Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [Suggestion] Put EU in the titles

[Suggestion] Put EU in the titles 5 years 11 months ago #1040020

Just to point out, 120 ping isn't that bad. People on TTT generally do get 120 ping, and there were recently host connection problems (a week or two ago) and people generally complaining about a high ping on TTT.
You're perfectly capable of reading the ping when you join the server, and even though it is UK based, if you were getting good ping before and only bad ping suddenly, then it isn't misleading and nor is it our fault that you are now getting higher ping.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4292
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
Login or register to post a reply.

[Suggestion] Put EU in the titles 5 years 11 months ago #1040023

Spiderfreak wrote:
Sopheric wrote:
Have to agree with Henny on this one, I might have been less inclined to join as well if it had mentioned what you're suggesting out of the assumption that I would lag from living much farther away. Overall, personally don't see this being needed at all.
So seems like u guys r completely fine with misleading players just to have a high player count. I wouldn't've joined this server either if I already knew it was UK based, so this rn. Wouldn't be happening if I knew beforehand that the server wasn't US.
To say that we are "misleading players" seems like an absurd exaggeration on your part. If someone connects and find that they're unable to fully enjoy playing due to high ping or lag spikes then logically they would disconnect soon after.
  • Sopheric
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 534
♦ Ex. Prop Hunt [PH] Super Administrator ♦ Ex. Teamspeak Staff ♦
♦ Ex. Trouble in Terrorist Town [TTT] Administrator ♦

Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Sopheric.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dingofetch

[Suggestion] Put EU in the titles 5 years 11 months ago #1040193

dingofetch wrote:
Here's a suggestion, since you hate playing on our server because your ping is too high, maybe don't play? Why are you even bothering to try to get us to add UK to the title of the server when it won't effect your ping at all?? Just instead of joining a ZARP server when you open up Gmod next time, sort the servers by ping low>high and find servers closer to you.
In saying this so others won't be mislead and will have to deal with the same problem as me.
  • Spiderfreak
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1

[Suggestion] Put EU in the titles 5 years 11 months ago #1040195

Spiderfreak wrote:
dingofetch wrote:
Here's a suggestion, since you hate playing on our server because your ping is too high, maybe don't play? Why are you even bothering to try to get us to add UK to the title of the server when it won't effect your ping at all?? Just instead of joining a ZARP server when you open up Gmod next time, sort the servers by ping low>high and find servers closer to you.
In saying this so others won't be mislead and will have to deal with the same problem as me.
Do you even know what misleading is ? It's certainly not this misleading would advertising that the server is in the US but it actually being in the UK there is nothing misleading about the current title and it might not incline some players to join as some people have said on the thread (henny and sopheric) they might have not joined if the server said EU
  • Blueperson
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Jump in a bridge
  • Thanks received: 637

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

[Suggestion] Put EU in the titles 5 years 11 months ago #1040203

Butterman wrote:
Spiderfreak wrote:
dingofetch wrote:
Do you even know what misleading is ? It's certainly not this misleading would advertising that the server is in the US but it actually being in the UK there is nothing misleading about the current title and it might not incline some players to join as some people have said on the thread (henny and sopheric) they might have not joined if the server said EU
Most of the servers that are not based in the US have GER or FR in its title. Check the server list and see how many have that. The servers that don't have that, I would assume are US based because tht's mainly where a lot of servers are.
  • Spiderfreak
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1

[Suggestion] Put EU in the titles 5 years 11 months ago #1040228

EU

• exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by exrobite.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe, SorIe, Henny

[Suggestion] Put EU in the titles 5 years 11 months ago #1040245

Spiderfreak wrote:
Butterman wrote:
Spiderfreak wrote:
dingofetch wrote:
Most of the servers that are not based in the US have GER or FR in its title. Check the server list and see how many have that. The servers that don't have that, I would assume are US based because tht's mainly where a lot of servers are.
So how do other servers having where they're hosted in effect on what zarp should have in their server name, maybe look in google or gametracker before joining a server to see where it's from
  • Blueperson
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Jump in a bridge
  • Thanks received: 637

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

[Suggestion] Put EU in the titles 5 years 11 months ago #1040259

How about you reply to Xnator, because he's making the best argument on this thread lmao
  • dankek
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Retard
  • Thanks received: 997
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheXnator

[Suggestion] Put EU in the titles 5 years 11 months ago #1040296

Spiderfreak wrote:
dingofetch wrote:
Most people can very easily tell that a server is far away by looking at the ping in the server browser, you're the only person that has ever had this issue.
  • dingofetch
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 146

See I haven't even ripped anything of yours, nor have I even tried, but from what I've seen on your end, you have a really stuck up and snarky attitude. Wouldn't be surprised if almost everybody found it to be annoying.

[Suggestion] Put EU in the titles 5 years 11 months ago #1040400

Spiderfreak wrote:
Butterman wrote:
Spiderfreak wrote:
dingofetch wrote:
Those servers have those tags mainly to let you know they probably don’t speak English on them. If you connect to a FR server chances are they probably speak French on it. ZARP is open to all regions of the world presuming you speak English. We aren’t missleading people who are to dumb to do their own research, if you want to know for certain where a server is hosted you check the game tracker. What would be misleading players, is if we did something to make the servers ping appear lower to you then it actually was. But we don’t do anything of the sort. If you care so much about playing on a US based server thats up to do to take the initiative and see where the server is hosted. I live in the US on the West coast and I never really notice any sort of lag spikes because I have a good ISP. Having a higher ping doesn’t instantly mean lag spikes.
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by EMP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe, Raisin Bran, TheXnator, Blueperson, Sopheric and 1 more...
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

232 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
7/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
3/32