Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SSRP Economy and complete reset

SSRP Economy and complete reset 5 years 2 months ago #1149292

Server Name: DarkRP 1/2/3

Suggestion Title: Complete Reset Of Zarp SSRP Servers

How would it benefit the server: Many of you may know me as Jacko or AngryMelon if you are an OG, I know that this has been suggested before but i would like to bring it back, It pains me to say that ZARP as a member of the community for multiple years is dead, take offence to that i don't care but i'm just stating facts. As of right now SSRP 1 has 0 players online and SSRP 2 has 2 players online baring in mind ZARP used to hit 70 players daily consistently. This will bring back the old players if the server resets as i know the majority of them left due to economy being broke however it will also bring in the new players.
The economy is entirely broke i would like to revert to the times were 25 million was a lot of cash but now people have 100 billion and multiple suits which are also very broken and in my opinion do an injustice to the entire server. The server has 0 players because its generally boring, its important to work torwards something but everyone has everything.

Updates should be implemented regularly again it was exciting at Halloween or summer grinding for gems and trying to reserve your spot in the server as it was full and couldn't get in due to all the hyper.

Potential Issues/Exploits: People that have payed IRL money into the server for booster packs, people will lose out on their 42 billion hard earned cash on the server but i think we should be thinking about the community as a whole rather than 1 rich player who is bored because they have everything anyway. Booster packs could remain valid for the amount they brought.

This would be hard to implement and its not guaranteed that it will work however i think its worth a try due to the fact there is literally no players on the server right now.

Additional notes: Let me know what you think, i havent seen ZARP in such a bad way in the 5 years i have been playing ( i also quit around a year ago but i want to be able to play with the community again)
#MAKEZARPGREATAGAIN

P.S if you take offence to anything i have said im just stating the obvious and facts.
:zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp:
  • Jacko
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 30
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denis, CBT

SSRP Economy and complete reset 5 years 2 months ago #1149300

We have a lot of plans currently which we hope will serve to bring back a lot of old players and/or bring in a lot of new players. Recently, we've been doing research into other servers which have overtaken ZARP over the years in order to work out exactly what is bring done differently here and there.

Based on what we've found, we've made plans for potential changes with the community itself which will hopefully solve the issues and, on top of that, the SSRP Summer Update is coming soon. Consistent seasonal updates are still a thing, even if a couple were missed last year. A lot of work has gone into this one especially, so be on the look out for it.

A reset of the server / economy shouldn't be necessary. The economy scales itself dependant upon how much people have, as people sell for more and earn more. The only concern would be for new players who start with a small amount of money and are unable to afford things from shops, however there are several ways for them to earn money given enough grinding (mining, printing and even drugs (drug labs and plants, drug labs actually being pretty profitable nowadays)). Changes were also made on the server a couple of months ago scaling the amount people spend on printers and other resources based on how much they have, which has also proven to help a little with this issue.

A lot of people do suggest a reset of the economy, and you're not wrong when you say that the playercount has gone down a lot, but that's why we're trying out hardest at the moment to do what we can to bring it back up. A reset of the economy is something that we absolutely do not want to happen, so the best course of action is to do everything we can to avoid that, whilst there is also the concern that a lot of current players would leave due to a reset and new players are not guaranteed to take their places.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4292
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022

SSRP Economy and complete reset 5 years 2 months ago #1149304

Chuteuk wrote:
Unfortunately because ZARP operates a unique virtual economy system, unlike other servers we are not able to "reset" the economy. The economy will never be reset.
  • Mr. Richard
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5446

SSRP Economy and complete reset 5 years 2 months ago #1149305

TheXnator wrote:
The only concern would be for new players who start with a small amount of money and are unable to afford things from shops, however there are several ways for them to earn money given enough grinding (mining, printing and even drugs (drug labs and plants, drug labs actually being pretty profitable nowadays)).
New players will definitely get raided by someone, it's close to being impossible to start as a new player. Unless they have protection/help from an experienced player. I started last week and its really tough but luckily there are many nice people who have helped me.
  • finlay
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 197

SSRP Economy and complete reset 5 years 2 months ago #1149306

A reset of the server / economy shouldn't be necessary. The economy scales itself dependant upon how much people have, as people sell for more and earn more. The only concern would be for new players who start with a small amount of money and are unable to afford things from shops, however there are several ways for them to earn money given enough grinding (mining, printing and even drugs (drug labs and plants, drug labs actually being pretty profitable nowadays)).

I understand your points and the main concern for me is also the new players as well as the people that have no money at all, If you have no money or your a new player and you make a base its going to get destroyed in the first 5 minutes my someone will 70 bil with a golden gjug suit firing at your base with a golden m202 its just broken and players like me and new players will find it impossilbe to make a base to make money in the first place.
-Thanks for your response ;D
  • Jacko
  • Senior Boarder
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheXnator

SSRP Economy and complete reset 5 years 2 months ago #1149307

Richard Pinewood wrote:
Chuteuk wrote:
Unfortunately because ZARP operates a unique virtual economy system, unlike other servers we are not able to "reset" the economy. The economy will never be reset.

Im pretty certain there are alternate economy systems in which will be better for ZARP overall, come on man its broken
  • Jacko
  • Senior Boarder

SSRP Economy and complete reset 5 years 2 months ago #1149308

finlay wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
The only concern would be for new players who start with a small amount of money and are unable to afford things from shops, however there are several ways for them to earn money given enough grinding (mining, printing and even drugs (drug labs and plants, drug labs actually being pretty profitable nowadays)).
New players will definitely get raided by someone, it's close to being impossible to start as a new player. Unless they have protection/help from an experienced player. I started last week and its really tough but luckily there are many nice people who have helped me.

Completely agree with you, its near enough impossible
  • Jacko
  • Senior Boarder

SSRP Economy and complete reset 5 years 2 months ago #1149310

They all laughed at me.....

zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/server-is...6330-ssrp-suggestion
Many people have made suggestions on this! and they all basically got told to fuck off
  • .Ryan
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 125
ex (Bhop) Admin
ex (Dark rp) Admin
ex (CSGO) Admin
ex (Minecraft) Mod

SSRP Economy and complete reset 5 years 2 months ago #1149318

"We have new plans that will bring players back"

I mean if you would've listened to the old players that wanted a hard reset ages ago, we wouldn't be in this position
  • rroobbiinn10xx
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Zwarte piet is not racist
  • Thanks received: 1732
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jabbee, Wonky, Denis

SSRP Economy and complete reset 5 years 2 months ago #1149319

No thanks, never going to happen.
  • Markus
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1634
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

SSRP Economy and complete reset 5 years 2 months ago #1149321

The playerbase hasn't just " gone down a lot ". The playerbase was in that state 3+ months ago when it had an average of 25-30 players.
Now your playerbase is gone. Im afraid it's pretty much too late for any sort of " update " to bring back players unless it's a massive revamp or something completly new and not just another gimmick case with a bunch of items.
  • Jool
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Supreme Leader Of All Zarp Related Things
  • Thanks received: 774

SSRP Economy and complete reset 5 years 2 months ago #1149349

Jool wrote:
The playerbase hasn't just " gone down a lot ". The playerbase was in that state 3+ months ago when it had an average of 25-30 players.
Now your playerbase is gone. Im afraid it's pretty much too late for any sort of " update " to bring back players unless it's a massive revamp or something completly new and not just another gimmick case with a bunch of items.

yeah its sad considering nothing will be done to even try anyway
  • Jacko
  • Senior Boarder

SSRP Economy and complete reset 5 years 2 months ago #1149350

.Ryan wrote:
They all laughed at me.....

zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/server-is...6330-ssrp-suggestion
Many people have made suggestions on this! and they all basically got told to fuck off

Totally agree with you i have agreed with anyone who has said this since 2017
  • Jacko
  • Senior Boarder

SSRP Economy and complete reset 5 years 2 months ago #1149351

Markus Chellwigg wrote:

Well have fun on a server where you have 52 billion and your the only player on it.
  • Jacko
  • Senior Boarder

SSRP Economy and complete reset 5 years 2 months ago #1149352

Junrey Balawing wrote:
"We have new plans that will bring players back"

I mean if you would've listened to the old players that wanted a hard reset ages ago, we wouldn't be in this position

Yeah i have been saying it since 2017 and everyone thought i was a cunt but now look, i saw this coming a mile off
  • Jacko
  • Senior Boarder

SSRP Economy and complete reset 5 years 2 months ago #1149429

Markus Chellwigg wrote:

0 players
Server has hit rock bottom
Is it that your rich and just selfish dont wanna lose out on what you currently have?
  • Jacko
  • Senior Boarder

SSRP Economy and complete reset 5 years 2 months ago #1149433

It needs it. The update isn't going to keep everyone back. We need a overhaul and a reset. You can't start out to someone in a suit and gluon blasting your base to ashes.
  • Patriot
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Freedom is the sovereign right of every American.
  • Thanks received: 283

SSRP Economy and complete reset 5 years 2 months ago #1149456

Patriot wrote:
It needs it. The update isn't going to keep everyone back. We need a overhaul and a reset. You can't start out to someone in a suit and gluon blasting your base to ashes.

Yeah i totally agree with you shit like that completely ruins the motive of the game and server
  • Jacko
  • Senior Boarder

SSRP Economy and complete reset 5 years 2 months ago #1149459

TheXnator wrote:
We have a lot of plans currently which we hope will serve to bring back a lot of old players and/or bring in a lot of new players. Recently, we've been doing research into other servers which have overtaken ZARP over the years in order to work out exactly what is bring done differently here and there.

Based on what we've found, we've made plans for potential changes with the community itself which will hopefully solve the issues and, on top of that, the SSRP Summer Update is coming soon. Consistent seasonal updates are still a thing, even if a couple were missed last year. A lot of work has gone into this one especially, so be on the look out for it.

A reset of the server / economy shouldn't be necessary. The economy scales itself dependant upon how much people have, as people sell for more and earn more. The only concern would be for new players who start with a small amount of money and are unable to afford things from shops, however there are several ways for them to earn money given enough grinding (mining, printing and even drugs (drug labs and plants, drug labs actually being pretty profitable nowadays)). Changes were also made on the server a couple of months ago scaling the amount people spend on printers and other resources based on how much they have, which has also proven to help a little with this issue.

A lot of people do suggest a reset of the economy, and you're not wrong when you say that the playercount has gone down a lot, but that's why we're trying out hardest at the moment to do what we can to bring it back up. A reset of the economy is something that we absolutely do not want to happen, so the best course of action is to do everything we can to avoid that, whilst there is also the concern that a lot of current players would leave due to a reset and new players are not guaranteed to take their places.
if you want to bring back old players make a legacy server
  • Spicy
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1069
♿JAYHOUSE BEST GANG♿
Ex-SSRP Super Administrator
Ex-Prophunt Administrator
Ex-Murder Moderator
Ex-Bhop Moderator
Ex-TTT Moderator
Ex-Teamspeak Staff
Ex-Wiki Contributor
Kapi,Clarky,Blockedass,Corgi,Getzco,,Dady SORLE! ! ! !!!! ! ! ! NAREXA !

SSRP Economy and complete reset 5 years 2 months ago #1149466

Wishfull thinking buddy
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4708
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nate, Spicy
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds