Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [TTT] 2 Suggestions

[TTT] 2 Suggestions 5 years 8 months ago #979774

Hello, this post is 2 suggestions I think would work very well with the Server. If you have any other opinions, reply to this thread as I would love to hear them. Anyways, enjoy the post.

Server Name: Any TTT Server
Suggestion Title: More F1 Menu Settings
How would it benefit the server: More settings won't necessarily increase player count, however it will give players additional customizability, resulting in players enjoying their experience more due to lack of visual restrictions. I typically don't play some games due to low FOV or clunky HUD, the same goes here. Options could be developed on further with introduction of Crosshair Customisation or Viewmodel FOV (Gun Model FOV).
Potential Issues/Exploits: None that I can think of, the settings listed in the concept image are default. Other options such as crosshair may give small advantages, however anyone can change their crosshair if implemented.
Concept Images:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Server Name: Any TTT Server
Suggestion Title: Dropped Skins have Value
How would it benefit the server: This gives incentive to grind and play more to receive something valuable, which you can then sell or trade to others.
Potential Issues/Exploits: May increase AFK players, however I doubt people will AFK just to get playermodels / credits.
Concept Images:
Before:

After:
  • Hops
  • Junior Boarder
  • lil bunnyhop
  • Thanks received: 91

Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Hops.
Login or register to post a reply.

[TTT] 2 Suggestions 5 years 8 months ago #979776

:plussp:
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3308

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

[TTT] 2 Suggestions 5 years 8 months ago #979777

No words needed:

• Kurze
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Expect me to be straight to the point.
  • Thanks received: 1040
Plus Ultra!

EX
EX TTT Super Administrator x3

EX TTT Head Admin

[TTT] 2 Suggestions 5 years 8 months ago #979778

Thanks for the support guys, took me a few hours to gather all screenshots and photoshop etc. I really appreciate your support...
  • Hops
  • Junior Boarder
  • lil bunnyhop

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kurze

[TTT] 2 Suggestions 5 years 8 months ago #979781

Keep doing so! Shows you want the server to improve, always a + point with me!
  • Kurze
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Expect me to be straight to the point.
  • Thanks received: 1040
Plus Ultra!

EX
EX TTT Super Administrator x3

EX TTT Head Admin

[TTT] 2 Suggestions 5 years 8 months ago #979803

About the crosshairs.. yes its possible, but the thing is that a certaint option would have to be enabled within the server which can be exploited for cheating etc. fairly easily.
I think the same is valid for the Gunmodel FOVs.

About disabling certain HUD parts: that should be possible.
  • House
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • The best thing on Earth? Coffee.
  • Thanks received: 541

⚕ former TTT Server Owner ⚕
⚕ former Surf Administrator ⚕
⚕ former SSRP Moderator ⚕
⚕ former TeamSpeak3 staff ⚕
⚕ former Forum staff ⚕

Add me on Steam!

#uzi4CM

[TTT] 2 Suggestions 5 years 8 months ago #979807

Great ideas!
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2621

Legendary Member

[TTT] 2 Suggestions 5 years 8 months ago #979825

Just apply for Mod Already
  • Longshot
  • Senior Boarder
  • I'm a fucking cunt
  • Thanks received: 181
Ex TTT Admin
"Audaces fortuna iuvat" - Fortune favors the brave.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sopheric

[TTT] 2 Suggestions 5 years 8 months ago #979834

Longshot wrote:
Just apply for Mod Already
Haha, I would like to but I think it's way too early since I joined the server 3-4 days ago. Would rather help other ways rather than applying for staff right now.
  • Hops
  • Junior Boarder
  • lil bunnyhop

[TTT] 2 Suggestions 5 years 8 months ago #979837

Nick0GR wrote:
  • Luki_Guki
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • guy
  • Thanks received: 1394
Fuck off Luki, why do you have to do this ear rape type beat to my homie EMP.. he JOINED YOUR CHANNEL just for you, and you welcome him like that ? come on bro, have some respect to the big ballers man, and when i say big ballers, i don't mean it in weight. He actually lost 250 pounds,

[TTT] 2 Suggestions 5 years 8 months ago #979991

Luki_Guki wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
  • Kim.
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 781
Former TTT Administrator
Former Prop Hunt Adminnistrator
Former Surf Moderator

Steam

[TTT] 2 Suggestions 5 years 8 months ago #980084

The thing about drop items having values would have to be discussed in the Pointshop meeting since it would affect all pointshop servers.

Your suggestion about more settings etc definitely looks promising and I could look into seeing if that can be made possible.
  • Aek177
  • Legendary Member
  • ★Ex TTT SO★Ex TS3 HA★Ex Global Moderator★
  • Thanks received: 846

[TTT] 2 Suggestions 5 years 8 months ago #989254

After trying out many approaches to implement new HUD options I am now happy
to present you the following video as a demonstration of what I managed to do:

As you can see: I successfully implemented some HUD options into the F1 menu named:

ttt_hide_health
ttt_hide_chat
(Note: the names of the commands can be changed but I found them to be fitting)

The hide_health command basically hides the informationbar on the lower left corner of the screen i.e.:
-your healthbar (hence the current name of the command)
-your ammo
-the round time and
-the role you were assigned.

hide_chat prevents new messages from popping up.
Note that the messages are still visible but only if you open up the chat manually
by pressing your chat key.

The other options you showed us in your concept image are default TTT options and would
just have to be copy-pasted to the custom F1 menu script which is currently active on the server.

If you got any more ideas what we could/should be able to make disappear if we choose to,
let me know and I will try to add it.

If the TTT LT would like to see this implemented I'll be happy to pass the code to them, just message me at any time.

Best Regards
House
  • House
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

⚕ former Forum staff ⚕

Add me on Steam!

#uzi4CM
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by House.

[TTT] 2 Suggestions 5 years 8 months ago #989256

House wrote:
After trying out many approaches to implement new HUD options I am now happy
to present you the following video as a demonstration of what I managed to do:

As you can see: I successfully implemented some HUD options into the F1 menu named:

ttt_hide_health
ttt_hide_chat
(Note: the names of the commands can be changed but I found them to be fitting)

The hide_health command basically hides the informationbar on the lower left corner of the screen i.e.:
-your healthbar
-your ammo
-the round time and
-the role you were assigned.

hide_chat prevents new messages from popping up.
Note that the messages are still visible but only if you open up the chat manually
by pressing your chat key.

The other options you showed us in your concept image are default TTT options and would
just have to be copy-pasted to the custom F1 menu script which is currently active on the server.

If you got any more ideas what we could/should be able to make disappear if we choose to,
let me know and I will try to add it.

If the TTT LT would like to see this implemented I'll be happy to pass the code to them, just message me at any time.

Best Regards
House
Thank you for taking this further, I'm glad you put the work in and it paid off. Another reason I would love to see this added, it can be expanded and developed further than my initial intentions.
  • Hops
  • Junior Boarder
  • lil bunnyhop

The following user(s) said Thank You: House

[TTT] 2 Suggestions 5 years 8 months ago #989262

Hops wrote:
Another reason I would love to see this added, it can be expanded and developed further than my initial intentions.

Ye that is a good point, I agree with that.
  • House
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

⚕ former Forum staff ⚕

Add me on Steam!

#uzi4CM

[TTT] 2 Suggestions 5 years 8 months ago #989274

Just gonna say i dont think people should be given the option to hide chat as it could cause issues with the game. For example important information is normally in chat like KOSes and warnings, it could create problems if people hide chat and then do not check it so miss this stuff.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810

[TTT] 2 Suggestions 5 years 8 months ago #989286

Miia wrote:

Just gonna say i dont think people should be given the option to hide chat as it could cause issues with the game. For example important information is normally in chat like KOSes and warnings, it could create problems if people hide chat and then do not check it so miss this stuff.

Indeed, but if someone misses those information its pretty much their own fault in my opinion
since they chose to disable it.
It would also not be hard for a staff member to resolve a report like this.

Another point would be that spectators could disable the popups if they'd like to just watch the game and don't want to be bothered by other people writing in chat. On the start of a new round they could enable it again.
This could also be made automatically by adding an option like "disable chat when in spectator team" or something like that.
  • House
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

⚕ former Forum staff ⚕

Add me on Steam!

#uzi4CM

[TTT] 2 Suggestions 5 years 8 months ago #989291

House wrote:
Miia wrote:

Indeed, but if someone misses those information its pretty much their own fault in my opinion

Another point would be that spectators could disable the popups if they'd like to just watch the game and don't want to be bothered by other people writing in chat. On the start of a new round they could enable it again.
This could also be made automatically by adding an option like "disable chat when in spectator team" or something like that.
Its not just the problem of if they miss it its on them. It also effects more players than just them, i don't really want to end up losing karma because i'm asking someone to test and they have chat hidden and don't see it and while reports are easily handled it will create more reports and more problems to have this feature. It would also make other situations a lot harder, say for example a detective is trying to force people to test over voice chat and i tell him in text that he must use text chat, he has it hidden so cannot see it and continues to RDM they guy he was trying to make test.

Also i doubt this would see much use as i cant imagine seeing people disable chat while dead to get those sweet minecraft b5 views.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Miia.

[TTT] 2 Suggestions 5 years 8 months ago #989558

Miia wrote:
House wrote:
Miia wrote:

Its not just the problem of if they miss it its on them. It also effects more players than just them, i don't really want to end up losing karma because i'm asking someone to test and they have chat hidden and don't see it and while reports are easily handled it will create more reports and more problems to have this feature. It would also make other situations a lot harder, say for example a detective is trying to force people to test over voice chat and i tell him in text that he must use text chat, he has it hidden so cannot see it and continues to RDM they guy he was trying to make test.

Also i doubt this would see much use as i cant imagine seeing people disable chat while dead to get those sweet minecraft b5 views.

Well I guess its up to LT to decide wether the cons outwight the pros on the chat function.
As an Admin its not of much use to disable the chat obviously, but as a normal user I can imagine that I'd like to disable it from time to time at least as spectator.

What do you think about the other option regarding the infobar btw? You didnt give any comment on that yet.
  • House
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

⚕ former Forum staff ⚕

Add me on Steam!

#uzi4CM

[TTT] 2 Suggestions 5 years 8 months ago #989561

House wrote:
Miia wrote:
House wrote:
Miia wrote:

Well I guess its up to LT to decide wether the cons outwight the pros on the chat function.
As an Admin its not of much use to disable the chat obviously, but as a normal user I can imagine that I'd like to disable it from time to time at least as spectator.

What do you think about the other option regarding the infobar btw? You didnt give any comment on that yet.
I have nothing against giving players more choices and stuff but realistically who will use it. When would i or anyone want to disable essential things like your healthbar and ammo. If there is no point to something i don't see a reason to add it.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

128 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
6/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun