Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [TTT Suggestion] Silent !gag *

[TTT Suggestion] Silent !gag * 6 years 6 months ago #781597

Server Name:TTT

Suggestion Title:Silent !gag * that doesn't show up on recents.

How would it benefit the server: I'm one of the most active staff members [/brag] so this comes up to me a lot, and I've heard for a few others as well. There are tons of times where the server, BECAUSE of the fact that there's 40+ people playing on it, 5 or more people get in an EXTREMELY heated argument. It's not Mic spam, It's not racist, it's not anything but it destroys the game. Everyone's just yelling, no one is listening, and it's ruining other peoples time. It's nothing but shouting in your headphones, there's not a single person that's doing it, and you don't want to punish them with a gag because 1. You don't know EXACTLY who's doing it, 2. They probably don't deserve it as much, because it's just an argument that got out of hand, happens to everyone.

Making a silent command that is like !gag *, gagging the entire server that DOESN'T show up on recents, would be great, because you could simply defuse the argument, ungag them and carry on as normal.

This day in particular, it was bad. Like any days, it just RUINS workflow for staff - I was CLAMPED with reports, but I couldn't deal with them immediately because there was this argument going on, and I have to find ways to put out that fire before carrying on with the reports, because it is a pretty big problem. When I went back to the reports, around 3 rounds later, and put people in the report chat, they forgot what happened because it happened quite a while ago.

It would be MUCH easier to diffuse situations like that:
>Heated argument
>had enuff.jpg
>!silentgag *
>"Everyone, relax. Stop yelling, and stop this argument, anyone caught arguing about some petty shit like "My country is better" or "No Marvel is better than DC" past this point will be caught and punished with a gag or a warn."
>!ungag *

This would mean I don't have to shout over others being all unprofessional, and would be literally incredibly easy to finish a problem that's quite big and quite common. AT LEAST once a day.

PS : Sorry for bad formatting and rushed points, it was super rushed
Potential Issues/Exploits: None

Additional notes: My conversation about it with Chienman:
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Yikes Svanz Comet.
Login or register to post a reply.

[TTT Suggestion] Silent !gag * 6 years 6 months ago #781623

ttt server 2 on the other hand

• Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5849
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Studio Banter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brenzor9137

[TTT Suggestion] Silent !gag * 6 years 6 months ago #781635

Studio Banter wrote:
I'd love it, but for now, I'd love to see this.

[TTT Suggestion] Silent !gag * 6 years 6 months ago #781643

Svanzscape wrote:
Studio Banter wrote:
I'd love it, but for now, I'd love to see this.

no no no the joke has been lost
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5849

[TTT Suggestion] Silent !gag * 6 years 6 months ago #781715

Bad idea imo just deal with the guilty ones indivually than rather dragging the innocents one into this. I'd punish someone if they aren't going to use their microphone constructively as it can fall under micspam since they're acting all cool on a TTT server and trying to just make a fool out of themselves than actually play.
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9567

[TTT Suggestion] Silent !gag * 6 years 6 months ago #781755

Clarky wrote:
Bad idea imo just deal with the guilty ones indivually than rather dragging the innocents one into this. I'd punish someone if they aren't going to use their microphone constructively as it can fall under micspam since they're acting all cool on a TTT server and trying to just make a fool out of themselves than actually play.

That's the problem. It felt like you didn't even read the topic.
"Just deal with the guilty ones"
1.Hard to identify. As I said, theres like 5 people talking at the time, it takes ages for me to actually find the people doing it.
2.How am I going to "deal with them". They're not mic-spamming, they're not disrespecting. They're just ruining the flow of the game. A simple, literally 10 second server mute, and a quick "Stop arguing come on guys" and it's sorted.
3. They don't deserve it. EVERYONE has had arguments go our of hand without them realising, the voices just go up and up without realising. A short, 10 second controlled reality check will sort it out.
4.If they do continue, those who do will be SUPER easy to identify, as most will be intomidated after the warning.

Thing is, as I've said, I'm very active, and to me and not only me, this happens literally too many times. Once or more a day EVERY day. It's a super common issue and it literally ruins workflow for staff, because I can't deal with reports because I have to deal with the argument. After I deal with that, I can't deal with reports because people in reports forgot what even happened.

As for making a fool or whatever out of themselves, come on. This isn't a super serious simulation, This is a game, a COMMUNITY. It's fun, people mess about, have a laugh about random shit, hoo-hee the whole world works. It's healthy. It's what makes TTT rhe actuall TTT that it is. So people can have their fun, and I encourage it, as long as everyones having fun and no one is actually suffering.

BUT ASIDE FROM ALL THAT It's a huge problem for workflow, and this would be BY FAR, BY A BIG FUCKING MILE, the best solution to the problem. There's no reason not to implement it, efficiency is super, especially in a 40+ people server. There's literally 0 risk over the reward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chienman

[TTT Suggestion] Silent !gag * 6 years 6 months ago #781810

To be honest, if you say this from an admin perspective, I feel ok with people knowing I gagged them, if you say it because any other reason +support
:zarp:
  • BDnico17
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • That Spanish Guy
  • Thanks received: 309

[TTT Suggestion] Silent !gag * 6 years 6 months ago #781816

TTT is not competitive ,its kind of like a board game where interactions with others are the main component of it. Don't add stricness and seriousness to it no one plays it for that. I have seen you abuse quite a few times and therefore the idea of you having new tools to intimidate people interaction just because you are bitter is not too good. Let people talk and have their fun unless ts racist or rude, if you dont like it press mute .
  • Kleenex
  • Fresh Boarder

[TTT Suggestion] Silent !gag * 6 years 6 months ago #781817

Kleenex wrote:
TTT is not competitive ,its kind of like a board game where interactions with others are the main component of it. Don't add stricness and seriousness to it no one plays it for that. I have seen you abuse quite a few times and therefore the idea of you having new tools to intimidate people interaction just because you are bitter is not too good. Let people talk and have their fun unless ts racist or rude, if you dont like it press mute .

THING is, if people start rdm if or being racist af, they’re gonna get allayed / muted ;)
  • BDnico17
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • That Spanish Guy

[TTT Suggestion] Silent !gag * 6 years 6 months ago #781821

Yeah so since these punishments are still there no need to add commands that will piss people off who before hand didnt break any rules and are being muted for 10 seconds to get told to shut up by a bitter admin who cant enjoy himself
  • Kleenex
  • Fresh Boarder

[TTT Suggestion] Silent !gag * 6 years 6 months ago #781822

Kleenex wrote:
Yeah so since these punishments are still there no need to add commands that will piss people off who before hand didnt break any rules and are being muted for 10 seconds to get told to shut up by a bitter admin who cant enjoy himself

We are pretty “tolerant” to say it in a way when it comes to gag, we don’t gag unless someone is really disrespectful, mic spams a lot or is racist
  • BDnico17
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • That Spanish Guy

[TTT Suggestion] Silent !gag * 6 years 6 months ago #781824

Great lets keep it that way and not give staff powers to annoy and make people more prone to rage against them
  • Kleenex
  • Fresh Boarder

[TTT Suggestion] Silent !gag * 6 years 6 months ago #781838

Seems like a good idea however the command should not be used commonly. however i think its good that it doesnt show on there rap sheet and considering your active and good admin you deserve it if it helps in situations.

:support:
  • Mustang
  • User is blocked
  • Thanks received: 13

[TTT Suggestion] Silent !gag * 6 years 6 months ago #782013

Kleenex wrote:
Great lets keep it that way and not give staff powers to annoy and make people more prone to rage against them

It's a gag for 10 seconds for like 5-7 people. After that it's done.

The amount of tomes I dealt woth tnem, I either DO GAGA the few individuals, or try calming the situation down whenever I get a spot in voice chat, IN BOTH CASES no one is angry at me and people who just want to play are thanking me, along side some people who were in the argument too. Your reply is completely empty, you legit just made shit up about other people.

As for me abusing, proof or it's libel. You've lied about abuse MULTIPLE times, and have lied about staff talking shit about other staff. I legit don't know what your problem is, you're super childish and holde a grudge against staff because you can't follow simple rules.

[TTT Suggestion] Silent !gag * 6 years 6 months ago #782017

Mustang wrote:
Seems like a good idea however the command should not be used commonly. however i think its good that it doesnt show on there rap sheet and considering your active and good admin you deserve it if it helps in situations.

It's not going to be commonly, arguments happen all the time but when they're controllable / not bothering people yet they're super easy to deal with. But as mentioned before, it tends to get out of hand, and I'm not talking about me personally, I'm talking about other users too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mustang

[TTT Suggestion] Silent !gag * 6 years 6 months ago #782018

so gagging everyone is your solution to a few people arguing?
  • Jim_Jam
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3491

[TTT Suggestion] Silent !gag * 6 years 6 months ago #782024

Svanzscape wrote:
Mustang wrote:

It's not going to be commonly, arguments happen all the time but when they're controllable / not bothering people yet they're super easy to deal with. But as mentioned before, it tends to get out of hand, and I'm not talking about me personally, I'm talking about other users too.

Good idea
  • Mustang
  • User is blocked

[TTT Suggestion] Silent !gag * 6 years 6 months ago #782025

Jim_Jam wrote:

I beleive what he is trying to say is that they would use this command when there are five people arguining at once or screaming down there mics. It would be a faster and easier solution then unmuting each and every indavidual player arguing and talking at the same time.
  • Mustang
  • User is blocked
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Mustang.

[TTT Suggestion] Silent !gag * 6 years 6 months ago #782027

Mustang wrote:
Jim_Jam wrote:

I beleive what he is trying to say is that they would use this command when there are five people arguining at once or screaming down there mics. It would be a faster and easier solution then unmuting each and every indavidual player arguing and talking at the same time.

Or you just look whos arguing and tell them to stop and gag them if they continue. I dont see the issue with that :/
  • Jim_Jam
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3491
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clarky

[TTT Suggestion] Silent !gag * 6 years 6 months ago #782046

Jim_Jam wrote:
Mustang wrote:
Jim_Jam wrote:

Or you just look whos arguing and tell them to stop and gag them if they continue. I dont see the issue with that :/

It's like you didn't read...

It's difficult to tell whos arguing when like 5 people are talking.

They aren't doing anything that's punishable in it self.

I don't want to punish someone who doesn't deserve it.

It stops workflow like crazy. Something that would take me 2-3 rounds to deal with, with uneccessary but ONLY POSSIBLE solutions, now can be resolved in a fucking SNAP, 10 seconds max, without any unnecessary force. It's WAAY easier like that.

I wouldn't suggest it if it was unnecessary, believe me. For those who come on for only 4 hours a week, this aint a problem.

TL;DR (because people legit can't read anymore)
"Look who's arguing" good fucking luck lol
"Tell them to stop "good fucking luck lol"
"Gag them" unnecessary use of force. Builds bad relationships with staff/players.
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Yikes Svanz Comet.
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

283 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
6/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop