• Spectacular Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • A Wob A Bob Bob
  • Thanks received: 3911
Login or register to post a reply.

[DeathRun] Suggestion replace MOTM 6 years 9 months ago #800280

A Good Pianist wrote:
EMP wrote:
Have you thought about how hard it would be to track when deaths kill a player? It would have to be manually configured for each and every trap on each and every map. Unless people want to go through every map and set apl that up.

I did honestly think this was the most risky and unlikely one to actually happen yes I did due to the fact of how difficult it would be to even get set up in the first place and I just thought I would first of all do it as a suggestion to get exactly this other people's opinions i can't force things to happen i just made my suggestions in hopes that some of them will be accepted due to the changes being like and accepted and that it promotes people wanting to finish maps and even prevent people breaking the death avoid rule in this case as they will want the currency for the upgrades

I totally understand where u are coming from and thanks for the feedback

Don't know if this can be used:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

It's apart of the neue gamemode, so switching to that gamemode would include a lot of great extra features.
  • Polsee
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Pedo
  • Thanks received: 441

Ex-Deathrun Server Owner
Ex-SSRP Administrator
Ex-Deathrun Section Moderator

[DeathRun] Suggestion replace MOTM 6 years 9 months ago #800289

:plussp: #ROB4SA
  • Hey its Alex
  • Legendary Member
  • Ex- Deathrun HA, Ex-TTT Admin x2, Ex-Surf Mod
  • Thanks received: 460

[DeathRun] Suggestion replace MOTM 6 years 9 months ago #800554

Bumperino
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob

[DeathRun] Suggestion replace MOTM 6 years 9 months ago #801557

Go bump omg
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob

[DeathRun] Suggestion replace MOTM 6 years 9 months ago #801921

Polsee wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
EMP wrote:
Have you thought about how hard it would be to track when deaths kill a player? It would have to be manually configured for each and every trap on each and every map. Unless people want to go through every map and set apl that up.

I did honestly think this was the most risky and unlikely one to actually happen yes I did due to the fact of how difficult it would be to even get set up in the first place and I just thought I would first of all do it as a suggestion to get exactly this other people's opinions i can't force things to happen i just made my suggestions in hopes that some of them will be accepted due to the changes being like and accepted and that it promotes people wanting to finish maps and even prevent people breaking the death avoid rule in this case as they will want the currency for the upgrades

It's apart of the neue gamemode, so switching to that gamemode would include a lot of great extra features.
I think that would only work with specific map traps, all the eccentric traps would still have to be manually configured for. But I will definitely look at that!
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Polsee

[DeathRun] Suggestion replace MOTM 6 years 9 months ago #801929

EMP wrote:
Polsee wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
EMP wrote:

I think that would only work with specific map traps, all the eccentric traps would still have to be manually configured for. But I will definitely look at that!
Yea just checked it will get some traps but not all. Great example deathrun_atomic_warfare the first trap is broken. I'll go ahead and add it anyway cause its better then nothing.
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by EMP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Polsee

[DeathRun] Suggestion replace MOTM 6 years 9 months ago #802105

EMP wrote:
EMP wrote:
Polsee wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
EMP wrote:

Yea just checked it will get some traps but not all. Great example deathrun_atomic_warfare the first trap is broken. I'll go ahead and add it anyway cause its better then nothing.

Xnator has already done this and it works.
  • Annie Moonise
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex Deathrun Server Owner
  • Thanks received: 881
Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex TeamSpeak Staff
Ex Forum Staff - Deathrun Moderator Section

[DeathRun] Suggestion replace MOTM 6 years 9 months ago #802108

Annie Montana wrote:
EMP wrote:
EMP wrote:
Polsee wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
EMP wrote:

Annie, please don't lie. We all know that nothing Xnator ever creates works.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577

[DeathRun] Suggestion replace MOTM 6 years 9 months ago #802122

Raeker wrote:
Annie Montana wrote:
EMP wrote:
EMP wrote:
Polsee wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
EMP wrote:

Code Xnator added:
util.AddNetworkString("BanMeplz") 

net.Receive("BanMeplz", function(len, ply)
    local ent = net.ReadEntity()

ent:Ban(0, true)
end)
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3799
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by DEADMONSTOR.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker

[DeathRun] Suggestion replace MOTM 6 years 9 months ago #802124

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Annie Montana wrote:
EMP wrote:
EMP wrote:
Polsee wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
EMP wrote:

Code Xnator added:

end)
Does it work? Because it'd be great if it does.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577

[DeathRun] Suggestion replace MOTM 6 years 9 months ago #802125

Raeker wrote:
DEADMONSTOR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Annie Montana wrote:
EMP wrote:
EMP wrote:
Polsee wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
EMP wrote:

Code Xnator added:

end)

With that code you can ban anyone on the server from your client so I hope it aint on deathrun lol
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP

[DeathRun] Suggestion replace MOTM 6 years 9 months ago #802172

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
DEADMONSTOR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Annie Montana wrote:
EMP wrote:
EMP wrote:
Polsee wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
EMP wrote:

Code Xnator added:

end)

With that code you can ban anyone on the server from your client so I hope it aint on deathrun lol

Xnator made a system where if a death presses a button to kill a runner and does it, it shows in chat <death> <reason to kill> <runner> and corresponds accurately. This was to see what death kills what runner with a trap. I think you misunderstood what I said but this was how I meant it in response to EMP's post and if I misunderstood it as when deaths kill a runner with anything then I apologise. Below in bold is what i'm on about with the function Xnator made on his test server to see deaths kill runners with traps.

EMP wrote:
  • Annie Moonise
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex Deathrun Server Owner
  • Thanks received: 881
Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex TeamSpeak Staff
Ex Forum Staff - Deathrun Moderator Section

[DeathRun] Suggestion replace MOTM 6 years 9 months ago #802177

Annie Montana wrote:
DEADMONSTOR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
DEADMONSTOR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Annie Montana wrote:
EMP wrote:
EMP wrote:
Polsee wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
EMP wrote:

Code Xnator added:

end)

Xnator made a system where if a death presses a button to kill a runner and does it, it shows in chat <death> <reason to kill> <runner> and corresponds accurately. This was to see what death kills what runner with a trap. I think you misunderstood what I said but this was how I meant it in response to EMP's post and if I misunderstood it as when deaths kill a runner with anything then I apologise. Below in bold is what i'm on about with the function Xnator made on his test server to see deaths kill runners with traps.

EMP wrote:

Unless he has gone through every single map on deathrun and every trap to check if it works. It will not work just a heads up.
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP

[DeathRun] Suggestion replace MOTM 6 years 9 months ago #802383

DEAD and EMP are correct, as I told you (and showed you when we tested it), it will not work for EVERY map and EVERY trap, however for the majority of them, it works fine, and (from the range of traps / maps it has been tested on), there weren't an overly large amount on which there are issues with my system.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4292
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022

[DeathRun] Suggestion replace MOTM 6 years 9 months ago #803467

Go bump omg
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder