Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SSRP Server Suggestion Personal Damage Logs

SSRP Server Suggestion Personal Damage Logs 6 years 7 months ago #767448

Server Name: SSRP

Suggestion Title: Personal Damage logs

How would it benefit the server: if someone as hacking or house to test how weapons did on others.

Potential Issues/Exploits: possible lag but if it’s a Personal thing in consol thing I am not sure

Additional notes: This can be good to show if someone can possibly be using god mode or see how a psg does compared to a svu.

EDIT: THIS CAN BE FOR PERSONAL USE GLITCHES AND RAIDS AS I HAVE STATED TO AQUA AND NOT MAINLY FOR RDM.
  • Lerpson
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • black people should totally be allowed to vote
  • Thanks received: 1913
Jay House number 1 as always
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Lerpson.
Login or register to post a reply.

SSRP Server Suggestion Personal Damage Logs 6 years 7 months ago #767449

I wanna talk about this cause i've seen it somewhere before (didn't someone else make the same suggesting? idfk).
Basically the idea is good but then it adds fuel to the fire in my opinion. You get rdmed you can then go rdm that person. This also applies to being raided. It can honestly just be abused and can affect raids and so much more. So personally:
:minussp:
  • Aqua
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Im just peaceful, i dont screw with anyone.
  • Thanks received: 115

Hi!
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Aqua.

SSRP Server Suggestion Personal Damage Logs 6 years 7 months ago #767450

IAqua wrote:
I wanna talk about this cause i've seen it somewhere before (didn't someone else make the same suggesting? idfk).
Basically the idea is good but then itfuelt adds fule to the fire in my opinion. You get rdmed you can then go rdm that person. This also applies to being raided. It can honestly just be abused and can affect raids and so much more. So personally:
I tho l you can show proof on what happened as maybe if there was a glitch or if there was rdm such as you recording the death. This would be mainly used to be testing weapons and see if someone is abusing powers or hacking. Please let me know if you are confused!
  • Lerpson
  • Diamond Boarder

SSRP Server Suggestion Personal Damage Logs 6 years 7 months ago #767451

Yeet Man wrote:
IAqua wrote:
Basically the idea is good but then itfuelt adds fule to the fire in my opinion. You get rdmed you can then go rdm that person. This also applies to being raided. It can honestly just be abused and can affect raids and so much more. So personally:
I tho l you can show proof on what happened as maybe if there was a glitch or if there was rdm such as you recording the death. This would be mainly used to be testing weapons and see if someone is abusing powers or hacking. Please let me know if you are confused!

I guess i understand, but weapons like the gluon and whatnot will cause some hardcore server side lag!
  • Aqua
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Hi!

SSRP Server Suggestion Personal Damage Logs 6 years 7 months ago #767452

Yeet Man wrote:
IAqua wrote:

Also for raids you can use it as a tactical way to see if anyone was damaged or killed using explosives to try and single that player out. Then for defending say your slams go off and you want to check who was killed which can help nlr and do see if anyone else was hurt to get an understanding on who and how many people are raiding. But for rdm you would need video proof as normal.
  • Lerpson
  • Diamond Boarder

SSRP Server Suggestion Personal Damage Logs 6 years 7 months ago #767453

Just becauae its in your console doesn't mean it didnt come from the server. As far as I'm aware we would still have to network the damage from the server to your client. It would be slightly better then networking to multiple clients but would still probably be very intensive if you factor how many people could possibly be taking damage at the same time.
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

SSRP Server Suggestion Personal Damage Logs 6 years 7 months ago #767456

EMP wrote:
Just becauae its in your console doesn't mean it didnt come from the server. As far as I'm aware we would still have to network the damage from the server to your client. It would be slightly better then networking to multiple clients but would still probably be very intensive if you factor how many people could possibly be taking damage at the same time.
You can possibly manually turn it on every time so when afk’s or new players won’t use them but more skilled players or staff can use them. I’m not to sure how it can work but I know garnet gaming uses it on there prison rp server and I’m not to laggy.
  • Lerpson
  • Diamond Boarder

SSRP Server Suggestion Personal Damage Logs 6 years 7 months ago #767460

Yeet Man wrote:
EMP wrote:
You can possibly manually turn it on every time so when afk’s or new players won’t use them but more skilled players or staff can use them. I’m not to sure how it can work but I know garnet gaming uses it on there prison rp server and I’m not to laggy.

Honestly just gonna cause more problems then answers
  • Aqua
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Hi!

SSRP Server Suggestion Personal Damage Logs 6 years 7 months ago #767464

Aqua wrote:
Yeet Man wrote:
EMP wrote:

True true if anything there should be a steam workshop addon in my opinion but I wouldn’t know how to do that.
  • Lerpson
  • Diamond Boarder

SSRP Server Suggestion Personal Damage Logs 6 years 7 months ago #767465

Aqua wrote:
Yeet Man wrote:
EMP wrote:

If the data was already accessible client side without networking the only major fear would be really smart people using it to fake damage logs and that would be a pain in the ass to verify from an administration standpoint.

If its not available nativity on the client then that could still possibly be a huge source of unnecessary networking when working in a ten year old engine every thing that we have to network counts. After all the game runs in one thread each action happens one at a time so everthing matters.
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds

270 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
5/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32