Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [TTT] Unlocks Suggestion

[TTT] Unlocks Suggestion 6 years 6 months ago #890647

Server Name: TTT

Suggestion Title: Unlock Suggestion

How would it benefit the server: Make unlocks more useful and worthwhile

Potential Issues/Exploits: Coding

Additional notes: It would be nice if you could use a primary unlock and a secondary unlock, this would be good for people that want to use the Contender, but while using that as a sniper do not get a good gun for combat. It would be good for people that are using the tec 9 so that they can have a shotgun as well. It's just annoying not being able to equip a primary and a secondary, I like to use the Contender but when I do I then can't use any of the good guns I have unlocked for my primary slot. This would make ranking up and unlocking guns a lot more fun and rewarding
  • Eddie2.0
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Eddie2.0.
Login or register to post a reply.

[TTT] Unlock Suggestion 6 years 6 months ago #890650

:plussp:
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3307

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eddie2.0

[TTT] Unlock Suggestion 6 years 6 months ago #890658

No, overpowered.
  • Dewie
  • Expert Boarder
  • Stop.
  • Thanks received: 561

[TTT] Unlock Suggestion 6 years 6 months ago #890661

Smojea. wrote:
No, overpowered.
Not really, most unlock guns are already overpowered like the Tec 9, anyway that's the point of ranking up, you already become OP by ranking up on Zarp
  • Eddie2.0
  • Fresh Boarder

[TTT] Unlock Suggestion 6 years 6 months ago #890662

I don't see much of a need for adding this as it seems to only be needed because of the contender. No one is using the luger and with tec 9 you want a sniper rather then any of the other unlock weapons. To be honest no one really uses contender as well, there are just better weapons, even if given the option to have something like a vector and contender i still would not use it.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810

[TTT] Unlock Suggestion 6 years 6 months ago #890664

Would love to see this implemented or at the very least considered!
  • Sopheric
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 534
♦ Ex. Prop Hunt [PH] Super Administrator ♦ Ex. Teamspeak Staff ♦
♦ Ex. Trouble in Terrorist Town [TTT] Administrator ♦

Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Sopheric.

[TTT] Unlock Suggestion 6 years 6 months ago #890667

Vector and a Tec 9 at the same time?
Are you crazy!?
  • mecake
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 21
Boi.

[TTT] Unlock Suggestion 6 years 6 months ago #890670

Miia wrote:
I don't see much of a need for adding this as it seems to only be needed because of the contender. No one is using the luger and with tec 9 you want a sniper rather then any of the other unlock weapons. To be honest no one really uses contender as well, there are just better weapons, even if given the option to have something like a vector and contender i still would not use it.
But when you are extremely behind like me the best you have is the contender.. not everyone is overlord and has access to every single unlock smh, this suggestion is aimed at the people without so much experience
  • Eddie2.0
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Eddie2.0.

[TTT] Unlock Suggestion 6 years 6 months ago #890672

mecake wrote:
Are you crazy!?
If you get to the point of unlocking both of them, you deserve it. And yes, maybe
  • Eddie2.0
  • Fresh Boarder

[TTT] Unlock Suggestion 6 years 6 months ago #890690

Eddie2.0 wrote:
Miia wrote:
But when you are extremely behind like me the best you have is the contender.. not everyone is overlord and has access to every single unlock smh, this suggestion is aimed at the people without so much experience
Even if that is your highest unlock it is still a trash weapon that no one uses, maybe if given the chance to have it with another weapon it would be used more. However i don't think its worth doing to make one weapon more used when it could end with some overpowered weapon combos.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin

[TTT] Unlock Suggestion 6 years 6 months ago #890703

Not really needed. Currently most high level players use the tec 9, Adding an option to pick the vector aswell would just make it such a easy combo to win.
  • DrConor
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thanks received: 339

[TTT] Unlock Suggestion 6 years 6 months ago #890704

Miia wrote:
Eddie2.0 wrote:
Miia wrote:
Even if that is your highest unlock it is still a trash weapon that no one uses, maybe if given the chance to have it with another weapon it would be used more. However i don't think its worth doing to make one weapon more used when it could end with some overpowered weapon combos.
I understand that. It isn’t a trash weapon though it’s still one shot for headshots just like the regular M24, and it’s really fun to use
  • Eddie2.0
  • Fresh Boarder

[TTT] Unlock Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #890897

Eddie2.0 wrote:
Smojea. wrote:
No, overpowered.
Not really, most unlock guns are already overpowered like the Tec 9, anyway that's the point of ranking up, you already become OP by ranking up on Zarp

We have 3-4 OP unlock weapons
Tec9
Kriss Vector
Mossberg

And we have 20ish unlockable weapons. So 20% of the weapons are OP then.... And 20% is wayyyyyyy below the 50% mark at which you could actually most of them

I do agree that they are strong. Luger for example is 2nd best SIDEARM and its the first unlock, but only minority of them are OP
  • LonelyDodo
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Carpe Noctem
  • Thanks received: 528
Ex
TTT Head Administrator
Prophunt Administrator

add me on steam: Steamcommunity.com/id/lonelydodo

[TTT] Unlock Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #890898

Eddie2.0 wrote:
Miia wrote:

When I was in your point I used Luger. I went with luger until I could get mossberg. Mossberg + M98B is lovely combo
  • LonelyDodo
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Carpe Noctem
  • Thanks received: 528
Ex
TTT Head Administrator
Prophunt Administrator

add me on steam: Steamcommunity.com/id/lonelydodo

[TTT] Unlocks Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #890912

Fucking effort :P
  • Boxy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Poecilotheria metallica
  • Thanks received: 1035

[TTT] Unlock Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #890921

LonelyDodo wrote:
Eddie2.0 wrote:
Smojea. wrote:
No, overpowered.

We have 3-4 OP unlock weapons
Tec9
Kriss Vector
Mossberg

And we have 20ish unlockable weapons. So 20% of the weapons are OP then.... And 20% is wayyyyyyy below the 50% mark at which you could actually most of them

I do agree that they are strong. Luger for example is 2nd best SIDEARM and its the first unlock, but only minority of them are OP
I guess I didn’t mean it like that, just most the weapons that people actually use are OP, no one uses the other ones
  • Eddie2.0
  • Fresh Boarder

[TTT] Unlock Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #890923

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

I may be wrong but I believe there are actually 12 unlockable weapons so that means OP weapons would make up about 25-33% of the unlockables which is still below Dodo's mark...

If considered overpowered then a minor handicap could be suggested for those who equip two unlockables with less damage being given from those guns. Though I'm not fond of the idea of a handicap in which players who leveled up and earned them have to be constrained.
  • Sopheric
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Sopheric. Reason: 100th post yee

[TTT] Unlock Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #890927

R a m e n wrote:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

I may be wrong but I believe there are actually 12 unlockable weapons so that means OP weapons would make up about 25-33% of the unlockables which is still below Dodo's mark...

If considered overpowered then a minor handicap could be suggested for those who equip two unlockables with less damage being given from those guns. Though I'm not fond of the idea of a handicap in which players who leveled up and earned them have to be constrained.
and that’s what I mean, if you have earned all the weapons, I think it would be good to be able to equip one primary and one secondary
  • Eddie2.0
  • Fresh Boarder

[TTT] Unlock Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #890954

mecake wrote:
Are you crazy!?
As someone who has used the tec 9 a lot i can safely say that pairing it with a vector is a very dumb combo. If you are using tec you have no need for another shortish range quick time to kill weapon like the vector, as you will most likely only be using tec at close ranges. You need a weapon that helps counter the tecs weakness, its range. This is why tec and a sniper is the best combo you can get so even if given the option to pair an unlock weapon with tec i would not, however if i was forced to my choice would be the uzi over the vector as i can be more accurate with it over longer distances.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin

[TTT] Unlock Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #890961

Miia wrote:
mecake wrote:
Are you crazy!?
As someone who has used the tec 9 a lot i can safely say that pairing it with a vector is a very dumb combo. If you are using tec you have no need for another shortish range quick time to kill weapon like the vector, as you will most likely only be using tec at close ranges. You need a weapon that helps counter the tecs weakness, its range. This is why tec and a sniper is the best combo you can get so even if given the option to pair an unlock weapon with tec i would not, however if i was forced to my choice would be the uzi over the vector as i can be more accurate with it over longer distances.

TL;DR Miia says get yourself a M24(/M98B) and Tec-9 ;)
  • Sopheric
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Sopheric. Reason: I have my reasons
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

186 PLAYERS ONLINE