Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT Suggestion] Server XP Improvement

[TTT Suggestion] Server XP Improvement 6 years 4 months ago #912604

Bezzy wrote:
Raeker wrote:
An idea that Bezzy shared with me was completely reworking the level system so that you no longer get guns when you reach a certain level. Double EXP wouldn't actually be a pay to win option then.

Note that Bezzy did intend for the guns to be replaced with another feature, but I do not wish to misrepresent his ideas by saying things he hasn't actually said. It's a really interesting concept and as far as I'm concerned a much needed change for the server.

#Bezzy4TTTOwner

As Raeker pointed out, I have thought about this quite a lot, as I do feel as it currently stands even being a relatively good player you have to spend an IMMENSE amount of actual in-game time, not including the fact that Traitor rounds at this point are pure and otter luck.
Miia wrote:
The fact that it takes a while to level up is what makes it rewarding though. Its the sense of accomplishment of being one of the few people to make it to a high level through the grind. Any form of double XP would devalue this, regardless of if its pay to win or not.

The problem is as it currently stands, those players who have played for a long time have an extreme advantage over new players, not only have long time players developed a sense of proficiency, but they get weapons that can otherwise get them a ridiculous amount of kills before even having to reload. Sure, every weapon has it's pros and cons, but a lot of these higher leveled weapons are very lacking on cons and give the player wielding it an immense benefit opposed to low level weapons and pick up weapons, even the role specific shops have many of these weapons that at times absolutely pointless in comparison.
As far as the double XP, I understand that some people just like to grind grind grind, because I'm one of those people. But, to those people who otherwise can't spend as much time grinding for something, especially with how strong the high level weapons are in comparison. I think that rewarding those who would be willing to pay for VIP for a boost isn't that big of a deal, take almost any game nowadays, they all offer some type of boost, which is extremely useful for newer players who want to get up in levels. I would still like to move away from unlockable guns ultimately, but it wouldn't even have to be double XP, just a form of increased XP reward. I do understand isn't your cup of tea, however it's an idea that as it currently stands with how the weapons are so unbalanced in the higher levels, it would give everyone the chance to reach those higher leveled weapons, therefore putting everyone on equal footing, more or less anyways.

Bezzy wrote:
On top of which, I'm all for unlockables as it's an incentive for players to work towards, however I've always been against being able to unlock WEAPONS as it's quite honestly just unfair when this gamemode is primarily all about the guns you use.
Miia wrote:
As it currently stands its already difficult to keep long time players on the server, because of this there really is no way you can just remove unlock weapons without shafting them as well. Remember these guys have gone through the long ass grind to get some of these weapons, they have put time and effort into getting these rewards if you just take them away they would be pretty pissed. This is coming from someone who made it to max level then got their rank reset, it sucks and made me want to leave the server because i had lost everything i had worked towards, not the rank but the rewards for getting the rank, the weapons.

I would look into us being able to convert those current levels that people have into the new system I've proposed, because if scrapping the gun unlocks would otherwise reset everyone back to zero, I would be less inclined to doing that in the first place simply because as you stated, it would make everyone who's worked so hard basically have to start from scratch all over again.

Bezzy wrote:
My suggestion was just like how we had it back several years ago, we had a SKILL system, unfortunately that system is long gone, therefore if we were to switch to a system of this caliber it would need to be either remade, or one could be looked into, but with some serious changes being made to it. Obviously we could tweak things and last thing we want is to allow veterans an EXTREME advantage over new players, but a skill tree system is one of the better ideas to replace our gun system which I've never been in agreeance with allowing Veteran players to shit all over new players within seconds because they either play far to much, or have spent quite a lot of time on the server, either way.
Miia wrote:
I am really not in favor of a skill system over weapon unlocks. Yeah if this was a serious TTT server then yeah it sounds pretty cool why not. But this is zarp TTT, it is not competitive and there is no strategy or teamplay 90% of the time, which is why i play it over other TTT servers. Veterans already have an extreme advantage over new players regardless of what weapon they have, hell so many players are so new they get stuck because they don't know how to crouch jump, you think the outcome would be different if i had a AK instead of a tec 9? Old players will always have an advantage over new players because of experience changing the unlock system will not change this.

I feel the unlock system as it is is fine. It rewards the long time players that are so hard to keep around and provides an incentive for new players to stay on the server so they can unlock the weapons others are using. As i believe removing the current unlock system would make a lot of old time players leave the server(including myself) the one change i would like to see is that the unlock weapons do not stay locked behind a level. I would like to see them have a rareish chance to spawn on the map for anyone to pick up, but still give old players the power to always spawn with one.

This is what I mean, the people who are usually fine with it are those who have otherwise already obtained them, or simply don't care. But to newer players, it's extremely frustrating having to fight against players who have these weapons and spawn in with them because they simply have played a lot. That's just like being a level 50 players who goes into a level 10 zone just to kill all the low levels. Sure, depending on the game those low levels may very well be able to fight back and actually kill you, but you not only have an level advantage, but you also have a skill advantage over newer players, which to me just seems unfair to the newer players who will quite often voice their concerns about how the "Tec-9, Vector or Terror Tec" instantly kills them. They might have pros and they might have cons, but in the end their pros outweigh their cons to the point where it's just not even fun fighting players with these weapons it's not even a fair fight when these players simply need a slight upper hand, such as being a Traitor, and they 9/10 times will almost instantly kill you before you even get a chance to react.
  • Bezzy
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex TTT Server Owner
  • Thanks received: 418
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Bezzy. Reason: Quotes are hard
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker

[TTT Suggestion] Server XP Improvement 6 years 4 months ago #912622

Bezzy wrote:
but in the end their pros outweigh their cons

well if the cons outweighed what would be the point of using such a weapon?
  • Seargent44
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • F*@K
  • Thanks received: 326
Ex-TTT Super Administrator
Ex-JB Super Administrator
Ex-SSRP Moderator

[TTT Suggestion] Server XP Improvement 6 years 4 months ago #912643

Woah the original suggestion this post was made for has been completely changed, in my opinion the unlocks are fine as they are and I don’t think they need to be changed. Also, this post was supposed to be about the different ways to gain XP, so if you want somebody can make another thread to discuss the unlocks
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by eddie..

[TTT Suggestion] Server XP Improvement 6 years 4 months ago #912728

Seargent44 wrote:
Bezzy wrote:
but in the end their pros outweigh their cons

well if the cons outweighed what would be the point of using such a weapon?

Balance good sir, balance.
  • Bezzy
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex TTT Server Owner
  • Thanks received: 418
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seargent44, Sopheric
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

124 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1