Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT] Suggestion

[TTT] Suggestion 4 years 7 months ago #1164003

Suggestion Title: Harsher / more rigid warning criteria.

Server Name: Zarp TTT

How would it benefit the server: As it currently stands, the server's punishment criteria does not make much logical sense.

For an example, Mass RDM and "Regular" RDM both result in the same penalties. One is clearly worse than the other, and the punishments should reflect the gravity of the offense.
I believe that RDM should count for 1 warn and 1 autoslay (as it currently is) while Mass RDM counts for two warns (or one that counts for two?) and three autoslays.
Should a player commit Mass RDM multiple times in quick succession, it should result in an immediate short-term ban.

If there is one thing that I would immensely appreciate would be to count disrespectful / uncaring report responses to count as an additional warning.

When someone replies to an RDM report with stuff like "asdadsadssada" it is clear we are dealing with a total jackass whose idea of entertainment is to piss off an entire server. This would simply reduce the time it takes to get rid of some of the spectacularly obnoxious idiots that come to the server.

And also, hacking should be a first-offense perma-ban.

Potential Issues/Exploits: None that I could think of. Players should be notified of any change to avoid confusion, however.

Additional notes: auto shotguns are for bad players
  • Pawoss
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1
The topic has been locked.

[TTT] Suggestion 4 years 7 months ago #1164006

The hacking policy will not change. Basically, we give them another chance to turn them off and play the game properly, and it has worked with individuals in the past. If they decide to continue on hacking and get caught, its a permaban. Also, Mass RDM and regular RDM do not result in the same penalties. If you RDM, you get a warn and autoslay, if you Mass RDM, you get 3 autoslays and a warn. If you have a recent Mass RDM punishment and get another one, you get banned.
Disrespectful responses to reports can count as a warning, and uncaring responses dont really have to as it just shows the person doesn't care and makes the person dealing with the reports time much easier.
Most of the stuff you suggested already happens, so Im not sure where you are getting your information from on how we deal with rule breakers. I'm assuming you witnessed someone get 2 autoslays for Mass RDM or a disrespect in report not being punished or something.
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
  • Thanks received: 2237
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Henny.
The following user(s) said Thank You: XxmasterxX, Jim_Jam, eddie.

[TTT] Suggestion 4 years 7 months ago #1164007

1) Mass RDM is regular RDM, a warn and 2 slays is fine
2) Mass RDMing twice in quick succession does result in a ban
3) Disrespect in reports usually is punished
4) People responding with random letters are usually punished anyway, since they a) don't explain why they killed you and b) don't tell us that they're new and don't understand what to do, so we'd have to open a chat to find out what's going on, or show the same amount of effort they did and ignore their side of the story altogether
5) Hacking policy is fine as it is now, everyone deserves a second chance, and usually people realise what they're doing is wrong after the first warn/kick
  • Chespin
  • Legendary Member
  • stay outta tha fiyah
  • Thanks received: 1336
Ex-TTT Super Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Super Administrator x2
Ex-Team Fortress 2 Super Administrator
Ex-TTT Administrator x3
Ex-Community Council Member
Ex-Server Applications Forum Mod

[TTT] Suggestion 4 years 7 months ago #1164009

Pretty much everything you suggested already takes place on the server, I know I punish in that way and most other staff members seem to.
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

[TTT] Suggestion 4 years 7 months ago #1164010

Just ban for first offence of deliberate mass rdm, if they don’t want to play by the rules then they can fuck off
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2621

Legendary Member

[TTT] Suggestion 4 years 6 months ago #1164207

Most of the things here are already in place, and others have said pretty much everything.

Mass RDMers are warned and given 3 aslays whereas RDMers are given a warn and 1 aslay. When looking at a players recent punishments we see Mass RDM as a more severe rulebreak meaning it has a big impact on whether a player will be banned or not, and the length of the ban. Mass RDMers have been given 1 warn since the server started and we will not be changing that now, what we are doing now works well. Players that mass RDM over multiple rounds should be banned.

Disrespect in reports is something that is already punished for and the player should be punished by the staff member handling that specific report.

Finally, the hacking policy will not be changed. You can familiarlise yourself with it here. To sum it up, we need to kick/warn the hacker first to give them a chance to turn of their cheats and play fairly. If they re-connect and are still cheating they are then permanently banned from the server.

Hopefully this and the other responses have cleared things up. If you have any further questions you can message me on steam or contact a LT member, I'm sure they'd be happy to help.

#Denied

• Jim_Jam
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3491
The following user(s) said Thank You: eddie., Henny
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds

156 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1