Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT] Suggestions

A few suggestions having been playing a while 5 years 2 months ago #1087400

I have just a few suggestions that I would love to see done to make the server a bit nicer to be on

1. The first is that it'd be cool to be able to see in the report menu if the user had your DNA - when someone with DNA kills you, you often don't know and so it may seem like RDM. An indicator showing if they had DNA would reduce the number of reports being sent around
  2. The second, on the topic of reports again, is that it would be cool if you could see previous reports in a tab under the !report menu so that you could see if your reports have been acted on and what the outcome of them was
  3. The third is that it would be nice to be have a message command available to discuss reports with moderators so that it isn't all in the public chat which could lead to drama
  4. The fourth is that I feel there should be more distinction in chat between dead and alive players when spectating, currently it isn't very obvious and this can get confusing

:)
  • MattIPv4
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by MattIPv4.
Login or register to post a reply.

A few suggestions having been playing a while 5 years 2 months ago #1087404

I'll just respond to your second and third suggestions now and let House decide on the other two
For the reports, they are removed when marked as complete due to potential performance issues, and you don't have to use public chat to speak with staff - Staff members can privately message you, and all users can send a message to staff by prefixing a message with '@' (Admin Chat)
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022

A few suggestions having been playing a while 5 years 2 months ago #1087418

MattIPv4 wrote:
  1. The first is that it'd be cool to be able to see in the report menu if the user had your DNA - when someone with DNA kills you, you often don't know and so it may seem like RDM. An indicator showing if they had DNA would reduce the number of reports being sent around

This is a pretty good idea, but we do have that, basically when a player picks up DNA it says in the logs they collected it

Players themselves usually report other players when they've been killed, not after they view the logs and see why, so it wouldn't help in that way, although I do agree it would be useful for the server logs.

For example if the person dies "username killed xyz and had DNA on them" if they did have DNA, instead of having to find out if they had DNA earlier in the round.

MattIPv4 wrote:
  • The second, on the topic of reports again, is that it would be cool if you could see previous reports in a tab under the !report menu so that you could see if your reports have been acted on and what the outcome of them was
  • A bit iffy on this one honestly, you could just ask the admin or look in chat, if no action has been taken then clearly no action has been taken, if action has been taken, you can view exactly what the admin has done.

MattIPv4 wrote:
  • The third is that it would be nice to be have a message command available to discuss reports with moderators so that it isn't all in the public chat which could lead to drama
  • As Xnator said

MattIPv4 wrote:
  • The fourth is that I feel there should be more distinction in chat between dead and alive players when spectating, currently it isn't very obvious and this can get confusing

• Perhaps having (Alive) and (Dead) beside peoples names would help, but basically anyone in a dirt yellow text is dead, I'm not sure how people don't know that but the text I imagine would be easy enough to implement if it's a recurring issue.
    • CeeZee
    • Expert Boarder
    • ZARP VIP
    • Thanks received: 678
    Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
    Time to create page: 0.088 seconds

283 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
    10/127
    Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
    0/40