Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP] Removal and/or editing of rules.

[SSRP] Removal and/or editing of rules. 5 years 4 months ago #1122523

Server Name:

SSRP Rules.

Suggestion Title:

Removal and/or editing of rules.

How would it benefit the server:

The rules would be more understandable.

Potential Issues/Exploits:

None that I can see.

Additional notes:

"
3.1a CDM Server 1 - You should actively avoid hitting players with your vehicle, this includes all areas of the map.

3.1b CDM Server 2 & 3 - You should actively avoid hitting players unless they are on the road.

3.3 Vehicle Collisions - If you get damaged as a result of getting hit by a car then you must warn the member using "/me" for example "/me watch where you are going or you will be killed next time!"

1.8 Sale of In Game Items - Other than for VIP and Booster Packs the sale or trade of in-game items or currency for items or money outside the server is prohibited. Games gained from steam cases may be traded prior to being redeemed.
"

[Removal of 3.1a, 3.1b, and 3.3] 3.1a, 3.1b, and 3.3 are irrelevant now that you can't CDM anymore.

[Editing of 1.8] I broke this rule because as I understood it you were strictly prohibited from selling or trading in-game items for money or services outside the server. I didn't think it was prohibited to purchase because of the way it was written. So I believe it should be edited to the following: "1.8 Sale/Purchase of In Game Items - Other than for VIP and Booster Packs the sale/purchase or trade of in-game items or currency for items or money outside the server is prohibited. Games gained from steam cases may be traded prior to being redeemed." so others don't do the same mistake. I admit it was kinda stupid to not realize it.
  • CBT
  • User is blocked
  • Thanks received: 75
-Calvin Johnson
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP] Removal and/or editing of rules. 5 years 4 months ago #1122524

You can still damage people with cars. IIRC it will only do armour damage which you can still retaliate to. We already discussed this and decided to keep the rules in place for that reason alone.

As for out-of-game trading: “sale” doesn’t explicitly mean you’ll only be banned for selling the items. A “sale” means a party or parties exchange goods for currency in return. As a (potential) buyer of in-game items, you are participating in a “sale” and can be punished for doing so. I don’t mind rewording it but it’s quite clear already in my opinion.
  • .uzi
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2443

[SSRP] Removal and/or editing of rules. 5 years 4 months ago #1122528

.uzi wrote:
You can still damage people with cars. IIRC it will only do armour damage which you can still retaliate to. We already discussed this and decided to keep the rules in place for that reason alone.

As for out-of-game trading: “sale” doesn’t explicitly mean you’ll only be banned for selling the items. A “sale” means a party or parties exchange goods for currency in return. As a (potential) buyer of in-game items, you are participating in a “sale” and can be punished for doing so. I don’t mind rewording it but it’s quite clear already in my opinion.

What uzi said.

It wouldn't be a problem adding a few words to the 1.8 rule to make it more clear but IMO i see it unnecessary. As for the 3.1a and 3.1b and 3.3 rules, it was already determined to leave them as they are.
  • Mr. Richard
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5446
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Mr. Richard.

[SSRP] Removal and/or editing of rules. 5 years 4 months ago #1122529

.uzi wrote:

As for the CDM rules, I was not aware of that, thanks for your input.
But for the out of game rules, I had trouble understanding it because of how it was worded. I thought it was only prohibited to sell but not punishable to purchase (Sorta like how a minor can attempt to purchase 18+ stuff from the store and not get punished but the store will receive a large fine if they sell to minors). Rewording it wouldn't be harmful in any way and would in the least make it a bit clearer.
  • CBT
  • User is blocked
  • Thanks received: 75
-Calvin Johnson

[SSRP] Removal and/or editing of rules. 5 years 4 months ago #1126250

I'll suggest these rule changes in the next lead team meeting and let you know what the verdict is.
  • .uzi
  • Foos yer doos?

[SSRP] Removal and/or editing of rules. 5 years 4 months ago #1127368

#Denied

We will not be removing the CDM rules and have rejected your suggestion to re-word rule 1.8.

Thanks for making your suggestions.
  • .uzi
  • Foos yer doos?
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by .uzi.
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds

278 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
16/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
3/32