Suggestion: The new Wanted-System *Edited* 11 years 1 month ago #10865

Account name, steam-id and in-game name?:
Account Name:gerjake
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:1:42815600
In-Game: [ZARP] Xaotic
Which server is this suggestion for?:
1|Zarp DarkRP

What would you like to add?:
I would like to REMOVE this new wanted-System.

How would it benefit the server/why do you want to add this?
Here is some Text, i copied from my earlier post (This one is edited.)
Yeah yeah, i know, this Wanted-System is Beautiful and stuff
  • Xaotic
  • Fresh Boarder
Login or register to post a reply.

Suggestion: The new Wanted-System *Edited* 11 years 1 month ago #10871

+Support, but use template.
  • Bobai
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 30

Suggestion: The new Wanted-System *Edited* 11 years 1 month ago #10872

Was searching for one but no one was there :I link maybe so i can edit tomorrow?
  • Xaotic
  • Fresh Boarder

Suggestion: The new Wanted-System *Edited* 11 years 1 month ago #10884

• SirWilly
  • Senior Boarder
  • Superadmin before you were born
  • Thanks received: 9

Suggestion: The new Wanted-System *Edited* 11 years 1 month ago #10930

+Support

This wanted system is a great idea, and has some great potential; But in it's current state, it is far from good. Being wanted for defending yourself or your building is something that should never happen. I am also often wanted for crimes that I did commit, but there were no witnesses anywhere around.

As for the taser, it is very OP in my opinion. It makes escaping the police nearly impossible. Some ways to even it out would be to lower it's range, increase the reload/cooldown time, and maybe make it have a limited amount of ammo that they can buy more of.
  • Rboy17z
  • Fresh Boarder

Suggestion: The new Wanted-System *Edited* 11 years 1 month ago #11907

Just wanna bump this because its important..
  • Xaotic
  • Fresh Boarder

Suggestion: The new Wanted-System *Edited* 11 years 1 month ago #11932

As example: i was defending a Gunshop from a Friend and as i shot the Raiders

I don't think realistically you are allowed to shoot raiders. You are meant to call the police and use your stunstick.

Yes it is retarded, but killing people is against the law.

Perhaps the system is a bit too much RP for the rest of the server/community as the rest is semi-serious.
  • Scottie

Suggestion: The new Wanted-System *Edited* 11 years 1 month ago #11942

Scottie wrote:

I don't think realistically you are allowed to shoot raiders. You are meant to call the police and use your stunstick.

Perhaps the system is a bit too much RP for the rest of the server/community as the rest is semi-serious.

I agree. The server is Semi-serious. A way around this issue is add a radius to the owner of a door. Meaning if the owner is defending their home, any uncivil action such as shooting or killing people while in the radius of their home would not make them wanted. To prevent people from killing people not raiding their home would mean that the person that is being shot for raiding would also have to be in the radius of their home. This makes it so someone wouldn't be able to buy a door and stand there with a sniper and RDM people across the map. It would take a lot of work testing and zoning it. It would also require more work if the server was ever to change maps.
  • DoM
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 2

Suggestion: The new Wanted-System *Edited* 11 years 1 month ago #11944

DoM wrote:
Scottie wrote:

I agree. The server is Semi-serious. A way around this issue is add a radius to the owner of a door. Meaning if the owner is defending their home, any uncivil action such as shooting or killing people while in the radius of their home would not make them wanted. To prevent people from killing people not raiding their home would mean that the person that is being shot for raiding would also have to be in the radius of their home. This makes it so someone wouldn't be able to buy a door and stand there with a sniper and RDM people across the map. It would take a lot of work testing and zoning it. It would also require more work if the server was ever to change maps.

True, but what if people go stand in front of their doors so they can legally blow peoples head off? Easily exploitable..
  • Scottie

Suggestion: The new Wanted-System *Edited* 11 years 1 month ago #11953

Scottie wrote:
DoM wrote:
Scottie wrote:

True, but what if people go stand in front of their doors so they can legally blow peoples head off? Easily exploitable..

People already do that and they are breaking a rule, RDM. The question is would it be better to have a wanted system that would allow people to not get wanted while defending themselves, or have a chance that someone can exploit it to kill someone in range of their door, while also being in range of the door themselves, and killing the person without becoming wanted. There's more brainstorming to be done if the will is there. I had this problem being a banker. So I will put more thought into how this could be made to work for everyone.
  • DoM
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 2

Suggestion: The new Wanted-System *Edited* 11 years 1 month ago #11955

DoM wrote:
Scottie wrote:
DoM wrote:
Scottie wrote:

People already do that and they are breaking a rule, RDM. The question is would it be better to have a wanted system that would allow people to not get wanted while defending themselves, or have a chance that someone can exploit it to kill someone in range of their door, while also being in range of the door themselves, and killing the person without becoming wanted. There's more brainstorming to be done if the will is there. I had this problem being a banker. So I will put more thought into how this could be made to work for everyone.

It's a very, very hard case. We all need to brainstorm and we appreciate your ideas. I'm just thinking such a quickfix would result into other problems that need and fix, and this way we continue.
  • Scottie

Suggestion: The new Wanted-System *Edited* 11 years 1 month ago #11957

DoM wrote:
Scottie wrote:
DoM wrote:
Scottie wrote:

Yes, indeed, they would be breaking the RDM rule. I also agree that the wanted system must be improved to include things such as "Self-Defense".
  • Biolite
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4

Suggestion: The new Wanted-System *Edited* 11 years 1 month ago #12155

Maybe make it so you can shoot wanted people, and a button say maybe F2, calls the cops and when the cops answer they get a waypoint to the call's position
  • DoAxKenney1
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1
Scottie wrote:
I strangled a penguin once..

Suggestion: The new Wanted-System *Edited* 11 years 1 month ago #13889

Scottie wrote:

You are right, but imagine IRL, A thief comes into ur store and shoots all around (as a raider would do). It does give u an RP and IRL reason to kill him, no? I mean correct me if I'm wrong but, I don't think I am.
  • pjread01
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 19

Suggestion: The new Wanted-System *Edited* 11 years 1 month ago #13897

[size=360:38kzwpsk]+SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

The wanted system atm is terrible !!!!!!!
  • Wolf
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

179 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
6/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT