Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT] Rule change Suggestion

[TTT] Rule change Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #893128

Server Name: TTT

Suggestion Title: Change of the KOS if killed innocent No matter what thing > KOS if killed innocent for actual reasons

How would it benefit the server: It means like in a scenario such as, someone kills you They might be a traitor, You shoot back killing them, Turns out they're innocent then you get killed for killing an innocent, This isnt very smart because You dont know if they're Traitor or Innocent when you kill them meaning you miss out on some of a round because you killed someone who was killing you.

Potential Issues/Exploits: Uh RDMers can abuse the fuck out of it. But then admin logs so i guess ok..

Additional notes: I've just had this scenario happen to me a couple times and its annoying asf
  • Boxy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Poecilotheria metallica
  • Thanks received: 1035
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Boxy.
Login or register to post a reply.

[TTT] Rule change Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #893142

Killing an innocent is just a traitor act, If the rule was changed it would be to easily abuse by certain roles such as traitors, Traitors would only have to kos everyone and if someone killed that player for following that kos they would report then for rdm. Therefor i cant support this rule suggestion.

:minussp:
  • DrConor
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thanks received: 339
The following user(s) said Thank You: eddie.

[TTT] Rule change Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #893145

This would lead to exploitting the rule

Imagine this scenario

T1 camps in T room and calls KOSes to every single innocent one by one and T2 goes after them and kills them. Since they were KOSed T2 has a reason to suspect they were a T and therefore cannot be killed or it woumd class as RDM

Scenario 2:

You are a detective and find a body with DNA. You use the DNA to track their killer and kill them. You get reported and slain because the other inno had shot first

This rule is by far way too exploitative and therefore cannot be added in my opinion
  • LonelyDodo
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Carpe Noctem
  • Thanks received: 528
Ex
TTT Head Administrator
Prophunt Administrator

add me on steam: Steamcommunity.com/id/lonelydodo

[TTT] Rule change Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #893151

Yeah but its so fucking annoying when you get shot and you shoot back but it's an innocent who shot you
  • Boxy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[TTT] Rule change Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #893152

Box0 wrote:
Yeah but its so fucking annoying when you get shot and you shoot back but it's an innocent who shot you
Identify the body and then throw it in T room so no one can get DNA
  • LonelyDodo
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Carpe Noctem
  • Thanks received: 528
Ex
TTT Head Administrator
Prophunt Administrator

add me on steam: Steamcommunity.com/id/lonelydodo

[TTT] Rule change Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #893156

LonelyDodo wrote:
Box0 wrote:

Then he would be killed for committing a t act.
  • DrConor
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thanks received: 339

[TTT] Rule change Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #893160

This is one of those things that will unfortunately happen from time to time, and especially with the server full, you can expect to see things like this happening more often because there's so many other people, that the majority of them just joined to play, and don't really care about anything more than just playing the game however they feel like it.

The problem with your suggestion is that it's far to exploitable, and while you might not be happy with how things are now, if we changed things to how you suggested, you're actually making things far more worse.

:minussp:
  • Bezzy
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex TTT Server Owner
  • Thanks received: 418

[TTT] Rule change Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #893186

Killing an innocent player will always be a traitorous act. While it can be annoying(or amazing when you get a chain going) it would cause far too many problems to have it any other way and lets be honest killing an innocent is a very traitorous thing to do. My guess is for this to work you are suggesting that if a player kills an innocent they should be questioned as to why they did it, in which case there are a few issues.

First it would slow down the game a lot if every time an innocent was killed they had to stop to question someone, this also leads to another problem, it would be very unfair for players without mics if they needed to question someone as to why they killed an innocent. The amount of times they would get killed typing "why did you kill them name" would make them not want to do it, so potential traitors could kill innocents in the middle of the map and get away with it.

Second even if you provide a reason for killing an innocent why should players be forced to believe you and not kill you? If giving a reason for killing an innocent was enough to not get you killed it would be extremely exploitable. For example as a traitor i go around the map killing innocents and then make up excuses after each kill, "he shot me", "i had DNA" etc. If players were forced to believe a reason for killing an innocent it could completely break the game and if we can't force people to believe it then there is no point in making them ask why an innocent was killed in the first place.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bezzy, eddie.

[TTT] Rule change Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #893225

Drconor wrote:
LonelyDodo wrote:
Box0 wrote:

Then he would be killed for committing a t act.
Lmao, there is no escape
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

[TTT] Rule change Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #893429

Miia wrote:
Killing an innocent player will always be a traitorous act. While it can be annoying(or amazing when you get a chain going) it would cause far too many problems to have it any other way and lets be honest killing an innocent is a very traitorous thing to do. My guess is for this to work you are suggesting that if a player kills an innocent they should be questioned as to why they did it, in which case there are a few issues.

First it would slow down the game a lot if every time an innocent was killed they had to stop to question someone, this also leads to another problem, it would be very unfair for players without mics if they needed to question someone as to why they killed an innocent. The amount of times they would get killed typing "why did you kill them name" would make them not want to do it, so potential traitors could kill innocents in the middle of the map and get away with it.

Second even if you provide a reason for killing an innocent why should players be forced to believe you and not kill you? If giving a reason for killing an innocent was enough to not get you killed it would be extremely exploitable. For example as a traitor i go around the map killing innocents and then make up excuses after each kill, "he shot me", "i had DNA" etc. If players were forced to believe a reason for killing an innocent it could completely break the game and if we can't force people to believe it then there is no point in making them ask why an innocent was killed in the first place.

Jesus... How long do you spend writing these?, You go into so much detail JUST to state that it's a traitor act D:
  • Boxy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[TTT] Rule change Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #893432

im afraid we got to cope with this annoying problem.
  • Gurren Lagan
  • Senior Boarder
  • walking like an Egyptian
  • Thanks received: 201

Feel free to add me on steam :) : steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198122672058/

[TTT] Rule change Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #893475

It means like in a scenario such as, someone kills you They might be a traitor, You shoot back killing them.
1.This makes no sense.

2.If an Innocent shoots you and your also an Innocent and you think he ARDMed you then report him for ARDM by typing !report into the chat.

3.Like the other said its quite exploitable so... fuck it you respawn the next round and can then play again as an innocent/traitor/detective.
  • mecake
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 21
Boi.

[TTT] Rule change Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #894456

Box0 wrote:
Miia wrote:

Jesus... How long do you spend writing these?, You go into so much detail JUST to state that it's a traitor act D:

Miia types more then an xnator application for head admin xD
  • Jax
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • That's the way it is.
  • Thanks received: 294

Ranks I had: TTT Super admin x1, TTT Admin x5, Murder Admin x1, Prophunt Admin x1
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds

186 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32