Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Revive SSRP

Revive SSRP 4 years 9 months ago #1142286

Server Name: SSRP

Suggestion Title: Unban everyone who has been banned for over a year

How would it benefit the server:
I think we are losing more players than we are actually gaining them, so therefor we have to do something to gain players back.
I dont see any benefit to not unban players that have been perm banned for over a year.

Potential Issues/Exploits:

They might cause trouble again, if that happens we just reban those who do not obey the rules..
  • TrixX
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Muslamic Vision
  • Thanks received: 284
Login or register to post a reply.

Revive SSRP 4 years 9 months ago #1142287

Unban Purge? Good idea.

:plussp:
  • ibraaa
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thanks received: 252

Revive SSRP 4 years 9 months ago #1142290

Huperchild wrote:
No? People who want to come back will make an appeal, and if they aren't going to cause any trouble, then their appeals are going to be accepted.
This can be locked.
Who the fuck are you little shit to say „this can be locked“. You don’t even fucking decide the outcome of this, nor you have any rank holding.
  • ibraaa
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thanks received: 252
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by ibraaa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TrixX

Revive SSRP 4 years 9 months ago #1142292

Huperchild wrote:
No? People who want to come back will make an appeal, and if they aren't going to cause any trouble, then their appeals are going to be accepted.

dis ken bi lokd

How about people who cant be asked to make an appeal, people who have been perma banned since 2017..
If they could get a chance to experience the new changes and updates they might enjoy it and decide to stay.
For example i was banned on nrgaming for minging and they recently unbanned me and i really liked the changes they did and i pretty much play it daily.
  • TrixX
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Muslamic Vision

Revive SSRP 4 years 9 months ago #1142296

How about just make 1 server instead of 3, bring back one of the old maps and remove all OP new shit.
  • OG Dylan
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Vanilla servers pls
  • Thanks received: 183
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blocked

Revive SSRP 4 years 9 months ago #1142303

No, certainly a bad idea.
If you've caused enough trouble to get permanently banned you should appeal it, your argument of "people who can't be bothered to appeal it" will most likely not be bothered to play SSRP in the first place so that just doesn't make any sense.
  • EiPUS
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Slip Inside The Eye Of Your Mind
  • Thanks received: 2035
Ex. SSRP Super Administrator
Ex. Forum Global Moderator
Ex. BHOP Administrator
Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Discord staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: narexa, Denis, JAEGERMEISTER, CBT

Revive SSRP 4 years 9 months ago #1142305

Huperchild wrote:
Trixter wrote:
Huperchild wrote:

dis ken bi lokd

How about people who cant be asked to make an appeal, people who have been perma banned since 2017..
If they could get a chance to experience the new changes and updates they might enjoy it and decide to stay.
For example i was banned on nrgaming for minging and they recently unbanned me and i really liked the changes they did and i pretty much play it daily.
If someone actually wants to play again, they will take their 5 minutes to make an appeal.

Maby they had bad experience in the pas and think its the same so therefor cant be asked?
We are talking about hundreds of players, there is literally no benefit to keeping them still perma banned.
  • TrixX
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Muslamic Vision

Revive SSRP 4 years 9 months ago #1142306

Just appeal the ban
  • maybedovahkitty
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Бог мертв
  • Thanks received: 1226
Most people are searching for happiness. They’re looking for it. They’re trying to find it in someone or something outside of themselves. That’s a fundamental mistake. Happiness is something that you are, and it comes from the way you think.

Revive SSRP 4 years 9 months ago #1142309

good idea men unban kryptic men
  • sinzz
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ! The New Sinz !
  • Thanks received: 2474

Revive SSRP 4 years 9 months ago #1142310

Ive spoken about this before with other staff members, remember before the ethos was properly introduced, alot of those players from that time could possibly have unfair or extreme bans, removing some older bans that are either 1. Exaggerated or 2. Incredibly old could bring in some older players
  • Markus
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1638
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

Revive SSRP 4 years 9 months ago #1142311

Horrendous idea - This would cause more damage than doing any good.
  • Mr. Richard
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5419

Revive SSRP 4 years 9 months ago #1142331

Huperchild wrote:
ibraaa wrote:
Huperchild wrote:
This can be locked.
Who the fuck are you little shit to say „this can be locked“ she. You don’t even fucking decide the outcome of this.
I am Huperchild to say this can be locked. Because it will be locked. Because staff is smart and have the same opinion. Because this idea is dumb.
And who are you to say this thread on ZARP GAMING FORUM is unable to be locked?

Bold of you to assume staff members on SSRP are actually smart! Our collective IQ doesn't even amount to two digits!

OT: If we want to do a ban "purge" we should definitely make sure there is a more specific criterion to ensure that we aren't banning everyone regardless of their ban reason. I'd say we could increase the minimum time of a ban to somewhere around 18 months. Then we look at the ban reasons and see if it's something that is likely to persist or not. For instance, if someone has multiple and perpetual (re-)bans on Mass-RDM, it's better if they appeal themselves. Other types of bans like scamming bans could be removed after a certain period of time (in this concept, ~18 months). Especially if they don't follow the correct format (e.x: Ban reason: "Scamming", and not "Scammed (x) for (y)")

With all this being said, I don't necessarily want a ban purge to occur so this is just my own input on how to improve the suggestion itself. I am not agreeing to a ban purge just yet.
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Dreamy, Amazing, Radiant, Knowledgable
  • Thanks received: 500

Ex. Community Council Member
Ex. SSRP Super Administrator
Ex. Discord Administrator
Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend

Revive SSRP 4 years 9 months ago #1142338

The thing is that players are leaving due to their friends not playing or either getting bored..
At this point we are losing instead of gaining therefor we have to take some kind of action to prevent that.
This is one of some suggestions that we could try atleast give it a chance.
Everyone has his own opinion but not supporting someones idea just beceause you think its a bad idea wont get us anywhere, this could be a bad idea or a good idea you never know so therefor we can give it a chance to see how it works out..
  • TrixX
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Muslamic Vision
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by TrixX.

Revive SSRP 4 years 9 months ago #1142339

The server has good content the updates are amazing, but what is the point of having updates if players dont have anyone to enjoy it with..
Almost all my friends have quit ssrp and im really bored of it, but its sad to see how we cant reach 15 players.
So the main focus should be on how to gain players how to get the old players back.
  • TrixX
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Muslamic Vision

Revive SSRP 4 years 9 months ago #1142348

:support: ssrp is dead af rn
  • yisyas
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 456

Revive SSRP 4 years 9 months ago #1142349

I mean, they were permabanned for a reason. I highly doubt a mass unban of people permabanned will fix much, and most of these people, as they won't even appeal, will most likely just get banned again.
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
  • Thanks received: 2237
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Henny.

Revive SSRP 4 years 9 months ago #1142350

The only way reset zarp economy.
  • Nunu
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 50

Coinflip Master

Revive SSRP 4 years 9 months ago #1142364

Trixter wrote:
The server has good content the updates are amazing, but what is the point of having updates if players dont have anyone to enjoy it with..
Almost all my friends have quit ssrp and im really bored of it, but its sad to see how we cant reach 15 players.
So the main focus should be on how to gain players how to get the old players back.

All those people who got perma banned have been banned for a reason. If they hacked, mass abused as staff etc, why would anyone let them play again without appealing? If they don't appeal and want to play again, they're just going to break rules and get banned again.
The only way to get players back is to nerd the current items and not bring new overpowered items aswell as double boosters and 4 cases a boosterpack or something stupid.
  • Ezeh
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • A wild fox
  • Thanks received: 1395
Former ranks;
SSRP Super Administrator
TF2 Super Admin
Teamspeak Staff
Discord Administrator
Appeals/RA Section Forum Moderator
Deathrun Administrator

Need to contact me? Click here!
Ezeh#4745

Revive SSRP 4 years 9 months ago #1142366

Ezehzz wrote:
Trixter wrote:

All those people who got perma banned have been banned for a reason. If they hacked, mass abused as staff etc, why would anyone let them play again without appealing? If they don't appeal and want to play again, they're just going to break rules and get banned again.
The only way to get players back is to nerd the current items and not bring new overpowered items aswell as double boosters and 4 cases a boosterpack or something stupid.
In my response the idea of users who were banned for reasons not deserving of long or perm bans should be reduced / removed.
  • Markus
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1638
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

Revive SSRP 4 years 9 months ago #1142367

Ezehzz wrote:
Trixter wrote:

Items and cash wise, the server seems to be beyond fixing no matter what nerf is thrown at all the overpowered shit in my eyes
  • Micky
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 7912
The following user(s) said Thank You: schnitzel nazi
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

139 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127