Police.


Another question about the speed camera, but is the addon gonna automatically determine if someone is driving too fast and issue the ticket itself, or are you gonna have some screens located somewhere, and do it manually?

BlueCider wrote:
Players may dislike the fact that there are speed cameras and they won't be able to "race". However, this could be solved by having a road/street which is unregulated.

What streets/districts did you have in mind?


This is what confuses me.

BlueCider wrote:
Players may RTI (random ticket issue) which means players pay a fine for no reason. This could be solved by allowing the player to only fine the offender if they are not in a parking spot.

BlueCider wrote:
Another new item that only a traffic warden receives in their Hotbar is the speed gun. The speed gun can be used to measure speeds of cars that are driving. If the speed is above the limit, the traffic warden can issue a ticket which the player must also be forced to pay the fine for. The speed limit will appear in the top right of the speed gun interface so they traffic warden know it at all times.

How can you issue a speeding fine if you mentioned in the other paragraph that to prevent RTI's that there will be a system that allows you to only ticket someone if they are not in a parking zone?


Overall I think it's a great idea, but unfortunately, drastic map adjustments would have to take place to add all those cameras, parking spots, traffic lights, traffic signs, etc, as well as a lot of coding, hence why I doubt that so much effort should be made over just one job.
  • Mr. Richard
  • Mr. Richard's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Loyal Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • "Prophunt's biggest gay" - Clarky (2019)
  • Posts: 7101
  • Thanks received: 2874
  • Karma: 120

SSRP Head Administrator
Prop Hunt Head Administrator
Global Moderator
TeamSpeak Staff
Discord Administrator
TTT Administrator
Murder Moderator
Surf Moderator


Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GregoryTWIX

[SSRP Suggestion] New Role - Traffic Warden 6 months 3 weeks ago #1181417

Mr. Richard wrote:
But my question is regarding the speed cameras, and it is: Do you have an addon for this? - Same goes for the speed gun mentioned in the quote below.
I mean even I would be able to code this
  • DANlEL
  • DANlEL's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Nitro Booster
  • Ambassador
  • ❤️terry❤️
  • Posts: 6219
  • Thanks received: 1467
  • Karma: -272
Last Edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by DANlEL.
Login or register to post a reply.

[SSRP Suggestion] New Role - Traffic Warden 6 months 3 weeks ago #1181418

Huperchild wrote:
Mr. Richard wrote:
But my question is regarding the speed cameras, and it is: Do you have an addon for this? - Same goes for the speed gun mentioned in the quote below.
I mean even I would be able to code this

Prove it.
  • Mr. Richard
  • Mr. Richard's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Loyal Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • "Prophunt's biggest gay" - Clarky (2019)
  • Posts: 7101
  • Thanks received: 2874
  • Karma: 120

SSRP Head Administrator
Prop Hunt Head Administrator
Global Moderator
TeamSpeak Staff
Discord Administrator
TTT Administrator
Murder Moderator
Surf Moderator


Login or register to post a reply.

[SSRP Suggestion] New Role - Traffic Warden 6 months 3 weeks ago #1181423

Mr. Richard wrote:
Huperchild wrote:
Mr. Richard wrote:
But my question is regarding the speed cameras, and it is: Do you have an addon for this? - Same goes for the speed gun mentioned in the quote below.
I mean even I would be able to code this

Prove it.
bet
  • DANlEL
  • DANlEL's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Nitro Booster
  • Ambassador
  • ❤️terry❤️
  • Posts: 6219
  • Thanks received: 1467
  • Karma: -272
Login or register to post a reply.

[SSRP Suggestion] New Role - Traffic Warden 6 months 3 weeks ago #1181446

I mean a decent idea but I personally dont feel it fits within zarps community
  • Markus Chellwigg
  • Markus Chellwigg's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Mythical Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • Your average shit poster.
  • Posts: 4029
  • Thanks received: 839
  • Karma: -80

Ex SSRP Admin

Ex BHOP Moderator
Community Council Creator


First Seen: May 21, 2014 6:43 PM
Login or register to post a reply.

[SSRP Suggestion] New Role - Traffic Warden 6 months 3 weeks ago #1181451

Markus Chellwigg wrote:
I mean a decent idea but I personally dont feel it fits within zarps community
Have to agree with Markus

I feel like this is bordering on serious RP which doesn't really belong in ZARP. Cop jobs at the moment can build roadblocks and pretty much what this entire job would be responsible for so I personally don't see much value in adding it
  • .uzi
  • .uzi's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Posts: 5956
  • Thanks received: 2341
  • Karma: 123
Login or register to post a reply.

[SSRP Suggestion] New Role - Traffic Warden 6 months 3 weeks ago #1181452

A nice idea, but more for a Serious RP and especially for a bigger map. Not sure if it would be used often on Downtown.

:neutralsp:
  • GregoryTWIX
  • GregoryTWIX's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Minges everywhere ...
  • Posts: 1977
  • Thanks received: 470
  • Karma: 7
Register Date: 06 Sep 2013



Login or register to post a reply.

[SSRP Suggestion] New Role - Traffic Warden 6 months 3 weeks ago #1181470

Mr. Richard wrote:
How about we make it so it isn't mandatory for them to pay, but if they fail to do so within a specific time period, they get wanted and later pursued by the Police.

:support:
  • Hiro.
  • Hiro.'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • I never had to reform.
  • Posts: 1737
  • Thanks received: 469
  • Karma: 37
SSRP Head Admin
TTT Administrator
SSRP/RA/Appeals Section Moderator
CC Member

TeamSpeak 3 Staff
Discord Admin
ex-BHOP Moderator
ex-TF2 Moderator
Login or register to post a reply.

[SSRP Suggestion] New Role - Traffic Warden 6 months 3 weeks ago #1181471

HiRo_ wrote:
Mr. Richard wrote:
How about we make it so it isn't mandatory for them to pay, but if they fail to do so within a specific time period, they get wanted and later pursued by the Police.

:support:


Surely leaving the server would reset the fine though?

If somehow it doesn't the should Add a debt collector job that has is own unique player model that is allowed to track down players with outstanding fines and beat them to a pipe with there bare hands
  • A Good Pianist
  • A Good Pianist's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • A Wob A Bob Bob
  • Posts: 15000
  • Thanks received: 3866
  • Karma: 23
Login or register to post a reply.

[SSRP Suggestion] New Role - Traffic Warden 6 months 3 weeks ago #1181472

A Good Pianist wrote:
HiRo_ wrote:
Mr. Richard wrote:
How about we make it so it isn't mandatory for them to pay, but if they fail to do so within a specific time period, they get wanted and later pursued by the Police.

:support:


Surely leaving the server would reset the fine though?

If somehow it doesn't the should Add a debt collector job that has is own unique player model that is allowed to track down players with outstanding fines and beat them to a pipe with there bare hands
:plussp:
  • DANlEL
  • DANlEL's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Nitro Booster
  • Ambassador
  • ❤️terry❤️
  • Posts: 6219
  • Thanks received: 1467
  • Karma: -272
Login or register to post a reply.
Moderators: Spectrum
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds

165 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/128
online
Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP USA
11/128
online
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
online
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
16/47
online
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT USA
0/47
online
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
4/32
online
Connect to server View Gametracker Surf
9/32
online
Connect to server View Gametracker Prop Hunt
1/42
online
Connect to server View Gametracker TeamSpeak
15/128
online
Connect to server Discord
100/∞
online
Top