Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP] - New character upgrade suggestion

[SSRP] - New character upgrade suggestion 5 years 1 month ago #1091627

Server Name: SSRP

Suggestion Title: New character upgrade - Reduced Suit cooldown

How would it benefit the server: Reducing the downtime between equipping/dequipping suits in raids. Which would mean more time spent using the most fun Items in the game.

Potential Issues/Exploits: No idea, let me know if u think there would be any.

Additional notes: Icon could just be an outline of a jugg suit with a clock next to it. just a thought.
  • conor.martin838
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex TTT Staff
  • Thanks received: 46
fastdl.friendlyplayers.com/siggen/darkrpbase/76561198435750578.png
Login or register to post a reply.

[SSRP] - New character upgrade suggestion 5 years 1 month ago #1091631

No. We need to make using suits riskier rather than making them easier to use.

EDIT:

Personally, I feel it's too easy to back out of using a suit. This means people can make silly mistakes in raids/fights without too much of a penalty because they can instantly unequip their suit. I'd like to see an adjustment to suits that would *force* you to think about how much value there is in equipping a suit at any particular time in combat.

For example: I am defending an ele nuke with a few other people, as the 'gatekeeper', if you will, I hunker down by the main entrance with a jugg suit and some special. I can defend the entrance for quite some time due to my large health/armour pool. Once I start noticing my health gets low I should have to say to the other people nuking: "I'm low HP, I need to pull back and unequip my jugg".

I'm not a huge fan of using suits regularly. I don't have a lot to spare but I'm also very resourceful with my items. I reckon that's where my opinion on the matter is source from.
  • .uzi
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2441
Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by .uzi.

[SSRP] - New character upgrade suggestion 5 years 1 month ago #1091632

.uzi wrote:

EDIT:

Personally, I feel it's too easy to back out of using a suit. This means people can make silly mistakes in raids/fights without too much of a penalty because they can instantly unequip their suit. I'd like to see an adjustment to suits that would *force* you to think about how much value there is in equipping a suit at any particular time in combat.

For example: I am defending an ele nuke with a few other people, as the 'gatekeeper', if you will, I hunker down by the main entrance with a jugg suit and some special. I can defend the entrance for quite some time due to my large health/armour pool. Once I start noticing my health gets low I should have to say to the other people nuking: "I'm low HP, I need to pull back and unequip my jugg".

I'm not a huge fan of using suits regularly. I don't have a lot to spare but I'm also very resourceful with my items. I reckon that's where my opinion on the matter is source from.
Good point, thanks :clap:
  • conor.martin838
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex TTT Staff
  • Thanks received: 46
fastdl.friendlyplayers.com/siggen/darkrpbase/76561198435750578.png

[SSRP] - New character upgrade suggestion 5 years 1 month ago #1091679

.uzi wrote:

EDIT:

adding to this: how bout a unequip timer? make it only 5 seconds long, but long enough to make all the difference
There is nothing more valuable in a difficult time than buckwheat. Granular gold, food of the gods.

[SSRP] - New character upgrade suggestion 5 years 1 month ago #1091696

Haunted_Pizza wrote:
.uzi wrote:

EDIT:

adding to this: how bout a unequip timer? make it only 5 seconds long, but long enough to make all the difference

That's something I've discussed already with other LT members. I'm pretty sure DEADMONSTOR has plans already though.
  • .uzi
  • Foos yer doos?

[SSRP] - New character upgrade suggestion 5 years 1 month ago #1091744

.uzi wrote:
Haunted_Pizza wrote:
.uzi wrote:

EDIT:

That's something I've discussed already with other LT members. I'm pretty sure DEADMONSTOR has plans already though.
Nice!
There is nothing more valuable in a difficult time than buckwheat. Granular gold, food of the gods.

[SSRP] - New character upgrade suggestion 5 years 1 month ago #1091747

Haunted_Pizza wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Haunted_Pizza wrote:
.uzi wrote:

EDIT:

Nice!

:thinking: RIPs would be way easier though and you would have to predict when to de-equip your suits which sounds pretty stupid ngl..
  • AlphaLyle
  • Gold Boarder
  • |-Alpha-|
  • Thanks received: 281
you were expecting a signature, too bad.

西兰花共同拥有者

[SSRP] - New character upgrade suggestion 5 years 1 month ago #1091748

AlphaLyle wrote:
Haunted_Pizza wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Haunted_Pizza wrote:
.uzi wrote:

EDIT:

Nice!

:thinking: RIPs would be way easier though and you would have to predict when to de-equip your suits which sounds pretty stupid ngl..

That's the point... you'd need to use your suit(s) conservatively.
  • .uzi
  • Foos yer doos?

[SSRP] - New character upgrade suggestion 5 years 1 month ago #1091758

.uzi wrote:
AlphaLyle wrote:
Haunted_Pizza wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Haunted_Pizza wrote:
.uzi wrote:

EDIT:

Nice!

That's the point... you'd need to use your suit(s) conservatively.

That just gives an excuse for more "filler updates" (The updates where nothing new is introduced)
  • AlphaLyle
  • Gold Boarder
  • |-Alpha-|
  • Thanks received: 281
you were expecting a signature, too bad.

西兰花共同拥有者
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds

262 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
12/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop