Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Suggestion:|1|DarkRP

Suggestion:|1|DarkRP 11 years 1 month ago #13922

Account name, steam-id and in-game name?: dom837, *Check left in my profile* ,DoM
Which server is this suggestion for?:|1|DarkRP
What would you like to add?:[glow=red,2,300]Please read below.[/glow]
How would it benefit the server/why do you want to add this?[glow=red,2,300]Please read below.[/glow]
Would it be exploitable, and if, how could we make it non-exploitable? No

I would like to suggest lowering the player count on the server since it is a little higher then the server should be handling (at a safe rate). Something from reducing it from 80 to possibly 52-64.

Since you have such a nice system allowing players currency to be accessed on not just one ZARP server I think it would be wise to open multiple identical servers. Thus allowing players to have a more enjoyable time during peak outs. Perhaps starting with opening another |1|DarkRP server, hosted on the east coast of america, or Texas(Commonly used for hosting in the US). I have several recommendations and I am extremely well known with one company that is located in northern Florida. I could get an amazing deal on a high end server(I personally know the owner, he used to let me run about 8 WoW servers at 1/3 of the cost. An amazing friend from college). I just want to clarify that money wont be an issue in this opportunity for ZARP. Even if I was somehow not able to get a deal for US hosting, I would pay the full monthly cost myself.

What do you, the players think? Would you like to have more stable gameplay? A hosted server in the US allowing you to play under 150ping? If so, please respond to this thread. If you think this is a bad idea, please tell us why. Other then where lacking a dedicated coder I don't see why this is bad. Not having Hero anymore doesn't affect this at all. It's easy to duplicate a server. Update a few configs for MySQL and such(assuming you do use dedicated mysql for saving and transferring player data between servers).

A suggestion for my suggestion:
If this suggestion is taken into effect, I would like to start a project to link the servers chat system. This would allow players cross server's to talk to each other. It would require complete modification of the current DarkRP system. Would have to code in channels such as "Global""Current joined server""PM's""Events". This would ofcourse be very long down the road, once suggestions that have been placed and asked for are brought to life. After we have more dedicated coders.

Anyways, I'll check back tomorrow. Goodnight [move:15hhg9ov]Zarpalonian's![/move:15hhg9ov]
  • DoM
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 2
Login or register to post a reply.

Suggestion:|1|DarkRP 11 years 1 month ago #13958

I think 75% of the players on ZARP is European and has a good connection. If you want to start your own server in means of paying for it, go ahead. If its succesful Agent might add it to the list.

But I don't think it has a use for the commumity as-is.
  • Scottie
Login or register to post a reply.
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds

249 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
7/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop