Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Make staff members opinions equal

Make staff members opinions equal 5 years 2 months ago #1084142

Server Name: All of zarp

Suggestion Title: Make staff members follow the same rules for speech

How would it benefit the server: Less biased petty bans (you know who you are :silly: )

Potential Issues/Exploits: Snowflakes being upset

Additional notes: I am sick of having different staff members enforcing stuff about speech. One staff member says "insert a word here* is okay so I like others assume its okay to say but then getting punished from a different staff member. Its very hard to have a laugh or joke about with being worried about everything I/others say. Sounds silly about this post but its one of the only things we get told one thing then get punished for said thing without warning for the reason "you should know" well no I dont fucking know because I just got told I can say "whatever it was" then bam cy@ ye fucked. Sick of it make it we can say what we want or dont speak at all. Pref the first one.
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4053
The topic has been locked.

Make staff members opinions equal 5 years 2 months ago #1084148

• Kurze
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Expect me to be straight to the point.
  • Thanks received: 1040
Plus Ultra!

EX
EX TTT Super Administrator x3

EX TTT Head Admin

Make staff members opinions equal 5 years 2 months ago #1084150

The rules surrounding common courtesy are in place to ensure that ZARP should be a welcoming community for all. If all staff just let people say what they'd like about anyone or anything it would just go to shit. Personally, I don't punish people if I can easily distinguish if they're joking around or they're genuinely being disrespectful - it's often very easy to tell.

However, I don't really understand the point of your suggestion? We have an ethos in place for this kinda shit already and if someone's handing out excessive punishments for something that isn't even remotely disrespect or something similar, it can be brought up in a demote request?
  • .uzi
  • Former Community Manager
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2441

Make staff members opinions equal 5 years 2 months ago #1084153

.uzi wrote:
The rules surrounding common courtesy are in place to ensure that ZARP should be a welcoming community for all. If all staff just let people say what they'd like about anyone or anything it would just go to shit. Personally, I don't punish people if I can easily distinguish if they're joking around or they're genuinely being disrespectful - it's often very easy to tell.

However, I don't really understand the point of your suggestion? We have an ethos in place for this kinda shit already and if someone's handing out excessive punishments for something that isn't even remotely disrespect or something similar, it can be brought up in a demote request?

Its when they bend the ethos for what they do not find offensive such as the word tranny however xnator isnt a fan of it so who is right in that situation? 10 staff let me say it but one doesnt but only the one staff punishes. Still fucked
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah

Make staff members opinions equal 5 years 2 months ago #1084156

Suketoudara wrote:
.uzi wrote:

Its when they bend the ethos for what they do not find offensive such as the word tranny however xnator isnt a fan of it so who is right in that situation? 10 staff let me say it but one doesnt but only the one staff punishes. Still fucked
For that specific example, "tranny" is considered a derogatory term so I don't see an issue with Xnator punishing you for it. In my opinion, the staff who are currently letting you off scot-free should really be giving you a verbal warning or ask you to stop.

But it's all contextual to be honest, I can speculate all day but it all comes down to the specifics of what happened at the time.
  • .uzi
  • Former Community Manager
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2441
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by .uzi.

Make staff members opinions equal 5 years 2 months ago #1084161

.uzi wrote:
Suketoudara wrote:
.uzi wrote:

For that specific example, "tranny" is considered a derogatory term so I don't see an issue with Xnator punishing you for it. In my opinion, the staff who are currently letting you off scot-free should really be giving you a verbal warning or ask you to stop.

But it's all contextual to be honest, I can speculate all day but it all comes down to the specifics of what happened at the time.

Oh dont get me wrong its bad and shouldnt be said but its the fact some say it is okay and some just punish so i want it to be all okay or nothing
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah

Make staff members opinions equal 5 years 2 months ago #1084163

or you could just report them because I haven't heard of any reports coming from you nor anyone else about this situation.
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3799
The following user(s) said Thank You: .uzi, TheXnator

Make staff members opinions equal 5 years 2 months ago #1084212

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
or you could just report them because I haven't heard of any reports coming from you nor anyone else about this situation.

If I make a report I will get shut down for speaking lmao you are missing the fucking point holy shit
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah

Make staff members opinions equal 5 years 2 months ago #1084219

Suketoudara wrote:
DEADMONSTOR wrote:

If I make a report I will get shut down for speaking lmao you are missing the fucking point holy shit

Then make a report respectfully.

I have told you and everyone else with these complaints what to do if you want something done, and if I see another one of you doing things like this rather than actually dealing with it properly, then there will be forum bans in order.

This should not be difficult.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

205 PLAYERS ONLINE