Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT] Suggestion

[TTT] Suggestion 5 years 9 months ago #968071

Server Name:
Trouble in Terrorist Town (TTT)
Suggestion Title:
The complete removal of rule 2.3a
How would it benefit the server:
Live checks have no real use except for that one guy who does them every time they get detective. It gust meems that they can kill 5 people for no reason. It’s used to troll most of the time and I can’t see any proper use. It would stop this if the rule was removed.
Potential Issues/Exploits:
N/A
Additional notes:
No notes
  • Kim.
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 781
Former TTT Administrator
Former Prop Hunt Adminnistrator
Former Surf Moderator

Steam
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Kim..
The topic has been locked.

[TTT] Suggestion 5 years 9 months ago #968076

Bump
Aek > Bezzy
  • Kim.
  • Gold Boarder
Former TTT Administrator
Former Surf Moderator

Steam

[TTT] Suggestion 5 years 9 months ago #968078

If Detectives use it at the start of the round and start to KOS anyone that doesn't respond they can expect a serious Karna drop.

I know people can use it properly and it can help Detectives to figure out who is still alive alongside the Radar so I personally wouldn't want the rule removed.
  • Aek177
  • Legendary Member
  • ★Ex TTT SO★Ex TS3 HA★Ex Global Moderator★
  • Thanks received: 846

[TTT] Suggestion 5 years 9 months ago #968080

Aek177 wrote:
If Detectives use it at the start of the round and start to KOS anyone that doesn't respond they can expect a serious Karna drop.

I know people can use it properly and it can help Detectives to figure out who is still alive alongside the Radar so I personally wouldn't want the rule removed.
A lot of this is true but it is manly used to troll I’ve not seen anyone in my 2+ months on the server to find out how many people are left.
  • Kim.
  • Gold Boarder
Former TTT Administrator
Former Surf Moderator

Steam

[TTT] Suggestion 5 years 9 months ago #968083

MemesAreGoodWithKim wrote:
Aek177 wrote:

A lot of this is true but it is manly used to troll I’ve not seen anyone in my 2+ months on the server to find out how many people are left.
I have to do that now as apparently calling it early in the round is exploiting now?
Also I like lifechecks.
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2621

Legendary Member

[TTT] Suggestion 5 years 9 months ago #968093

Kyber wrote:
MemesAreGoodWithKim wrote:
Aek177 wrote:

I have to do that now as apparently calling it early in the round is exploiting now?
Also I like lifechecks.

How Kyber uses the Life Check effectively
You only use that Life Check 1-2 minutes into the game with a full server , you kill 10 people , you get 10 reports , your Karma goes to 300 and you go to Prop Hunt cause you got your daily dose of being a minge .
  • Longshot
  • Senior Boarder
  • I'm a fucking cunt
  • Thanks received: 181
Ex TTT Admin
"Audaces fortuna iuvat" - Fortune favors the brave.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Aek177, Chienman, Nick0GR, BossComic23, Mattors and 2 more...

[TTT] Suggestion 5 years 9 months ago #968209

Oh god no this rule should stay. I understand that you might not have ever played a round of TTT where you actually used strategy to win as a detective but that doesn't mean the rest of us use the rule to troll. A lifecheck is a great way for detectives to be able to tell who is still alive and who is still missing, as a result it helps when narrowing the last few people down to figure out which is a traitor. The only reason i haven't been using lifechecks recently is that i unbound all my shit and can't be bothered to make a bind for it. Also so what if a detective calls it 10 seconds into a round? I would argue that there is a positive impact to that as at least the round will be slightly quicker, if people don't pay attention and do not realise a lifecheck has been called then thats on them not the detective.

Also by your logic remove flash bangs as they are only used to troll and never to effectively fight a traitor.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aek177, Sopheric

[TTT] Suggestion 5 years 9 months ago #968247

We've already discussed this rule and we decided to keep it.
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3308

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

[TTT] Suggestion 5 years 9 months ago #968344

Oh yea the rule definently needs to stay XD .

The only thing that needs is some changes like "4 minutes into the round " or sonething like that so we can avoid minges , trollss from abusing it
  • Longshot
  • Senior Boarder
  • I'm a fucking cunt
Ex TTT Admin

Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Longshot.

[TTT] Suggestion 5 years 9 months ago #968355

Longshot wrote:

The only thing that needs is some changes like "4 minutes into the round " or sonething like that so we can avoid minges , trollss from abusing it
Given the way the timer of the round works in game i don't think any rule like that could be added even if it needed to be, which it doesn't. Even if it is a bit mingey its still a legitimate strategy just like camping, which is also allowed. If a detective wants to call a life check early in a round he should be allowed to do this, as it can be an effective way to see who is already dead and thin the numbers making the round go quicker. The punishment they get for this is karma loss, they do not need to be punished further by the addition of a rule.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin

[TTT] Suggestion 5 years 9 months ago #968359

Miia wrote:
Longshot wrote:

Given the way the timer of the round works in game i don't think any rule like that could be added even if it needed to be, which it doesn't. Even if it is a bit mingey its still a legitimate strategy just like camping, which is also allowed. If a detective wants to call a life check early in a round he should be allowed to do this, as it can be an effective way to see who is already dead and thin the numbers making the round go quicker. The punishment they get for this is karma loss, they do not need to be punished further by the addition of a rule.
We can get dead to code a timer.
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3308

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

[TTT] Suggestion 5 years 9 months ago #968362

Nick0GR wrote:
Miia wrote:
Longshot wrote:

We can get dead to code a timer.
Fine but the point still stands that if a detective wants to do this they should be allowed to. The purpose of a lifecheck is to find out who is still alive. Even after a few seconds people can be killed so there is merit in calling a lifecheck to find out who that player was, and if there is a reason to call a lifecheck they should be allowed to. And of course if you do not respond to that lifecheck it will make the round harder for the detective, which is why the detective can kill players who do not respond.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker

[TTT] Suggestion 5 years 9 months ago #968375

This is not a valid strategy at all
47 people playing

1 minute into the game 7 people have died

You really believe that everyone will see the chat warnings , with people talking , chatting , staffs giving warnings , with everything that fills the chat?

And what do you expect to find out anyway ? Who died ? Whats that gonna help you with when theres still 30+ people to worry about

You have no idea the mess left behind by the unnamed person who did this 4 days ago kyber and left.

This whole thing is not a strategy at all is just a loophole to get a free Mass murder free ticket
  • Longshot
  • Senior Boarder
  • I'm a fucking cunt
Ex TTT Admin

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kim.

[TTT] Suggestion 5 years 9 months ago #968384

Longshot wrote:
This is not a valid strategy at all
47 people playing

1 minute into the game 7 people have died

You really believe that everyone will see the chat warnings , with people talking , chatting , staffs giving warnings , with everything that fills the chat?

And what do you expect to find out anyway ? Who died ? Whats that gonna help you with when theres still 30+ people to worry about

You have no idea the mess left behind by the unnamed person who did this 4 days ago kyber and left.

This whole thing is not a strategy at all is just a loophole to get a free Mass murder free ticket
If people do not see warnings in chat they have no one to blame but themselves, we don't have issues when warning people to stop blocking or using health stations so there is we should not take issue with the use of the warning system here. Yeah there are still a lot of players left, but as an innocent any bit of information is valuable, we cannot take away something that the detective can use to gain information to help them win. An example of when this could be useful, you see a few people in the nether then leave and call a lifecheck, no one who was in the nether responds so you can assume there is a traitor in the nether, this is valuable information and we cannot take away a detectives power to find that information.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin

[TTT] Suggestion 5 years 9 months ago #968394

Lets say the entire server 40 people , minus the 7 dead ones respond to the kos

You really think the detective will figure out by scrolling down trough all the names who died ?

You are protecting something that can be useful once in a million and destructive in the 999 999
  • Longshot
  • Senior Boarder
  • I'm a fucking cunt
Ex TTT Admin

[TTT] Suggestion 5 years 9 months ago #968398

Longshot wrote:
Lets say the entire server 40 people , minus the 7 dead ones respond to the kos

You really think the detective will figure out by scrolling down trough all the names who died ?

You are protecting something that can be useful once in a million and destructive in the 999 999
Yes, i actually have played like this before. I call a lifecheck and then use the very convenient scoreboard to mark off the players who responded, this along with the radar lets me know how many players are still alive, how many are missing and the names of the possible traitors who did not respond. Unlike most i rarely kill for this as i value my karma too much, i would rather make that player force test first. However the point still stands that we cannot take something away from players that is useful to them. By your own flawed logic of "protecting something that can be useful once in a million and destructive in the 999 999" should we also remove discombobulators? 99.9% of the time they are used by innocents RDMing so might as well remove the harm. Minecarts can be used to prop abuse so better remove them as well, even though they have a valid use with the poltergeist. Sure these things can be abused but we can't just take them away because a few players abuse them.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Miia.

[TTT] Suggestion 5 years 9 months ago #968404

Both discombomb and the minecarts have a rule to keep them in check
This strategy you hold so dear doesnt
  • Longshot
  • Senior Boarder
  • I'm a fucking cunt
Ex TTT Admin

[TTT] Suggestion 5 years 9 months ago #968410

Longshot wrote:
Both discombomb and the minecarts have a rule to keep them in check
This strategy you hold so dear doesnt
Because it doesn't need one to keep it in check. My point was you can't take things away from players that have a valid use and purpose, similar to the way people have said minecarts should be removed due to them being used 99.9% of the time for prop abuse despite them being useful with the poltergeist. As it stands there is no reason for a rule to be put in place for this other than the fact that you do not like the way certain detectives play the game, which is why a rule for this should never be implemented. I have stated above many times why this should be allowed and why it has effective uses so i wont repeat myself. However i will go back on something, i said that the lifecheck could be abused which i am now taking back. Calling early lifechecks in no way even abuses it.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin

[TTT] Suggestion 5 years 9 months ago #973546

This won't be removed or changed, the Life Checking rule is an extremely useful addition to the rules.

We can explore adding something like "You cannot call a "Life Check or KOS" without the server's population being less than half still alive"

However, for the moment nothing will be changed.
  • Bezzy
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex TTT Server Owner
  • Thanks received: 418
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds

182 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun