Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT Suggestion] Server XP Improvement

[TTT Suggestion] Server XP Improvement 6 years 5 months ago #912131

Raeker wrote:
An idea that Bezzy shared with me was completely reworking the level system so that you no longer get guns when you reach a certain level. Double EXP wouldn't actually be a pay to win option then.

Note that Bezzy did intend for the guns to be replaced with another feature, but I do not wish to misrepresent his ideas by saying things he hasn't actually said. It's a really interesting concept and as far as I'm concerned a much needed change for the server.

#Bezzy4TTTOwner

As Raeker pointed out, I have thought about this quite a lot, as I do feel as it currently stands even being a relatively good player you have to spend an IMMENSE amount of actual in-game time, not including the fact that Traitor rounds at this point are pure and otter luck. I like the concept of adding additional things that would give you EXP because of the fact it's so hard to get as it currently stands. On top of which, I'm all for unlockables as it's an incentive for players to work towards, however I've always been against being able to unlock WEAPONS as it's quite honestly just unfair when this gamemode is primarily all about the guns you use. On top of which, the VIP system is extremely lacklustered on the TTT server with the benefits only being Auras (Why....) and Double Point shop points, which we all know is pretty meh. That being said, this is a one time payment deal for VIP across the entirety of ZARP and NEVER expires, it's an extremely good pick up if you want to reap the benefits. While I agree with avoiding the whole P2W status, this is a horrible system we have currently and it really needs to be reworked which I've touched base with EMP about in the past and he was pretty interested in my suggestion.

My suggestion was just like how we had it back several years ago, we had a SKILL system, unfortunately that system is long gone, therefore if we were to switch to a system of this caliber it would need to be either remade, or one could be looked into, but with some serious changes being made to it. Obviously we could tweak things and last thing we want is to allow veterans an EXTREME advantage over new players, but a skill tree system is one of the better ideas to replace our gun system which I've never been in agreeance with allowing Veteran players to shit all over new players within seconds because they either play far to much, or have spent quite a lot of time on the server, either way.

There's a lot that I still see that needs to be done with the server, and most of all time needs to be put into actually making things happen rather than just sitting on our asses letting things stay the way they're currently, sure we can get new people, but we should equally care about keeping our old players/staff interested and continuing to play on the server enjoying themselves, rather than them all wanting to quit and leave because nothing ever changes. Changes need to happen and I won't stand idly by watching as nothing ever changes. One hit wonders are a dying breed and if you want to keep players and staff with us, you have to let change occur or you risk losing the real part of a server, it's community.
  • Bezzy
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex TTT Server Owner
  • Thanks received: 418
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker, eddie.

[TTT Suggestion] Server XP Improvement 6 years 4 months ago #912183

EMP wrote:
Then it should probably be pretty simple just checking when the block is removed to see who was holding it and give them some xp.
but then there also times it is moved by explosions or gunfire
  • Seargent44
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • F*@K
  • Thanks received: 326
Ex-TTT Super Administrator
Ex-JB Super Administrator
Ex-SSRP Moderator

[TTT Suggestion] Server XP Improvement 6 years 4 months ago #912190

Seargent44 wrote:
EMP wrote:
Then it should probably be pretty simple just checking when the block is removed to see who was holding it and give them some xp.
but then there also times it is moved by explosions or gunfire
Yeah but then it should be worked to only grant xp to those who have picked it up with the mag stick and brought it to the tester spot. If those two conditions aren't met then the player shouldn't be given xp. Shots and explosions as well shouldn't be logged upon collision with the block itself.
  • Sopheric
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 534
♦ Ex. Prop Hunt [PH] Super Administrator ♦ Ex. Teamspeak Staff ♦
♦ Ex. Trouble in Terrorist Town [TTT] Administrator ♦

Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Sopheric.

[TTT Suggestion] Server XP Improvement 6 years 4 months ago #912197

Bezzy wrote:
Raeker wrote:
An idea that Bezzy shared with me was completely reworking the level system so that you no longer get guns when you reach a certain level. Double EXP wouldn't actually be a pay to win option then.

Note that Bezzy did intend for the guns to be replaced with another feature, but I do not wish to misrepresent his ideas by saying things he hasn't actually said. It's a really interesting concept and as far as I'm concerned a much needed change for the server.

#Bezzy4TTTOwner

As Raeker pointed out, I have thought about this quite a lot, as I do feel as it currently stands even being a relatively good player you have to spend an IMMENSE amount of actual in-game time, not including the fact that Traitor rounds at this point are pure and otter luck. I like the concept of adding additional things that would give you EXP because of the fact it's so hard to get as it currently stands. On top of which, I'm all for unlockables as it's an incentive for players to work towards, however I've always been against being able to unlock WEAPONS as it's quite honestly just unfair when this gamemode is primarily all about the guns you use. On top of which, the VIP system is extremely lacklustered on the TTT server with the benefits only being Auras (Why....) and Double Point shop points, which we all know is pretty meh. That being said, this is a one time payment deal for VIP across the entirety of ZARP and NEVER expires, it's an extremely good pick up if you want to reap the benefits. While I agree with avoiding the whole P2W status, this is a horrible system we have currently and it really needs to be reworked which I've touched base with EMP about in the past and he was pretty interested in my suggestion.

My suggestion was just like how we had it back several years ago, we had a SKILL system, unfortunately that system is long gone, therefore if we were to switch to a system of this caliber it would need to be either remade, or one could be looked into, but with some serious changes being made to it. Obviously we could tweak things and last thing we want is to allow veterans an EXTREME advantage over new players, but a skill tree system is one of the better ideas to replace our gun system which I've never been in agreeance with allowing Veteran players to shit all over new players within seconds because they either play far to much, or have spent quite a lot of time on the server, either way.

There's a lot that I still see that needs to be done with the server, and most of all time needs to be put into actually making things happen rather than just sitting on our asses letting things stay the way they're currently, sure we can get new people, but we should equally care about keeping our old players/staff interested and continuing to play on the server enjoying themselves, rather than them all wanting to quit and leave because nothing ever changes. Changes need to happen and I won't stand idly by watching as nothing ever changes. One hit wonders are a dying breed and if you want to keep players and staff with us, you have to let change occur or you risk losing the real part of a server, it's community.
An idea I had was that all the unlockable guns can be found around the map and the things you can unlock by level would be weapon skins, so there would be no competitive advantage but they would make your weapons look much better, like we used to have with the AKs. That would be a nice thing to work towards on the server and would give players the incentive to play while them not unlocking any advantage over other players.
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by eddie..

[TTT Suggestion] Server XP Improvement 6 years 4 months ago #912221

How about a renting system for weapons for certain amount of time/rounds
  • Seargent44
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • F*@K
Ex-SSRP Moderator

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mattors

[TTT Suggestion] Server XP Improvement 6 years 4 months ago #912223

Seargent44 wrote:
As in you buy the weapon and only keep it for a certain amount of time?
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by eddie..

[TTT Suggestion] Server XP Improvement 6 years 4 months ago #912224

_Eddie_ wrote:
Seargent44 wrote:

Yeah, like you can pay X pointshop points and u can use the tec 9 for 2 rounds, think its a good idea
  • Mattors
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 저는 사과를 좋아해요
  • Thanks received: 550

[TTT Suggestion] Server XP Improvement 6 years 4 months ago #912225

MattorS wrote:
_Eddie_ wrote:
Seargent44 wrote:

Yeah, like you can pay X pointshop points and u can use the tec 9 for 2 rounds, think its a good idea
Yeah that would work really well actually
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

[TTT Suggestion] Server XP Improvement 6 years 4 months ago #912237

MattorS wrote:
_Eddie_ wrote:
Seargent44 wrote:

Well a value in points would have to be assigned to each unlockable, presumably based off their unlock level, with the higher the unlock level the more expensive being the cost. Once that's done though, it shouldn't be too difficult to get this implemented into the pointshop.

The only thing I'm concerned about is the format of duration being rounds, as players, primarily newer, will save up their points to buy the vector (for example) to use it for 2 rounds but with the unpredictability of TTT rounds, they might not end up getting to use it at all. By which, I mean they could get RDM'ed in your first round because of a rulebreaker and their next, they spawn in nether and die from bugs. There are many more scenarios I could go on about.

My point being: either the duration has to be a fair amount of rounds regardless of the unlock level
e.g. Contender cost 15k points, last 5/6 rounds. A Tek-9 costs 100k points, last 5/6 rounds
(The cost is purely for the example, I haven't the slightest clue how much to price them)

OR the point value of the unlockables needs to be generally low but relative to their unlock level if the duration is to be short
e.g. Contender costs 10k points, lasts 2/3 rounds. Tek-9 costs 80k points, lasts 4/5 rounds
  • Sopheric
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[TTT Suggestion] Server XP Improvement 6 years 4 months ago #912238

Ramen wrote:
MattorS wrote:
_Eddie_ wrote:
Seargent44 wrote:

Well a value in points would have to be assigned to each unlockable, presumably based off their unlock level, with the higher the unlock level the more expensive being the cost. Once that's done though, it shouldn't be too difficult to get this implemented into the pointshop.

The only thing I'm concerned about is the format of duration being rounds, as players, primarily newer, will save up their points to buy the vector (for example) to use it for 2 rounds but with the unpredictability of TTT rounds, they might not end up getting to use it at all. I mean they could get RDM'ed in your first round because of a rulebreaker and their next, they spawn in nether and die from bugs. There are many more scenarios I could go on about.

My point being: either the duration has to be a fair amount of rounds regardless of the unlock level
e.g. Contender cost 15k points, last 5/6 rounds. A Tek-9 costs 100k points, last 5/6 rounds
(The cost is purely for the example, I haven't the slightest clue how much to price them)

OR the point value of the unlockables needs to be generally low but relative to their unlock level if the duration is to be short
e.g. Contender costs 10k points, lasts 2/3 rounds. Tek-9 costs 80k points, lasts 4/5 rounds
That wouldn't work because there are billions and billions of exploited point shop points and there are other servers that can give you more points in a smaller time frame so it would be unfair for those playing purely TTT
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3307

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

[TTT Suggestion] Server XP Improvement 6 years 4 months ago #912239

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Tbf I was only thinking of those who primarily, if not only, play TTT so taking into account what you stated, I can see how it would end up not faring well for those players. Thanks for the feedback.
  • Sopheric
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[TTT Suggestion] Server XP Improvement 6 years 4 months ago #912242

ok how about rent tokens ? get 1 rent token after you get a certain amount of xp eg after 500xp you get 1 token then after another 500xp you get another token then varying upon the weapon the different amount of tokens need to be spent
  • Seargent44
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • F*@K
Ex-SSRP Moderator

[TTT Suggestion] Server XP Improvement 6 years 4 months ago #912246

Seargent44 wrote:
ok how about rent tokens ? get 1 rent token after you get a certain amount of xp eg after 500xp you get 1 token then after another 500xp you get another token then varying upon the weapon the different amount of tokens need to be spent

:plussp:
  • Sopheric
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[TTT Suggestion] Server XP Improvement 6 years 4 months ago #912252

Or we can just add them to the T+D weapon shop!
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3307

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

[TTT Suggestion] Server XP Improvement 6 years 4 months ago #912254

Nick0GR wrote:
Or we can just add them to the T+D weapon shop!
but then people who have unlocked them can be rdmed with people claiming they were holding a t weapon
  • Seargent44
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • F*@K
Ex-SSRP Moderator

[TTT Suggestion] Server XP Improvement 6 years 4 months ago #912256

Bezzy wrote:
Raeker wrote:

#Bezzy4TTTOwner

As Raeker pointed out, I have thought about this quite a lot, as I do feel as it currently stands even being a relatively good player you have to spend an IMMENSE amount of actual in-game time, not including the fact that Traitor rounds at this point are pure and otter luck.
The fact that it takes a while to level up is what makes it rewarding though. Its the sense of accomplishment of being one of the few people to make it to a high level through the grind. Any form of double XP would devalue this, regardless of if its pay to win or not.

Bezzy wrote:
On top of which, I'm all for unlockables as it's an incentive for players to work towards, however I've always been against being able to unlock WEAPONS as it's quite honestly just unfair when this gamemode is primarily all about the guns you use.
As it currently stands its already difficult to keep long time players on the server, because of this there really is no way you can just remove unlock weapons without shafting them as well. Remember these guys have gone through the long ass grind to get some of these weapons, they have put time and effort into getting these rewards if you just take them away they would be pretty pissed. This is coming from someone who made it to max level then got their rank reset, it sucks and made me want to leave the server because i had lost everything i had worked towards, not the rank but the rewards for getting the rank, the weapons.

Bezzy wrote:
I am really not in favor of a skill system over weapon unlocks. Yeah if this was a serious TTT server then yeah it sounds pretty cool why not. But this is zarp TTT, it is not competitive and there is no strategy or teamplay 90% of the time, which is why i play it over other TTT servers. Veterans already have an extreme advantage over new players regardless of what weapon they have, hell so many players are so new they get stuck because they don't know how to crouch jump, you think the outcome would be different if i had a AK instead of a tec 9? Old players will always have an advantage over new players because of experience changing the unlock system will not change this.

I feel the unlock system as it is is fine. It rewards the long time players that are so hard to keep around and provides an incentive for new players to stay on the server so they can unlock the weapons others are using. As i believe removing the current unlock system would make a lot of old time players leave the server(including myself) the one change i would like to see is that the unlock weapons do not stay locked behind a level. I would like to see them have a rareish chance to spawn on the map for anyone to pick up, but still give old players the power to always spawn with one.

Seargent44 wrote:
Whats the point tho? New players still have no way to get the weapons consistently and old players have the points to rent it always. This changes literally nothing.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Miia.

[TTT Suggestion] Server XP Improvement 6 years 4 months ago #912264

Miia wrote:
The fact that it takes a while to level up is what makes it rewarding though. Its the sense of accomplishment of being one of the few people to make it to a high level through the grind.
EA wrote:
The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different heroes.

As for cost, we selected initial values based upon data from the Open Beta and other adjustments made to milestone rewards before launch. Among other things, we're looking at average per-player credit earn rates on a daily basis, and we'll be making constant adjustments to ensure that players have challenges that are compelling, rewarding, and of course attainable via gameplay.

We appreciate the candid feedback, and the passion the community has put forth around the current topics here on Reddit, our forums and across numerous social media outlets.

Our team will continue to make changes and monitor community feedback and update everyone as soon and as often as we can.

Miia = EA confirmed?
  • LonelyDodo
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Carpe Noctem
  • Thanks received: 528
Ex
TTT Head Administrator
Prophunt Administrator

add me on steam: Steamcommunity.com/id/lonelydodo

The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker, Seargent44, Sopheric

[TTT Suggestion] Server XP Improvement 6 years 4 months ago #912275

LonelyDodo wrote:
Miia wrote:
The fact that it takes a while to level up is what makes it rewarding though. Its the sense of accomplishment of being one of the few people to make it to a high level through the grind.
EA wrote:
The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different heroes.

As for cost, we selected initial values based upon data from the Open Beta and other adjustments made to milestone rewards before launch. Among other things, we're looking at average per-player credit earn rates on a daily basis, and we'll be making constant adjustments to ensure that players have challenges that are compelling, rewarding, and of course attainable via gameplay.

We appreciate the candid feedback, and the passion the community has put forth around the current topics here on Reddit, our forums and across numerous social media outlets.

Our team will continue to make changes and monitor community feedback and update everyone as soon and as often as we can.

Miia = EA confirmed?
The similarities between Miia's comment and the most downvoted comment in Reddit history is astounding. I don't think there is any doubt now that Miia is indeed EA.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seargent44, Sopheric

[TTT Suggestion] Server XP Improvement 6 years 4 months ago #912315

NO TO REMOVING THE GUNS

:against:
  • fl1k
  • User is blocked
  • Thanks received: 36

[TTT Suggestion] Server XP Improvement 6 years 4 months ago #912445

I hate the idea of renting guns, You get to level and you are telling me i have to waste my points just to use a gun I grinded hours for. This just devalues the reward making it pointless to even get a level. One of the main reason i like Zarp is due to its weapon unlocks as its fun and rewarding, If this was switched for something else I honestly would be disappointed.
  • DrConor
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thanks received: 339
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

124 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
7/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT