Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT] Suggestion - T/D Passes for RDM Victims.

[TTT] Suggestion - T/D Passes for RDM Victims. 5 years 1 month ago #1152420

Server Name:
TTT S1

(soon to be S2 as well!)

Suggestion Title:
Give victims of RDM that lost their T/D round a free T/D pass they can use whenever they want

How would it benefit the server:
RDM is very common on TTT, people have lost countless rounds because of it and I believe that simply punishing the accused doesn't benefit the victim at all, it only leaves both the punished and the victim in a bad mood. So why not give free T/D passes to people that get RDMed on their T/D round? You can agree with me, it is painful to die at the start of your new T round and since we just got a feature of T/D passes that drop from cases, I think they should be used in a better, less-RNG way (although getting RDMed IS sort of RNG). Now that I think about it, it may be a little difficult to implement this feature (maybe get a button that gives the victim the pass and select T or D just like you select whether to add slays and how many?) but it is DEFINITELY worth it, imagine all the happy looks on people that just got killed for no reason and you tell them that they can still restore their lost round!

Potential Issues/Exploits:
Not many that I can think of, maybe staff giving these passes to everyone? We're gonna need a new staff ethos on when it is acceptable to give these passes though.
And maybe people abusing this and getting RDMed on purpose? Probably not, because I think only T/D's that get RDMed should get the passes, and I mean JUST RDM.

Additional notes:
nein
Tell me what you think in the comments!
  • Davidov007
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expect me to write, a lot.
  • Thanks received: 756
♠ Ex-TTT Head Administrator ♠

The topic has been locked.

[TTT] Suggestion - T/D Passes for RDM Victims. 5 years 1 month ago #1152426

I don’t think staff should have the power to give our these passes, especially because of how rare they are.
  • Jim_Jam
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3490

[TTT] Suggestion - T/D Passes for RDM Victims. 5 years 1 month ago #1152428

Jim_Jam wrote:
I don’t think staff should have the power to give our these passes, especially because of how rare they are.
I get that they're rare, but isn't it better to have more people that are pleased with the server? And maybe we should restrict the ability to give these passes to Admin+ or SA+, I hate seeing people get RDMed because the only thing they can do is report someone and get them punished, which doesn't help anyone. These passes are an opportunity to improve the quality of the server.
  • Davidov007
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expect me to write, a lot.
  • Thanks received: 756
♠ Ex-TTT Head Administrator ♠

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim_Jam

[TTT] Suggestion - T/D Passes for RDM Victims. 5 years 1 month ago #1152433

My biggest concern with this suggestion is not only giving people the ability to spawn in items, of which, is restricted usually to the Community Team; this imposes quite a significant security risk for us as we do not want to open up such a feature to a wider space of users who may not be as trusted.

Apart from that, we don’t refund users if they lost items as a result of a rulebreak, so we would be blurring that line by allowing this to happen.
  • .uzi
  • Former Community Manager
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2443
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim_Jam, TheXnator, Davidov007

[TTT] Suggestion - T/D Passes for RDM Victims. 5 years 1 month ago #1152437

This is not something that is going to happen, much like how users are not refunded for RDM on SSRP when they lose items.
Staff members should be punishing users who break rules and RDM people, and other than that, there's not a lot else that can be done.

#Denied
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4292
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
The following user(s) said Thank You: .uzi, Davidov007
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds