Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT] Maybe it's time to fix it(Don't ignore, fix)

[TTT] Maybe it's time to fix it... 6 years 3 months ago #954695

@Deadmonstor, the ladders on minecraft_b5 can be improved, I don't remember how but windows knows more about it I'll try to ask (I'm quite sure minecraft_b5 is using the older ladders where to get on them you have to sometimes press E and you can't jump out of them)
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3307

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator
Login or register to post a reply.

[TTT] Maybe it's time to fix it... 6 years 3 months ago #954696

These issues can be fixed using lua
  • Pangolin
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 5

[TTT] Maybe it's time to fix it... 6 years 3 months ago #954699

Pangolin wrote:
These issues can be fixed using lua
If I may ask, how are you so sure about it?
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff

[TTT] Maybe it's time to fix it... 6 years 3 months ago #954700

Because I could do it, and many other developers could too.
  • Pangolin
  • Fresh Boarder

[TTT] Maybe it's time to fix it... 6 years 3 months ago #954701

Pangolin wrote:
Because I could do it, and many other developers could too.
I'm sure you can contact our developer and help him out a bit, seeing as you like the server and I suppose you want to help out.
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff

[TTT] Maybe it's time to fix it... 6 years 3 months ago #954702

Friends list was full when I tried earlier
  • Pangolin
  • Fresh Boarder

[TTT] Maybe it's time to fix it... 6 years 3 months ago #954711

You guys being dicks to this guy but it can be fixed early in lua. There is no one set way to do things in the game and there is an easy soloution to this problem.
  • _Max
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP
  • Sup
  • Thanks received: 1002
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pangolin

[TTT] Maybe it's time to fix it... 6 years 3 months ago #954714

_Max wrote:
You guys being dicks to this guy but it can be fixed early in lua. There is no one set way to do things in the game and there is an easy soloution to this problem.

What the fuck happened to the community, I used to play a couple of years ago and it was never like this
  • Pangolin
  • Fresh Boarder

[TTT] Maybe it's time to fix it... 6 years 3 months ago #954715

_Max wrote:

The issue he is talking about is when someone is talking until they stop talking it will not mute them and this is a GMOD issue.
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3799

[TTT] Maybe it's time to fix it... 6 years 3 months ago #954716

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
_Max wrote:

The issue he is talking about is when someone is talking until they stop talking it will not mute them and this is a GMOD issue.

That's not what i'm talking about, sometimes it just doesn't work AT ALL, which is what can easily be fixed
  • Pangolin
  • Fresh Boarder

[TTT] Maybe it's time to fix it... 6 years 3 months ago #954724

Pangolin wrote:
DEADMONSTOR wrote:
_Max wrote:

That's not what i'm talking about, sometimes it just doesn't work AT ALL, which is what can easily be fixed

wiki.garrysmod.com/page/GM/PlayerCanHearPlayersVoice

This is the issue if you could describe a new way then that would be nice
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP

[TTT] Maybe it's time to fix it... 6 years 3 months ago #954739

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
Pangolin wrote:
DEADMONSTOR wrote:
_Max wrote:

The hook that you have given me is used serverside to stop players from being heard by each other, the method for muting that is used by default in most scoreboards would be the SetMuted function which acts on the clientisde to prevent players from hearing each other. "PlayerCanHearPlayersVoice" isn't used in TTT, the clientisde equivalent is. I'd suggest using the serverside hook to see if the problem persists. If it doesn't then you can begin to look for other factors which could be causing the problem
  • Pangolin
  • Fresh Boarder

[TTT] Maybe it's time to fix it... 6 years 3 months ago #954740

Pangolin wrote:
DEADMONSTOR wrote:
Pangolin wrote:
DEADMONSTOR wrote:
_Max wrote:

The hook that you have given me is used serverside to stop players from being heard by each other, the method for muting that is used by default in most scoreboards would be the SetMuted function which acts on the clientisde to prevent players from hearing each other. "PlayerCanHearPlayersVoice" isn't used in TTT, the clientisde equivalent is. I'd suggest using the serverside hook to see if the problem persists. If it doesn't then you can begin to look for other factors which could be causing the problem

I have proven in other servers that both of them have the same issue that you are describing
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP

[TTT] Maybe it's time to fix it... 6 years 3 months ago #954743

Show me the code you used to "prove" this, the hook itself should stop players from even receiving voice input from other players, if this were the actual issue innocents would frequently pick up on traitor chat, which they don't.
  • Pangolin
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Pangolin.

[TTT] Maybe it's time to fix it... 6 years 3 months ago #954783

While I do agree with all of the bug fixes, I feel that the unlocks are perfectly fine. They take a lot of time and dedication to unlock and even though I'm not very good at the game, I usually have no trouble killing enemies using weapons you describe as OP even with weapons like the mossberg, which you have described as very weak. Fact of the matter is, a lot more comes into play than just the strength of the weapon used in a fight. As a traitor I have hit several lucky deagle shots in a row killing as many as 4 people in 4 shots. The only other gun in the game that can do that is the colt python and yet, nobody considers them OP.
  • dingofetch
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 146

See I haven't even ripped anything of yours, nor have I even tried, but from what I've seen on your end, you have a really stuck up and snarky attitude. Wouldn't be surprised if almost everybody found it to be annoying.

[TTT] Maybe it's time to fix it... 6 years 3 months ago #954788

dingofetch wrote:
While I do agree with all of the bug fixes, I feel that the unlocks are perfectly fine. They take a lot of time and dedication to unlock and even though I'm not very good at the game, I usually have no trouble killing enemies using weapons you describe as OP even with weapons like the mossberg, which you have described as very weak. Fact of the matter is, a lot more comes into play than just the strength of the weapon used in a fight. As a traitor I have hit several lucky deagle shots in a row killing as many as 4 people in 4 shots. The only other gun in the game that can do that is the colt python and yet, nobody considers them OP.

The deagle and python are not OP, they're fine. The Tec9 however does more damage than both of them, is fully automatic and has a 32 bullet capacity (Not sure what the term is).
  • Pangolin
  • Fresh Boarder

[TTT] Maybe it's time to fix it... 6 years 3 months ago #954795

Pangolin wrote:
dingofetch wrote:

The deagle and python are not OP, they're fine. The Tec9 however does more damage than both of them, is fully automatic and has a 32 bullet capacity (Not sure what the term is).

The TEC-9 does not in fact do more damage than the deagle or python. While it has a higher DPS, it lacks the ability to one shot an enemy.
  • dingofetch
  • Junior Boarder

See I haven't even ripped anything of yours, nor have I even tried, but from what I've seen on your end, you have a really stuck up and snarky attitude. Wouldn't be surprised if almost everybody found it to be annoying.

[TTT] Maybe it's time to fix it... 6 years 3 months ago #954800

The Tec9 does 40 damage per hit, the deagle and python both do 35.
  • Pangolin
  • Fresh Boarder

[TTT] Maybe it's time to fix it... 6 years 3 months ago #954803

Pangolin wrote:
You're forgetting the bonus crit damage on the weapons which enables both guns to do 20 more damage per shot than the TEC-9
  • dingofetch
  • Junior Boarder

[TTT] Maybe it's time to fix it... 6 years 3 months ago #954805

dingofetch wrote:
Pangolin wrote:
You're forgetting the bonus crit damage on the weapons which enables both guns to do 20 more damage per shot than the TEC-9

What the fuck are you talking about? The issue is that a fully automatic smg does 40 damage
  • Pangolin
  • Fresh Boarder
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds

135 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT