Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT Suggestion] Grapple

[TTT Suggestion] Grapple 6 years 3 months ago #938955

Server Name: TTT

Suggestion Title: Re-add the Grapple Hook

How would it benefit the server: This thing was fun and made the server more Unique from other servers whilst currently not much seems different (ofc there's some but not much is noticeably different) Basically this makes those odd D rounds fun sure you can go into exploit spots but there are ways to fix this by simply editing the map on hammer to add invisible walls in certain areas

Potential Issues/Exploits: N/A

Additional notes: I miss this and it not being there makes me bored asf on the server :3
  • Boxy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Poecilotheria metallica
  • Thanks received: 1035
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Boxy.
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brenzor9137

[TTT Suggestion] Grapple 6 years 3 months ago #938959

:plussp:

if it wont be added i'll slice off raekers nuts

your choice

[TTT Suggestion] Grapple 6 years 3 months ago #938960

It can be fun for the detective using it but not for anyone else. When the grapple hook was still around a lot of the time rounds came down to the last few traitors being unable to kill the detective/innocent because they are flying around the map, as a result the rounds were often long due to the delay and people tend to not like waiting.
:minussp:
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810
The following user(s) said Thank You: brenzor9137

[TTT Suggestion] Grapple 6 years 3 months ago #938962

Miia wrote:
It can be fun for the detective using it but not for anyone else. When the grapple hook was still around a lot of the time rounds came down to the last few traitors being unable to kill the detective/innocent because they are flying around the map, as a result the rounds were often long due to the delay and people tend to not like waiting.

But it was fun and the server had all the fun removed from it now it's just like every other server (almost) :(
  • Boxy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[TTT Suggestion] Grapple 6 years 3 months ago #938963

Box0 wrote:
Miia wrote:

But it was fun and the server had all the fun removed from it now it's just like every other server (almost) :(
Yeah it was fun for the person using it, not for the other 40 odd people on the server that have to wait out a delayed round because the traitors are too bad to kill them.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
The following user(s) said Thank You: brenzor9137, DaAwezomeViking

[TTT Suggestion] Grapple 6 years 3 months ago #938964

Miia wrote:
Box0 wrote:
Miia wrote:

Yeah it was fun for the person using it, not for the other 40 odd people on the server that have to wait out a delayed round because the traitors are too bad to kill them.

So make it cost multiple tokens meaning it's harder to get it :3
  • Boxy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[TTT Suggestion] Grapple 6 years 3 months ago #938965

Box0 wrote:
Miia wrote:
Box0 wrote:
Miia wrote:

That changes literally nothing. There is fuck all in the detective shop at the moment so everyone would save credits for the grapple hook. Leading to the same result of painfully delayed rounds.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaAwezomeViking

[TTT Suggestion] Grapple 6 years 3 months ago #938966

Miia wrote:
Box0 wrote:
Miia wrote:
Box0 wrote:
Miia wrote:

That changes literally nothing. There is fuck all in the detective shop at the moment so everyone would save credits for the grapple hook. Leading to the same result of painfully delayed rounds.

hmm, Nerf it so that its shit? (but still works but not enough to A: Get to exploit spots, B: fly about very good/fast C: Get away from T's fast :3
  • Boxy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[TTT Suggestion] Grapple 6 years 3 months ago #938967

Box0 wrote:
Miia wrote:
Box0 wrote:
Miia wrote:
Box0 wrote:
Miia wrote:

hmm, Nerf it so that its shit? (but still works but not enough to A: Get to exploit spots, B: fly about very good/fast C: Get away from T's fast :3
Better idea, just don't add it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit-Forgot to say that exploit spots are not a problem as if you get there with the hook it would not even be an exploit and any spot reached with the hook you can still be killed at.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Miia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaAwezomeViking, Sopheric

[TTT Suggestion] Grapple 6 years 3 months ago #938971

these replies are making me cry @Miia

[TTT Suggestion] Grapple 6 years 3 months ago #938979

To be honest no. Nerf it if it will get readded, otherwise no
  • Luki_Guki
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • guy
  • Thanks received: 1394
Fuck off Luki, why do you have to do this ear rape type beat to my homie EMP.. he JOINED YOUR CHANNEL just for you, and you welcome him like that ? come on bro, have some respect to the big ballers man, and when i say big ballers, i don't mean it in weight. He actually lost 250 pounds,

[TTT Suggestion] Grapple 6 years 3 months ago #939109

As fun as it sounds it's a no, Miia has a good point in that people already complain about delaying and rounds being too slow, this would just add to that problem
  • Xerceas
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 73
You can pick your friends or you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose.

Without excessive force.

[TTT Suggestion] Grapple 6 years 3 months ago #939127

This will be looked into and we will consider all possibilities before this is ever readded.

I wasn't around for when it was originally here, but if what Miia say's are facts, then if it were to be readded, it would be severely nerfed to ensure a fair yet enjoyable experience for all.

Once again, this isn't a promise that it will be readded, just simply we will look into it.
  • Bezzy
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex TTT Server Owner
  • Thanks received: 418
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boxy, Sopheric

[TTT Suggestion] Grapple 6 years 3 months ago #939137

Bezzy wrote:
This will be looked into and we will consider all possibilities before this is ever readded.

I wasn't around for when it was originally here, but if what Miia say's are facts, then if it were to be readded, it would be severely nerfed to ensure a fair yet enjoyable experience for all.

Once again, this isn't a promise that it will be readded, just simply we will look into it.

I mean ofc nurfing would be required as it is overpowered and simple to delay the round but My point in this suggestion is, Yes we get a lot of new players daily but how often do they come back?, sometimes a lot and sometimes not often if ever and thats due to the fact the server is similar if not the same as a lot of other servers with only a small amount thats visibly unique, I just feel this would simply make the gamemode more fun as when I use to play back in 2016 before it was removed It was a lot of fun and It was when I was new to the gamemode and the server, I played a couple servers before, Not very interested in them, I came to zarp TTT and then saw the grapple and other fun items which tend to be removed now, though as OP as it was It was amazing fun and I enjoyed to roam the map when I was a detective, Even if it's not added I'd appreciate if there were atleast some new fun items added into the game so that It could be as fun as it use to be.
  • Boxy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Boxy.

[TTT Suggestion] Grapple 6 years 3 months ago #939534

Would be fun maybe a delay could be added so you cant use it all the time.
  • DrConor
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thanks received: 339
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boxy

[TTT Suggestion] Grapple 6 years 3 months ago #939548

Box0 wrote:
Bezzy wrote:

I mean ofc nurfing would be required as it is overpowered and simple to delay the round but My point in this suggestion is, Yes we get a lot of new players daily but how often do they come back?, sometimes a lot and sometimes not often if ever and thats due to the fact the server is similar if not the same as a lot of other servers with only a small amount thats visibly unique, I just feel this would simply make the gamemode more fun as when I use to play back in 2016 before it was removed It was a lot of fun and It was when I was new to the gamemode and the server, I played a couple servers before, Not very interested in them, I came to zarp TTT and then saw the grapple and other fun items which tend to be removed now, though as OP as it was It was amazing fun and I enjoyed to roam the map when I was a detective, Even if it's not added I'd appreciate if there were atleast some new fun items added into the game so that It could be as fun as it use to be.
Do you know why it was fun? Because it was op. Same with the kek 9.Oh and about the new players not coming back: they dont come back because its boring af playing on the same map over and over.Also the lack of new content made it even worse.Thats also why a lot of old players/staff are leaving.
  • mecake
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 21
Boi.

[TTT Suggestion] Grapple 6 years 3 months ago #939669

mecake wrote:
Box0 wrote:
Bezzy wrote:

Do you know why it was fun? Because it was op. Same with the kek 9.Oh and about the new players not coming back: they dont come back because its boring af playing on the same map over and over.Also the lack of new content made it even worse.Thats also why a lot of old players/staff are leaving.

exactly why we need S2 back
  • Boxy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 3.143 seconds

153 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127