Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [Murder] Suggestion

[Murder] Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #893946

Bezzy wrote:
Dom12887 wrote:
Bezzy wrote:
Dom12887 wrote:
This isnt needed, if you see a player leave after rdming contact an admin and we will ban them for ltap.

I'm not sure how you think banning someone for something as little as a single RDM is better than adding the ability to auto slay next round, that way if they do reconnect, at least they receive some sort of punishment down the line.
The average murder round is probably a minute long, it is far more beneficial to ban them for a day so they know what they've done rather than just letting them reconnect to wait 30 seconds to play again.

The reason why your rounds don't last long is because of your small player base, and by banning those who end up breaking a single rule, you're legitimately killing any hope for a player base. I have nothing to do with Murder, but this seriously needs to be fixed, cause y'all banning people over a single RDM just because you don't feel it's enough of a punishment by slaying them for a round is absolutely absurd. You banning them is what is literally killing your player base, and if I were a player who got banned because I broke a single rule which is by no means something that major deserving of a ban, I would NEVER play there again.
When did anyone ever say we ban people for rdm? we have been trained to ban people who rdm + ltap just like deathrun and prophunt the punishments are the same. When people rdm and leave straight away banning them is hardly killing the playerbase.
  • redacted
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Valar Morghulis
  • Thanks received: 441
Ex Murder Admin
Ex Deathrun Admin x3
Ex Prophunt Admin
Ex TTT Moderator
Login or register to post a reply.

[Murder] Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #893947

Dom12887 wrote:
Bezzy wrote:
Dom12887 wrote:
Bezzy wrote:
Dom12887 wrote:
This isnt needed, if you see a player leave after rdming contact an admin and we will ban them for ltap.

I'm not sure how you think banning someone for something as little as a single RDM is better than adding the ability to auto slay next round, that way if they do reconnect, at least they receive some sort of punishment down the line.
The average murder round is probably a minute long, it is far more beneficial to ban them for a day so they know what they've done rather than just letting them reconnect to wait 30 seconds to play again.

The reason why your rounds don't last long is because of your small player base, and by banning those who end up breaking a single rule, you're legitimately killing any hope for a player base. I have nothing to do with Murder, but this seriously needs to be fixed, cause y'all banning people over a single RDM just because you don't feel it's enough of a punishment by slaying them for a round is absolutely absurd. You banning them is what is literally killing your player base, and if I were a player who got banned because I broke a single rule which is by no means something that major deserving of a ban, I would NEVER play there again.
When did anyone ever say we ban people for rdm? we have been trained to ban people who rdm + ltap just like deathrun and prophunt the punishments are the same. When people rdm and leave straight away banning them is hardly killing the playerbase.
Prophunt known for its high amount of RDM.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810
The following user(s) said Thank You: redacted

[Murder] Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #893950

Miia wrote:
Dom12887 wrote:
Bezzy wrote:
Dom12887 wrote:
Bezzy wrote:
Dom12887 wrote:

Prophunt known for its high amount of RDM.
I meant for it to be like when they break a rule and ltap but i didnt make it clear enough lol
  • redacted
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Valar Morghulis
Ex Murder Admin
Ex Deathrun Admin x3
Ex Prophunt Admin
Ex TTT Moderator

[Murder] Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #893956

Dom12887 wrote:
Bezzy wrote:
Dom12887 wrote:
Bezzy wrote:
Dom12887 wrote:

If I wasn't clear, this is about the fact you ban people for RDMing then LTAP, I apologize if that seemed unclear.

Regardless, you realize that by banning part of your player base because they RDM a single time and then LTAP, is absurd. What if they end up trying to reconnect and realize "Oh, I'm banned. Well, looks like I'll just find another Murder Server." Murder is a small gamemode as it is, and by banning those people you're severely limiting players you have.

Deathrun and Prophunt might have the same punishments as Murder because it's underneath the same owner, but it doesn't mean you can RDM on Prophunt, and those kind of things should be based off the gamemode, not a system that's built for them all, because then you run into things like this, cause whether or not you agree with me, you are killing part of your player base by banning people who RDM ONCE and then LTAP.
  • Bezzy
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex TTT Server Owner
  • Thanks received: 418

[Murder] Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #893965

Bezzy wrote:
Dom12887 wrote:
Bezzy wrote:
Dom12887 wrote:
Bezzy wrote:
Dom12887 wrote:

If I wasn't clear, this is about the fact you ban people for RDMing then LTAP, I apologize if that seemed unclear.

Regardless, you realize that by banning part of your player base because they RDM a single time and then LTAP, is absurd. What if they end up trying to reconnect and realize "Oh, I'm banned. Well, looks like I'll just find another Murder Server." Murder is a small gamemode as it is, and by banning those people you're severely limiting players you have.

Deathrun and Prophunt might have the same punishments as Murder because it's underneath the same owner, but it doesn't mean you can RDM on Prophunt, and those kind of things should be based off the gamemode, not a system that's built for them all, because then you run into things like this, cause whether or not you agree with me, you are killing part of your player base by banning people who RDM ONCE and then LTAP.
So the argument you're making is that since were banning clear rulebreakers who rdm and ltap, were ruining the playerbase? I disagree with this since the players who do like to play murder hate being rdmed and playing with rulebreakers so if we give them 1 awful excuse of a punishment by making them wait a minute or two before they can play again, this will lose the interest of the players who want to play thus decreasing the player count alot more than just banning the rdm ltappers.

And if i was unclear about having the same punishments on prophunt and deathrun, any rulebreak such as mic spam, ghosting etc followed by leaving results as a ban and murder should be no different.
  • redacted
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Valar Morghulis
Ex Murder Admin
Ex Deathrun Admin x3
Ex Prophunt Admin
Ex TTT Moderator

[Murder] Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #893972

Dom12887 wrote:
Bezzy wrote:
Dom12887 wrote:
Bezzy wrote:
Dom12887 wrote:
Bezzy wrote:
Dom12887 wrote:

So the argument you're making is that since were banning clear rulebreakers who rdm and ltap, were ruining the playerbase? I disagree with this since the players who do like to play murder hate being rdmed and playing with rulebreakers so if we give them 1 awful excuse of a punishment by making them wait a minute or two before they can play again, this will lose the interest of the players who want to play thus decreasing the player count alot more than just banning the rdm ltappers.

And if i was unclear about having the same punishments on prophunt and deathrun, any rulebreak such as mic spam, ghosting etc followed by leaving results as a ban and murder should be no different.

The point was banning for 1 minor rulebreak which can easily happen given murders tendency to spook players with the gun or even the glitchy ass models that often display the knife animation when they dont have a knife is way to harsh. No player who gets banned for 1 RDM+LTAP will ever return to the server, and you need all the players you can get.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bezzy

[Murder] Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #893976

Miia wrote:
Dom12887 wrote:
Bezzy wrote:
Dom12887 wrote:
Bezzy wrote:
Dom12887 wrote:
Bezzy wrote:
Dom12887 wrote:

The point was banning for 1 minor rulebreak which can easily happen given murders tendency to spook players with the gun or even the glitchy ass models that often display the knife animation when they dont have a knife is way to harsh. No player who gets banned for 1 RDM+LTAP will ever return to the server, and you need all the players you can get.
We don't ban for 1 minor rulebreak, RDM's happen and we verbal for that and warn if they do it again. There is a difference between rdm and rdm + ltap
  • redacted
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Valar Morghulis
Ex Murder Admin
Ex Deathrun Admin x3
Ex Prophunt Admin
Ex TTT Moderator

[Murder] Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #893979

Dom12887 wrote:
Miia wrote:
Dom12887 wrote:
Bezzy wrote:
Dom12887 wrote:
Bezzy wrote:
Dom12887 wrote:
Bezzy wrote:
Dom12887 wrote:

We don't ban for 1 minor rulebreak, RDM's happen and we verbal for that and warn if they do it again. There is a difference between rdm and rdm + ltap

RDM and LTAP is minor, that's the point. We aren't talking about someone who is repetitively RDMing every round and then ultimately decided to leave, we're talking about if I were to join the server, get the gun and shot someone, realized it was a innocent and then left, I would be banned for it. You are killing your player base by limiting the players you get, and this is part of the reason why everyone says "Murder is dying" "Murder is dead" "Why do we even have a Murder server when it's so dead?" While I understand that from your POV you see it as the "only" way to deal with rule breakers, but this is not at all the case, which is exactly why I started this in the first place.
  • Bezzy
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex TTT Server Owner
  • Thanks received: 418

[Murder] Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #893984

This is getting way off topic guys, I understand your need to discuss this further but this topic is to suggest the addition of a command not if we should or shouldn't ban RDM + LTAP!
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3307

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

[Murder] Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #893989

Nick0GR wrote:
This is getting way off topic guys, I understand your need to discuss this further but this topic is to suggest the addition of a command not if we should or shouldn't ban RDM + LTAP!
As long as it is constructive posting i think it is fine. it is a legitimate topic. Also it does relate to the original topic
  • Deathwalks
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 46
ex-TTT Admin
Add me here

[Murder] Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #894091

WelcomingComic2 wrote:
The most people i have ever seen on Murder is a grand total of 5 bit of a waste considering the most time it has 0 players the majority of the time so i don't think it would be worth bothering with this

I mean, we do get up to 20 depending on the time

Regarding the suggestion, I still feel we do things different than TTT, we punish as soon as someone is RDMd because there are not long stories behind the rule break.
However, when someone is rdmd, we slay and warn so it is normally solved instantly.

I do support this though because it is not fair for the killed
  • BDnico17
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • That Spanish Guy
  • Thanks received: 309

[Murder] Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #894161

Nick0GR wrote:
Bezzy wrote:
Dom12887 wrote:

You know, if we banned every player who RDM'd and then LTAP'd, TTT would have hardly any player base, because the majority of the random players would all be banned. lol

Users shouldn't be banned for Mass RDM + LTAP anyways, me and Aek agreed it was too much and I told Aek to talk to Wolfi about it because in his pieces of training Wolfi says you should ban people that Mass RDM + LTAP. Sadly Aek resigned from his position as a head admin and when I try to speak out someone always shuts me down and no one is willing to listen to my argument no matter how well thought and constructed they may be.

But why haven't you tried to contact me then? I have never heard of this and I have talked with you both in private and public after Aek resigned, so why didn't you bring that up then?
  • Wolfi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Future Owner and Manager of Murder
  • Thanks received: 2707
The following user(s) said Thank You: redacted
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

146 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1