[Deathrun] Suggestion 6 years 8 months ago #831121

Server Name:
Deathrun

Suggestion Title:
Make exploit list public

How would it benefit the server:
Actually let newer players avoid exploits

Potential Issues/Exploits:
More people may try it but it can easily be counter acted.

Additional notes:
I was informed by some Deathrun staff member that there is an exploit list but it is not public. In my opinion that is a incredibly stupid decision. For one a newer player should be looking for what they should be avoided whilst playing deathrun. If a player does an exploit and is not aware of it how would that be fair punish them?
Another reason that this was denied I assume is because it will cause more people to exploit? Again that is incredibly stupid because the server has staff members (WHO'S JOB IS TO STOP THE RULE BREAKERS). The fact some staff members would use "it would cause more exploit" is just because they're lazy and don't actually want to do their duties.
I highly recommend this change.
  • Micky
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 7911
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: schnitzel nazi, Jim_Jam, Raeker

[Deathrun] Suggestion 6 years 8 months ago #831125

It should be public, 100%.

The people that don't want it to be public say "Well if we tell users about exploits they are more likely to use them!". That is stupid, staff exist for a reason.

HUGE :plussp:

EDIT: This list isn't even been sent to staff members, which causes even more confusions. It should at least be used as part of training staff.
  • Jim_Jam
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3490
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Jim_Jam.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Micky

[Deathrun] Suggestion 6 years 8 months ago #831126

I can see why - in order for them to not do that.

But then you always have those people who don't give a damn and do it regardless therefore disrupting the server and having to get staff involved each time it happens.
  • CrankyBot
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Second Grade Soundboard
  • Thanks received: 1173
Ex-TTT & PropHunt Head Admin
Ex-Section Moderator & TeamSpeak Moderator

[Deathrun] Suggestion 6 years 8 months ago #831130

CrankyBot wrote:

But then you always have those people who don't give a damn and do it regardless therefore disrupting the server and having to get staff involved each time it happens.
Well it is the staff members duties to take care of that.
  • Micky
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
The following user(s) said Thank You: schnitzel nazi

[Deathrun] Suggestion 6 years 8 months ago #831131

I agree. We are here for handling these situations, if someone does it, it will be under their own risk. We are staff for working on this.

:plussp:
  • VyTeXx
  • Legendary Member
  • Legendary Cookie
  • Thanks received: 274

[Deathrun] Suggestion 6 years 8 months ago #831145

Jim_Jam wrote:

The people that don't want it to be public say "Well if we tell users about exploits they are more likely to use them!". That is stupid, staff exist for a reason.

EDIT: This list isn't even been sent to staff members, which causes even more confusions. It should at least be used as part of training staff.

This exploit list was made by me and Lemon and it was kept for the staff team only, this was not me or Lemons decision, but more so the owners, i have suggestion this within the staff team.
  • Cookie Banana
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Make deathrun great again!
  • Thanks received: 136

Make deathrun great again!

[Deathrun] Suggestion 6 years 8 months ago #831146

2fast4you wrote:
Jim_Jam wrote:

This exploit list was made by me and Lemon and it was kept for the staff team only, this was not me or Lemons decision, but more so the owners, i have suggestion this within the staff team.

Half of the staff team doesn't have the link or permission to view the document in the first place.
  • Jim_Jam
  • TTT is my child ❤️

[Deathrun] Suggestion 6 years 8 months ago #831147

To be honest there isn't much point in making this public as 75% of the players I see on are newbies and won't look at the forums as well as the people who aren't newbies would already know the exploits
  • redacted
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Valar Morghulis
  • Thanks received: 441
Ex Murder Admin
Ex Deathrun Admin x3
Ex Prophunt Admin
Ex TTT Moderator

[Deathrun] Suggestion 6 years 8 months ago #831149

Jim_Jam wrote:
2fast4you wrote:
Jim_Jam wrote:

Half of the staff team doesn't have the link or permission to view the document in the first place.

Then msg me on Steam and I will make sure they do :)
  • Cookie Banana
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[Deathrun] Suggestion 6 years 8 months ago #831152

And also I :minussp: simply be as cranky said there's no point, cause there's always that one or two players that do the exploits to troll.
  • Cookie Banana
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[Deathrun] Suggestion 6 years 8 months ago #831159

Micky wrote:
CrankyBot wrote:

Well it is the staff members duties to take care of that.

The point I'm trying to get at here is there is a reason it's kept explicitly to staff member as not many people know of the exploit list or any of the exploits within Deathrun - if the list goes out that number will most likely increase and you'd have to start being more alert for users.
  • CrankyBot
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Second Grade Soundboard
  • Thanks received: 1173
Ex-TTT & PropHunt Head Admin
Ex-Section Moderator & TeamSpeak Moderator

[Deathrun] Suggestion 6 years 8 months ago #831163

I agree with cranky, me and lemon created it for the staff team, not for public...soz
  • Cookie Banana
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[Deathrun] Suggestion 6 years 8 months ago #831169

2fast4you wrote:
And also I :minussp: simply be as cranky said there's no point, cause there's always that one or two players that do the exploits to troll.
You say this but you do realise that random people come on to be racist, disrespect others etc, we cannot single this situation out. Both of the examples I have listed is worse than exploiting and staff members handle that, so what is the difference with exploiting? I don't see why it'd be an issue when staff can easily either tp a player or slay them to stop them exploiting. If the players choose to exploit then the staff punish them simple as that.
  • Micky
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
The following user(s) said Thank You: schnitzel nazi

[Deathrun] Suggestion 6 years 8 months ago #831170

2fast4you wrote:
I agree with cranky, me and lemon created it for the staff team, not for public...soz

I guess we'll have to make a new one to be public then :/ (assuming this suggestion is accepted)
  • Jim_Jam
  • TTT is my child ❤️

[Deathrun] Suggestion 6 years 8 months ago #831172

You are litteraly showing players exactly what to do to exploits, same as telling exactly what words to say to be racist in the server rules...doesn't work out man
  • Cookie Banana
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[Deathrun] Suggestion 6 years 8 months ago #831176

2fast4you wrote:
You are litteraly showing players exactly what to do to exploits, same as telling exactly what words to say to be racist in the server rules...doesn't work out man

Your job as staff is to punish the players that break these rules. Stopping users from understanding what an exploit is on our server just because you are too scared of them using them/too lazy to do your duties is stupid.

They need to know what they cannot do on the server.
  • Jim_Jam
  • TTT is my child ❤️

[Deathrun] Suggestion 6 years 8 months ago #831181

Jim_Jam wrote:
2fast4you wrote:

Your job as staff is to punish the players that break these rules. Stopping users from understanding what an exploit is on our server just because you are too scared of them using them/too lazy to do your duties is stupid.

We aren't staff here only to punish players from rulebreaking
But to completely prevent someone for doing a rulebreak. showing ppl how to rulebreak isn't our job

And the server rules explains what an exploit is just fine, no one needs to know an exact exploit
  • Cookie Banana
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Cookie Banana.

[Deathrun] Suggestion 6 years 8 months ago #831183

2fast4you wrote:
Jim_Jam wrote:
2fast4you wrote:

But to completely prevent someone for doing a rulebreak. showing ppl how to rulebreak isn't our job

You could say the same about the server rules. Some people could go through them and do everything it tells them not to. I guess we should delete them too because we don't want users to rulebreak!
  • Jim_Jam
  • TTT is my child ❤️
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Jim_Jam.

[Deathrun] Suggestion 6 years 8 months ago #831186

Jim_Jam wrote:
2fast4you wrote:
Jim_Jam wrote:
2fast4you wrote:

As you can see here deathrun has a fine set of rules, and one of them is exploiting, new players can see what an exploit is on the official rules of deathrun

2.92 - Exploiting / Trap Avoiding
Exploiting unintentional map faults to benefit yourself or others is prohibited. You're allowed to use intentional map features to avoid 1 trap but avoiding 2 or more traps in a single motion/feature is not allowed.
  • Cookie Banana
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[Deathrun] Suggestion 6 years 8 months ago #831188

2fast4you wrote:
Jim_Jam wrote:
2fast4you wrote:
Jim_Jam wrote:
2fast4you wrote:

As you can see here deathrun has a fine set of rules, and one of them is exploiting, new players can see what an exploit is on the official rules of deathrun

2.92 - Exploiting / Trap Avoiding
Exploiting unintentional map faults to benefit yourself or others is prohibited. You're allowed to use intentional map features to avoid 1 trap but avoiding 2 or more traps in a single motion/feature is not allowed.

Correct, so lets explain what we see as an "Intentional Map Feature", every server is different.
  • Jim_Jam
  • TTT is my child ❤️
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds

314 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
20/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun