Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Deathrun Suggestion

Deathrun Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #980309

Server Name: Deathrun

Suggestion Title: Exploiting Rule

How would it benefit the server: Staff wouldn't have to warn people for exploiting as much.

Potential Issues/Exploits: None that I can think of.

Additional notes: Change the Exploiting Rule so you can skip more than 1 trap like 2 or 3 traps.
  • RhysA
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • chad
  • Thanks received: 565
Login or register to post a reply.

Deathrun Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #980310

:plussp: On maps such as hot desert, you can skip a large portion of the map, due to there being no invisible walls blocking skips, you can only assume that is an intentional feature made by the map creator.
  • Micky
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 7911
The following user(s) said Thank You: schnitzel nazi

Deathrun Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #980315

:plussp:
Although more things seem to have broken again as of reset such as gangs
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • A Wob A Bob Bob
  • Thanks received: 3911

Deathrun Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #980347

I dont see why this needs to be changed, you can do multiple skips in the same round, just not in the same motion
  • Windows
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Life isn’t a destination, it’s hell
  • Thanks received: 963

Deathrun Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #980355

Windows wrote:
I dont see why this needs to be changed, you can do multiple skips in the same round, just not in the same motion

But if u have enough speed naturally then u should able to preform these actions as they are clearly available to be in used he ain't talking about all of them just the ones that lack any prevention like the ladder stuff will still be exploit but if you have enough momentum you should be allowed to preform skips like the examples given of hot desert as it's naturally not blocked off by the creator meaning it's intended if u can get the speed to do so
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob

Deathrun Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #980358

A Good Pianist wrote:
Windows wrote:

But if u have enough speed naturally then u should able to preform these actions as they are clearly available to be in used he ain't talking about all of them just the ones that lack any prevention like the ladder stuff will still be exploit but if you have enough momentum you should be allowed to preform skips like the examples given of hot desert as it's naturally not blocked off by the creator meaning it's intended if u can get the speed to do so

Just slow down, allowing skipping traps would mean that almost anyone could do a map in seconds which is not that fun. Point of deathrun maps is to go through every trap, not to skip them all
  • Windows
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Deathrun Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #980359

Windows wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
Windows wrote:

Just slow down, allowing skipping traps would mean that almost anyone could do a map in seconds which is not that fun. Point of deathrun maps is to go through every trap, not to skip them all

Foricng players to slow down is wrong and ruins the point of a crucial aspect of the game mode which is bhopping and as I said the stuff in which skip all traps will clearly be considered exploit
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob

Deathrun Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #980361

A Good Pianist wrote:
Windows wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
Windows wrote:

Foricng players to slow down is wrong and ruins the point of a crucial aspect of the game mode which is bhopping and as I said the stuff in which skip all traps will clearly be considered exploit

Bhopping is not a crucial part of the game, crucial part is going through traps, not using skips and going around traps.

EDIT: Forgot to say that bhopping was not apart of deathrun
  • Windows
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Windows.

Deathrun Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #980362

Windows wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
Windows wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
Windows wrote:

Bhopping is not a crucial part of the game, crucial part is going through traps, not using skips and going around traps.

Ok then make no bhopping a rule and see the player base decline no balls
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob

Deathrun Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #980363

A Good Pianist wrote:
Windows wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
Windows wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
Windows wrote:

Nobody says that you cant bhop, bhop all you want just dont skip 2 or more traps
  • Windows
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Deathrun Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #980389

Windows wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
Windows wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
Windows wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
Windows wrote:

Nobody says that you cant bhop, bhop all you want just dont skip 2 or more traps

That's stupid as I naturally gain enough speed to skip more then that and u harass and ruin my experience by saying I have to slow down cus I naturally can't go past 2 traps when I have the speed
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob

Deathrun Suggestion 6 years 2 months ago #980444

Windows wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
Windows wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
Windows wrote:

EDIT: Forgot to say that bhopping was not apart of deathrun
Let me just throw this in here. Bhopping is hands down the most fun part of Deathrun and I know that most of it's player base who know how to bhop would fully agree.

Bhopping is there so that you can complete a map or a course as fast as possible, not to be restricted by a silly rule about skipping more than two traps.

I rarely shit like this when I am being serious but, Deathrun really has suffered from a few of the stupid and un-needed rules that has been added, e.g: Leeching, Exploiting (Skipping more than 2 traps)
May I also add an issue that occurred on the server a while back, a lead team member was enforcing a rule that was removed for a reason (English only) to be exact, I am pretty sure the guy was speaking Russian and I am not sure if what the player had said was disrespectful but I could easily tell that the staff member did not speak the language of the other player, nor did the player speak English, Google translate is also not 100% accurate. The player did get punished for something that was not a rule. Petty shit like this cause you to lose players.
  • Micky
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 7911
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Micky.
The following user(s) said Thank You: schnitzel nazi
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds

131 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop