Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [Jailbreak] Opinion/Additions/Balance to Jailbreak

[Jailbreak] Opinion/Additions/Balance to Jailbreak 6 years 3 months ago #941484

Server Name: Jailbreak

Suggestion Title: Pretty much a summary of what I feel like should be balanced/added.

How would it benefit the server: Well, being the supreme ruler of all zarp related things, no matter what I suggest it will only benefit the server anyway.

Potential Issues/Exploits: dunno

Additional notes:

Alright so here's what I feel like should be balanced/changed :

#1 Weapons :

- Increase damage output : Right now because of the shitty hitboxes and low damage it can take up to 10 bullets from an assault rifle to kill a dude standing still and afk in his jail. So whenever someone's running if gmod decides that you don't deserve good hitreg, you can unload a full clip and not kill the dude running despite hitting over half of your shots. Increasing the damage of all weapons would be a way to fix that.

- Increase ammo capacity : Kind of related to the first issue. Because it takes so many bullets to kill someone, I find myself constantly running to the armory as a guard after killing only one or two prisonners. So addin 1 or 2 extra clips in every guns would be pretty good.

- Unable to pick up a secondary : I have noticed that depending on which gun you start with as a guard ( So far it seems to be the UZI and the Kriss Vector ) you are unable to pick up a secondary/pistol weapon because it considers it as both your primary and secondary.

#2 Prisonners :

- Increase the number of hidden weapons : I feel like there is just too few hidden weapons on the maps as of right now which essentialy force the prisonners to rush the armory in order to have a chance to kill the guards. On top of that add the fact that when a guard dies and drops his weapon it usualy has very little ammo left and combine that with the low damage/shitty hitboxes and it's really not worth it to try and pick it up because you most likely won't even manage to kill anyone before dying.

#3 Guards :

- Mute guards for the first 15-20 seconds of the round : This would be only so the warden is free to give the starting order without a bunch of 12 years old screaming over him leading to confused prisonners and often a lot of RDM.

Other than that the lag is also a big issue especialy when there's a lot of shooting going on or when several people speak at once but I don't really think much can be done about that.

I might add to this suggestion later on because that's all I can think of so far.
  • Jool
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Supreme Leader Of All Zarp Related Things
  • Thanks received: 774
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: EiPUS

[Jailbreak] Opinion/Additions/Balance to Jailbreak 6 years 3 months ago #941486

french and smart

:plussp:
  • EiPUS
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Slip Inside The Eye Of Your Mind
  • Thanks received: 2035
Ex. SSRP Super Administrator
Ex. Forum Global Moderator
Ex. BHOP Administrator
Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Discord staff

[Jailbreak] Opinion/Additions/Balance to Jailbreak 6 years 3 months ago #941488

Jugg Suits and Thunderguns please
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 8606

[Jailbreak] Opinion/Additions/Balance to Jailbreak 6 years 3 months ago #941489

I think all idea's here are good, especially the guard's being muted for a certain amount of time.
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4844

[Jailbreak] Opinion/Additions/Balance to Jailbreak 6 years 3 months ago #941490

You can have an Uzi/Kriss Vector and a primary, they're classed as secondaries.
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4296

ex-dog LT member on many servers

[Jailbreak] Opinion/Additions/Balance to Jailbreak 6 years 3 months ago #941491

#1: I'm trying to increase weapon damage but atm TCAdmin is not allowing me to upload files but expect changes soon to that and let me know what you think about it. Ammo will be increased on spawn too, easily done and ready to be put on the server. I'll go ahead and fix the secondary weapons issue now, forgot to set their slot.

#2: I'll speak to Patrick about increasing secrets as well as weapon spawns on the ZARP newsummer map and I'll try to see if it's possible for DEAD to script some weapon spawns for the other maps.

#3: Already a plan, you should see this soon.

The lag can be annoying I know, we're going to keep looking into this but comparing the lag today to yesterday, massive improvements were made.
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9579
The following user(s) said Thank You: EiPUS, narexa, perp
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

125 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
7/127