Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP] Gang leaderboard tiers

[SSRP] Gang leaderboard tiers 5 years 3 days ago #1097950

Server Name: SSRP

Suggestion Title: Gang leaderboard tiers

How would it benefit the server: Would make the gang leaderboard more competitive rather than just being based on factors such as gang loot, gang cash etc. Gangs that wanted to remain in high tiers/rankings would have to be active and participate in gang activities in order to keep their 'rating' high.

Potential Issues/Exploits: Would require a great deal of implementation and testing to ensure the ELO algorithm was fair and was accurate to the extent of successful gang activities completed.

Additional notes:

The gang leaderboard is quite basic, afaik, you only need the most gang cash and loot to get to the top rankings.

My suggestion would be to implement an ELO system that would allow gangs to climb in and out of 'tiers' that reflect how successful they are as a gang. Games such as DOTA 2, League, Overwatch and CSGO use ranking systems of a similar concept to calculate your appropriate "skill group" depending on your individual player performance.

Granted, the previously mentioned games use ELO algorithms to measure your individual skill. The problem with measuring it on a gang scale would mean the ranking is always somewhat diluted and won't reflect the actual performance on a per-player basis.

As I've currently envisioned it, a gang can increase their rating by: successfully nuking, successfully stopping a nuke, destroying other gang's drug labs/printers and successfully raiding the bank (if you have any more suggestions, post a reply)!

A gang's rating will decrease if: they fail to launch a nuke, they have their printers/drug labs destroyed by another player, fail a bank raid

The area I'm more tentative about is whether or not to add tiers, for example, Overwatch's Grant Master, Master, Diamond tiers etc or stick to just numerical based positions on the leaderboard.
  • .uzi
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2440
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP] Gang leaderboard tiers 5 years 3 days ago #1097984

Seems like way too much of a hassle to code something like that. Also there's more than enough shit talking by inferior gangs with fucktons of items anyways, it'd just increase it.
  • Sam the Sausage
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • jutzu
  • Thanks received: 1636

[SSRP] Gang leaderboard tiers 5 years 3 days ago #1097987

Sam the Sausage wrote:
Seems like way too much of a hassle to code something like that. Also there's more than enough shit talking by inferior gangs with fucktons of items anyways, it'd just increase it.
At the end of the day, a gang with items but a shit rating would just be all bark no bite tbf.
  • .uzi
  • Foos yer doos?

[SSRP] Gang leaderboard tiers 5 years 3 days ago #1098004

The best way I could think of doing this would make a 1v1 arena and only base it off certain scenarios. There would be no "unfair" item complaints then
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3800

[SSRP] Gang leaderboard tiers 5 years 3 days ago #1098005

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
The best way I could think of doing this would make a 1v1 arena and only base it off certain scenarios. There would be no "unfair" item complaints then
Good point, you could have a gang war event or something similar where it's 5v5 PSGs only for example

It'd be a lot easier for people to abuse it by farming things like blowing up nukes etc
  • .uzi
  • Foos yer doos?

[SSRP] Gang leaderboard tiers 4 years 11 months ago #1111711

I guess done (uzi you can unlock if you feel like this wasn't done)
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3800
The following user(s) said Thank You: .uzi
Moderators: Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds

284 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
18/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun