Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [Forums] Bump Limiting

[Forums] Bump Limiting 6 years 5 months ago #906869

I swear I remember when you couldn't double post on your thread or bump before 24 hours.
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 4844
Login or register to post a reply.

[Forums] Bump Limiting 6 years 5 months ago #906892

MattorS wrote:
Seriously though, I agree that people constantly "bumping" their posts shouldn't be allowed however I would imagine this rules would be quite harsh to impose and people would just bump by saying like "that's for the feedback "name."

As much as I agree, I don't feel this is plausible.

Anything is possible, because as I stated that this could easily be enforced underneath the TOU listed as "Be Patient" Someone who bumps their application nearly every few hours clearly isn't being patient, and I see no good reason for anyone to be allowed to bump repeatedly.

Narexa wrote:
I swear I remember when you couldn't double post on your thread or bump before 24 hours.

I haven't heard nor seen anything listed as such, or I'm sure @Raeker of all people would of made me aware of it, and since he hasn't, I doubt there is such a thing.
  • Bezzy
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex TTT Server Owner
  • Thanks received: 418
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Bezzy.

[Forums] Bump Limiting 6 years 5 months ago #906902

Narexa wrote:
This hasn't be a thing since the past year I've been staff. Though I have to add that I don't think such a rule is necessary either. Unconstructive posting (that "bumping" falls under) isn't allowed, so bumping a post too much will result in a forum ban. How much can be considered "too much" is up to the forum staff member, and I do believe some leniency is required.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577

[Forums] Bump Limiting 6 years 5 months ago #906904

Silly suggestion its not even a big problem and if people are doing it unnecessarily it usually just gets locked.
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1365

[Forums] Bump Limiting 6 years 5 months ago #906905

Bad idea.
  • Yojonatan
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Hi
  • Thanks received: 77
Ex SSRP Moderator

Only way is Daf
Holland style

My steam: Click!

[Forums] Bump Limiting 6 years 5 months ago #906908

Raeker wrote:
Narexa wrote:
This hasn't be a thing since the past year I've been staff. Though I have to add that I don't think such a rule is necessary either. Unconstructive posting (that "bumping" falls under) isn't allowed, so bumping a post too much will result in a forum ban. How much can be considered "too much" is up to the forum staff member, and I do believe some leniency is required.

While I do agree that a rule might be unnecessary, I would like to see a little bit more presence and attention when it comes to repeatedly bumping of ones post, because while someone people might say "It's not a problem." They clearly don't care enough or read the posts that have this problem. When I go through someone's application, and their application hasn't even been up from for more than two days, I shouldn't have to see that 9 of the replies are from them bumping every few hours, and even during the forums "Busiest" times, it still isn't required to bump it as often as people do it.
  • Bezzy
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex TTT Server Owner
  • Thanks received: 418

[Forums] Bump Limiting 6 years 5 months ago #906995

Bezzy wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Narexa wrote:

While I do agree that a rule might be unnecessary, I would like to see a little bit more presence and attention when it comes to repeatedly bumping of ones post, because while someone people might say "It's not a problem." They clearly don't care enough or read the posts that have this problem. When I go through someone's application, and their application hasn't even been up from for more than two days, I shouldn't have to see that 9 of the replies are from them bumping every few hours, and even during the forums "Busiest" times, it still isn't required to bump it as often as people do it.
All I can ask is for any and all forum members that when they see someone unnecessarily bumping a post to inform the user that this can get them banned. Obviously this should be the forum staff's job, but we can't be on every post at all times I'm afraid.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Raeker.
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds

125 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
7/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop