Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Vote

I agree with everything in the post 1 20%
I like the idea but not the way you're given Verified Account 3 60%
I dislike the idea 1 20%
Total number of voters: 5 ( EMP, Windows, bunnyslippers69, Magik, catboy sven ツ )
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: Suggestion Forum - Verified Forum Accounts

Suggestion Forum - Verified Forum Accounts 6 years 5 months ago #901559

Server Name: Forums

Suggestion Title: Verified Forum Accounts to avoid further spam from bots

How would it benefit the server: No spam posts with pills that enhances your penis. Also less work for Sally to do.

Potential Issues/Exploits: Newer players can be frustrated and confused to post. Also if you struggle to get your paid VIP you cannot create a forum post for help so best way is to use the contact button which should be more visible if this system was to be implemented.

Additional notes:

You can get verified in different ways. Purchasing VIP should automatically give you a verified account allowing you to post as that's proof enough you're human. You should also be able to simply ask a forum mod+ for verification. Also anyone that has enough posts should get verification without a second thought as they're clearly human (Most of them atleast).

An argument would be that alot of mods would have to spend time giving new users verification all the time but that time is already being wasted right now removing bot posts 24/7. IMO there would be less time spent in the long run if this system was to be implemented.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by catboy sven ツ.
The topic has been locked.

Suggestion Forum - Verified Forum Accounts 6 years 5 months ago #901568

If you have a banned forum account on the same IP your account has to be verified by a Forum Moderator, however this will be annoying af if you have to wait to get your first forum account verified aswell
  • Ashur
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 1274

Suggestion Forum - Verified Forum Accounts 6 years 5 months ago #903264

No thanks, Chute and I have always loved how easy it is for anyone to be able to join the community and interact on the forums. We don't want to do anything that would deter legitimate users from joining the community. We already have several internal mechanisms and third party spam providers who we use to validate accounts in the background. But any other sort of wide spread validation measures would also effect legit users and thats not something we want. The forum team does a great job of removing spam posts when they pop up and all you need to do is report the post and a moderator will deal with it.
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

177 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32