Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT Suggestion] Rule change

[TTT Suggestion] Rule change 6 years 1 month ago #1000548

Server Name:
TTT

Suggestion Title:
Change to rule 2.6 Valid KOS reasons

Old-Holding/Using a Traitor only weapon without announcing that he got it from a traitor.

New-Holding/Using a Traitor only weapon

How would it benefit the server:
-Speed up gameplay
-Prevent traitors exploiting the rule
-Less people being punished for mistakes/not noticing announcements

Potential Issues/Exploits:
-Harder for innocents to utilise traitor weapons

Additional notes:
OK this is going to be controversial but this rule has no place on the TTT server and i am going to have to fully explain my points to try and get this removed.

Firstly time and time again we have been told that the reason we cannot have a lot of rule changes that would benefit the server is because they would also slow down gameplay. For example rules such as you should give warnings following rule 2.2 if someone walks past a body and having to specify a name when giving warnings, these were both turned down as they would slow down gameplay. That being the case why is there a rule that forces me to scroll through chat to see if someone has announced their traitor weapon in order to prevent me RDMing in place? It makes the game significantly slower.

It can also be heavily exploited by traitors, especially now the knife is a one hit kill. Traitors can lie and announce a traitor weapon and are unable to be KOSed, which is really unfair if they then proceed to run at you with a knife and you cannot defend yourself because its a 1 hit and if you kill them its RDM. Its the same thing with why the rule where you needed to question users as to why they killed an innocent was removed, players should not be forced into believing a player when they say they picked up a traitor weapon. This is one of the scenarios where the karma system comes into play, if a player does not wish to believe a player they will have lower karma, they should not be forced to believe them by a rule.

With the traitor weapons on the server currently there is almost little to no reason for an innocent to use them in the first place as they have very little benefit for the innocent role. Flare gun is only used to hide bodies, newton launcher to stealth kill in the nether(or troll), suicide bomb to kill large groups of people, poison to weaken people from a distance(will not help if you are attacked first), all of these weapons have no value for an innocent player so they would not have much of a reason to have them out in the first place.

Edit- Another issues this rule causes is when someone announces that they have a traitor weapon and then a player joins after that, sees them with a traitor weapon and kills them.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Miia.
Login or register to post a reply.

[TTT Suggestion] Rule change 6 years 1 month ago #1000588

This would stop Kato trolling :support:
  • Kim.
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 781
Former TTT Administrator
Former Prop Hunt Adminnistrator
Former Surf Moderator

Steam

[TTT Suggestion] Rule change 6 years 1 month ago #1000592

This is something I wanted to bring up in the lead team meeting regardless of a forum suggestion because I've been on at times where the entire server immediately "announces" a T weapon at the start of the round and it's really annoying to deal with that.
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3307

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

[TTT Suggestion] Rule change 6 years 1 month ago #1000739

I just typed a large response to this as to why I didn’t like the rule and why it would be a much better change, and then I deleted it all by accident, so rip. Anyway this would be great.

:plussp:
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by eddie..

[TTT Suggestion] Rule change 6 years 1 month ago #1001680

Bump
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin

[TTT Suggestion] Rule change 6 years 1 month ago #1001975

I do like the core idea behind it ensuring that you are in danger of KOS when using it
  • LonelyDodo
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Carpe Noctem
  • Thanks received: 528
Ex
TTT Head Administrator
Prophunt Administrator

add me on steam: Steamcommunity.com/id/lonelydodo

[TTT Suggestion] Rule change 6 years 1 month ago #1002732

Bump as another issue has been found with this rule.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin

[TTT Suggestion] Rule change 6 years 1 month ago #1002736

:plussp:

At the beginning of each round a Troll Traitor will just announce saying he found a T weapon so dont KOS, which imo is an exploit in the rules.
  • MegaMowery
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 114

[TTT Suggestion] Rule change 6 years 1 month ago #1002741

Got my full support.
In many cases the chat is full of messages, making it almost impossible to notice everything, making small calls as "I have a T weapon" getting overseen really fast. Thus this rule would to a high percentage remove rdms by people that never had the intent of rdming.
:support:
  • Tom.
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 420

Surf Head Administrator
Surf Super Administrator
TTT Administrator
Bhop Administrator
Deathrun Administrator
TeamSpeak Administrator
Discord Administrator
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Tom..

[TTT Suggestion] Rule change 6 years 1 month ago #1002750

You're right, this rule should be changed. If a traitor weapon is called a traitor weapon, then the person that uses it is a traitor, good luck arguing with me there.
  • GamingTroll
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • The nicest guy by far
  • Thanks received: 50

[TTT Suggestion] Rule change 6 years 1 month ago #1002886

This seems kinda useless as a traitor would only be able to abuse the rule if they were near their fellow traitor when they died. If they announced they had a traitor weapon and there was not a dead traitor they could have gotten it from then clearly they must be a traitor. If you don't want to worry about have any abuse then your suggestion should be about making the only way to acquire a traitor weapon off of their dead body (ie don't let them drop one into the world). The rules clearly have this disclaimer that I wrote at the top of them
An admin’s word on a rule is final. The rules are stated here as guidelines for the server, they are not here for you to scrutinize and try to look for loopholes. If you feel that they are abusing their powers, please gather evidence and post it in a form of a demote request, or bring it to the attention of a Super Admin.
You would have to imagine that someone would pretty quickly pickup a weapon off a traitor after they killed them and would then announce that they have the weapon. If your concern is that there is a lack of notice-ability of having to manually announce why not suggest adding a more visible notification like a global popup? I over all fail to see the reason for restricting innocence from the T weapons save a few that clearly have no use. It is your reward for successfully killing a T, to the victor go the spoils. When playing the game it just means you have to be a little more thoughtful and it stops blatant assholes from just mowing down anyone with a T weapon. Also not sure if this is just me but if someone anyone really runs at me with a knife the first thing I do is move the fuck back away from them. If you want to stop stuff like that then you should suggest a system for custom binds so you could bind a key to say something like "Hey Player Name stop coming at me bro or your dead."
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Aek177

[TTT Suggestion] Rule change 6 years 1 month ago #1002887

EMP wrote:
This seems kinda useless as a traitor would only be able to abuse the rule if they were near their fellow traitor when they died. If they announced they had a traitor weapon and there was not a dead traitor they could have gotten it from then clearly they must be a traitor. If you don't want to worry about have any abuse then your suggestion should be about making the only way to acquire a traitor weapon off of their dead body (ie don't let them drop one into the world). The rules clearly have this disclaimer that I wrote at the top of them
An admin’s word on a rule is final. The rules are stated here as guidelines for the server, they are not here for you to scrutinize and try to look for loopholes. If you feel that they are abusing their powers, please gather evidence and post it in a form of a demote request, or bring it to the attention of a Super Admin.
You would have to imagine that someone would pretty quickly pickup a weapon off a traitor after they killed them and would then announce that they have the weapon. If your concern is that there is a lack of notice-ability of having to manually announce why not suggest adding a more visible notification like a global popup? I over all fail to see the reason for restricting innocence from the T weapons save a few that clearly have no use. It is your reward for successfully killing a T, to the victor go the spoils. When playing the game it just means you have to be a little more thoughtful and it stops blatant assholes from just mowing down anyone with a T weapon. Also not sure if this is just me but if someone anyone really runs at me with a knife the first thing I do is move the fuck back away from them. If you want to stop stuff like that then you should suggest a system for custom binds so you could bind a key to say something like "Hey Player Name stop coming at me bro or your dead."
While yes the rule can be seen as only abusable if the traitor was near a t buddy that died remember that this is a server of 40 players who are mostly rookies. The vast majority will not pay attention to who was near a traitors body and as the round goes on and more traitors die it becomes increasingly hard for the innocents to keep track of and even easier for traitors to lie. Traitor weapons are often picked up immediately from a dead traitors body but this leaves out a few scenarios, the first being the people likely to kill traitors are detectives and people with DNA scanners, both of which tend to already have slots filled so cannot always pick up weapons. The other scenario is when a traitor kills a player who had picked up traitor weapons and does not have the slots to pick up their weapon, leaving traitor weapons available for anyone to pick up.

The visibility is a concern as long as the rule remains as it is. While a global pop up would be nice it would not help in the case of players who joined late and will not have had the chance to see it, these players will also have not been able to keep track of things like if the player was near a traitor body when they announced there weapon. My main issue is players are forced into believing people by a rule, if someone claims they killed an innocent who shot them first they are not forced to believe them so i don't see why this should be different.

To the victor go the spoils sure but the current line up of traitor weapons are almost all useless to innocents. The only exceptions being the sniper(which after the balance update is basically a pick up sniper but it gives you away), the teleporter and the knife. Speaking of the knife in its current state if i have to use a bind saying dont run at me under rule 2.2 i have to give 2 warnings before i kill them, by that time im already dead.

Out of interest what about this scenario. I have DNA on someone who killed a detective so im hurrying along trying to find them, along the way im identifying bodies to ensure i do not get KOSed and as im doing that i pick up a traitor weapon. At the time i did not notice as i was distracted by looking for the killer. Later i then realise i have a traitor weapon and announce it when there are no bodies around me.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Miia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mecake
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds

165 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
6/127